Are they going to make me an offer today?

anjelik

I was recently laid off from my job but have been having a ton of traction in terms of interviews since the exact day I was let go (Jupiter is currently transiting my 6th and I have Saturn almost in exact conjunction for the second time with my MC - third will happen when it goes direct again).

I received an email from a company that I interviewed with last week asking to speak with me regarding my candidacy. I have an interview this morning so I didn't want to speak with them beforehand in case the news ended up being negative because that could throw off my confidence, but then I received a follow up message (after I told her I could speak at 1pm) saying, "I have positive feedback that I am excited to share."

I don't want to get ahead of myself and clearly the 1 degree AC indicates that I really have no idea what is to come of the matter. I see my Jupiter sextile Mercury, which happens to also be in my 6th house. Does that mean they will be making the offer?

This would be very helpful financially for me if this comes through because then I can bank my severance package. This would kind of make sense since Uranus is transiting my second house, so the ups and downs with money have been really annoying... I need an up! :)

To be honest, I wasn't sure how the interview went because I thought I knocked it out of the park with the first two people and the second two people I was definitely questioning everything. If I did impress them, it may have been with my awesome thank you letters.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!

Attachments

• Make an offer.gif
    Make an offer.gif
    60 KB · Views: 36

suhasg

I use different Horary methods. KP.
I created a special Horary chart , place: my, time: when I read and understood your query, chart ascendent is based on random number generated by computer.

Result: YES, you will get a job pretty soon, but for some reason or another you need to wait till 25 May 2014 .

Please provide feedback.

SUhas

anjelik

I use different Horary methods. KP.
I created a special Horary chart , place: my, time: when I read and understood your query, chart ascendent is based on random number generated by computer.

Result: YES, you will get a job pretty soon, but for some reason or another you need to wait till 25 May 2014 .

Please provide feedback.

SUhas

That date sounds right on the money based on time frame. If they did extend an offer today, I would want to consider it over the weekend since I am also interviewing elsewhere and give the my response by early next week. It takes around two weeks to complete a background check and fully on-board someone properly, so it would make perfect sense for everything to go through by then.

anjelik

They made me the offer and salary comes in right where I was before (which is excellent). My interview today went really well, but I don't think they will be able to match what I am earning and they never even asked me what I was earning after being there for 2 hrs. I need to give a response on the offer by Monday. I think I should take it. They want me to start May 19.

A Yian

Jupiter. Lord of I
Mercury. Lord of X

Mercury won't aspect Júpiter
Mercury is vey weak by house and sign.
Jupiter is weak by house

So my judgment is negative, the Moon (general significator) will aspect a week and malef Mars too, that is another argument for No.

Last edited:

tikana

They made me the offer and salary comes in right where I was before (which is excellent). My interview today went really well, but I don't think they will be able to match what I am earning and they never even asked me what I was earning after being there for 2 hrs. I need to give a response on the offer by Monday. I think I should take it. They want me to start May 19.

yeah that merc/jupiter jupiter being strong doesnt suprize me 1 bit.. congrads
the only issue is condition of Mercury as A Yian pointed out.. it is rather weak. A. it is combusted B. it is weak by its sign, C it is in cadent house

take the job

Last edited:

anjelik

Jupiter. Lord of I
Mercury. Lord of X

Mercury will aspect Júpiter with a Sextile.
Jupiter is strong by sign

So my judgment is positive, but there will be delays and difficulties because the weakness of Mercury (the job), and becuase the Moon (general significator) will aspect a week and malef Mars too.

What do you mean delays and difficulties? If I don't take the job or you mean other offers?

yeah that merc/jupiter jupiter being strong doesnt suprize me 1 bit.. congrads
the only issue is condition of Mercury as A Yian pointed out.. it is rather weak. A. it is combusted B. it is weak by its sign, C it is in cadent house

take the job

I will probably take it based on timing and salary. What could happen with the condition of Mercury??

I was just reading on Wikipedia about the strength of a cadent house and apparently it can be brought to full strength by a trine or sextile from Jupiter and in this case Jupiter is exalted, so does that cancel out the negativity of Mercury? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadent_house

Last edited:

tikana

I think merc being so weak is the condition of the business itself. i dont think it has anything to do with the job offer or the money

what kind of a job is it and what kind of business is it? sometimes you do not need a perfect chart for a dream job

anjelik

I think merc being so weak is the condition of the business itself. i dont think it has anything to do with the job offer or the money

what kind of a job is it and what kind of business is it? sometimes you do not need a perfect chart for a dream job

It's a job in Talent Acquisition working for a European bank. Makes sense.. the European banking market isn't doing too hot at the moment. This would be a great platform for my fiance and I since they have offices in London and that is where they interviewed me. They also know that I am interested in mobility so there is a level of transparency. I think this is a solid move for me, but I did not want to accept on the spot because I had a great interview today with a more innovative sort of firm and I wouldn't want to miss out on a potential offer so I let them know I would need the weekend to consider it.

IleneK

Premium Member
Jupiter. Lord of I
Mercury. Lord of X

Mercury will aspect Júpiter with a Sextile.
Jupiter is strong by sign

So my judgment is positive, but there will be delays and difficulties because the weakness of Mercury (the job), and becuase the Moon (general significator) will aspect a week and malef Mars too.

This is strictly for educational purposes. I've been following this thread with interest and I wonder if anyone who sees an answer of yes might clarify if they agree with the following:

It appears to me that Mercury has already separated from its sextile with Jupiter rather than applying to it. So that does not suggest an affirmative answer. Perhaps it is the Moon applying to a trine with Mars?

Anyway, if any of you don't mind, would you mind sharing your thinking that leads you to your positive answers?

I appreciate your thoughts.

A Yian

I saw the trine from the to Mar, that was one of my arguments for "problems".

What I didn't see is that Mercury separates from the aspect with Jupiter. It's was an error. Sorry and thaks you. I'll correct my judgment.

tikana

umm job is merc
querent is jupiter

mercury was applying to jupiter with a sextile. that is the interview.. so she got the job before she asked the question
Mars retro in 10th makes me a bit itchy hostile enviroment plus it is 12th house ruler and being trined by moon.
Looks good to me for the offer but the job itself a bit bothrsome.. you never want malefic in 10th house when it comes to a job.. Jupiter tells me she can handle the job and maybe overqualified. there is a huge disbalance between merc and jupiter.

Last edited:

anjelik

umm job is merc
querent is jupiter

mercury was applying to jupiter with a sextile. that is the interview.. so she got the job before she asked the question
Mars retro in 10th makes me a bit itchy hostile enviroment plus it is 12th house ruler and being trined by moon.
Looks good to me for the offer but the job itself a bit bothrsome.. you never want malefic in 10th house when it comes to a job.. Jupiter tells me she can handle the job and maybe overqualified. there is a huge disbalance between merc and jupiter.

I am probably going to accept it based on the fact that it pays well and this is just something for me to get by until my fiance and I get married next year. I wouldn't say I am over-qualified, but I can no doubt about it do that job. As far as it being a b!tchy environment, well, it's HR in Financial Services, so it is going to be full of temperamental a-holes. That is just the nature of the industry I am in. Does the malefic being Rx make any difference? I am a Mars Libra native, so I am OK with that sort of energy in the work place. We try and keep the peace!

There is something off to me as to how quickly they made me the offer. Or maybe I wasn't quite ready for it. To be fair, I haven't even met the hiring manager in person (I met one person in person and she sits in London and the other three people I spoke with were via video conference. I only spoke with the actual manager via phone). We only spoke via phone, so it makes me question what is going on there. However, as my friend (and you said), just take it because it pays well and it's a means to an end. I did another interview this evening for another foreign bank and that opportunity seems pretty good also, it's just the timing is all off here I suppose. I remain the most interested in the company I interviewed with this morning, but I do not think they will be able to compensate me.

Last edited:

anjelik

lol i didnt say b*tchy.. i said It makes me a bit itchy.. like an itch. agrh lol funny

ohhh ahahahah. Sorry, it just fit really well. Do you mean itchy like lots of movement? I don't want to go somewhere that is unstable. I just want to last a year and not want to slit my wrists on a daily basis like the last place.

tikana

mercury is a planet that is not stable plus it is neutral middegree i wouldnt say a change but just mercury itself just drives me nuts ... get the job and hold on to it after 6 months glance around see if you find anything more suitable.

anjelik

mercury is a planet that is not stable plus it is neutral middegree i wouldnt say a change but just mercury itself just drives me nuts ... get the job and hold on to it after 6 months glance around see if you find anything more suitable.

I realistically just need to last a year. We plan to marry in April 2015 (which I am not wild about the date because it's difficult to get Uranus or Neptune out of the 7th house in an event chart..but the moon will be in Libra, which is nice for our Cardinal planets) and then I will apply for my spouse visa for the UK. Based on the horary, does this appear to be something I can ride out for that long? I normally would be super selective about career growth, etc., but really all I care about is being able to bank my paycheck once I move in with my friend in August. Taking this job will not cause any disruptions in our financial plan for the year. I just want to make sure I am not signing my death certificate lol.