Why are Libra and Pisces favourite signs of the astrologers?

Virgo13

lol I literally asked myself that too the other day:lol:
Libras are lovey-dovey and Pisces, intuitive and lovey ..cuz Neptune is all psychic or something.
I think some astrologers sometimes focus too much on one side of two sided coin and fail to recognise that it's just people with stories and sometimes peoples stories have affected them..
In the end of the day people including astrologers just want to be treated kindly so I think that they often hyper focus on the signs that stereotypically are very nice.
I don't know.. just guessing..

I had one astrologer nitpick at me for being a virgo (because we're supposedly all analytical and cold) until she saw my natal chart and saw my boy Neptune trine ASC. then her whole demeanour changed :sad:

Lin

Not true for me. I'm an astrologer and I find Libras difficult to work with. They give the impression of being open minded and open to new suggestions about how to deal with the issues that are urgent to them. But they aren't. As hard as it may seem, ARies are more open to consciousness raising and visualizing a new way of approaching their problems.

As for Pisces: some are very easy to work with.....and some are very Neptunian and often one doesn't know exactly what they are looking for when coming for a reading.

I don't think I have a favorite sign. But before I do a reading I always do a synastry between the prospective client's chart and mine to see if we are compatible enough for the client to get what they need and what they are paying for. Usually it's fine...because by the time a person gets to the point of finding an astrologer and paying for advice they are usually desperate enough to be open and cooperative!

Rarely do I find that I can't make a difference in the outlook of the person who comes to me for help....even if it is in a way VASTLY different from their original intention.
Often I get calls much later validating most of what I discussed with them in the reading.

One thing I always ask is if the client wants me to be truthful or do they want sugar coating....LOL.....they always say they want the truth. Sometimes it's hard for them to hear. But most people are honest enough with themselves that they know the truth when they hear it.

Libras, not so much. Libra is called "the iron hand in the velvet glove" - and I have found that to be pretty accurate....even the Libra ASC is difficult. Maybe especially difficult, thru no fault of their own. We are given what we are given and we have to work with it.
LIN

Not for me I think Libra is an Air Sign and Pisces is a Water Sign. These two Signs together combine their heads and their hearts to solve all problems — a winning combination. The best decisions are made with both the emotions and the intellect; this relationship tends to be extremely flexible and progressive. Other than that nothing like favorite or something.

SCP11

I didn't know this was the case lol

It's probably because spiritual communities value certain personality types more which perhaps Libra and Pisces are perceived as representing

GemwDepth

Account Closed
I'm an astrologer and I find Libras difficult to work with. They give the impression of being open minded and open to new suggestions about how to deal with the issues that are urgent to them. But they aren't. As hard as it may seem, ARies are more open to consciousness raising and visualizing a new way of approaching their problems.

A person close to me is a triple Libra - Sun, Moon and Mercury. Sun and Moon I can handle, but I can't handle that Mercury! And hence can't converse with them for longer than 10-15 minutes. :unsure: Why? Automatic, ingrained argument for the other side regardless of the situation, circumstance or appropriateness at hand.

If you say A, they automatically argues B. If you switch to B, they will then switch back and passionately, automatically argue A. No matter the situation, the sensitivity of the subject matter, and on and on.

I'll take Aries any day, plus their Mercuries are usually in Pisces, Taurus or Aries, which are all kinda adorable to me in their own ways.

Of course other aspects come into play. Doesn't help our Mercuries are squared.

Libra is called "the iron hand in the velvet glove"

I dig the classic reference above. As someone with heavy Libra energy myself, the traits can be an asset in business. As Libra rules contracts, legal and business agreements.

david starling

A person close to me is a triple Libra - Sun, Moon and Mercury. Sun and Moon I can handle, but I can't handle that Mercury! And hence can't converse with them for longer than 10-15 minutes. :unsure: Why? Automatic, ingrained argument for the other side regardless of the situation, circumstance or appropriateness at hand.

If you say A, they automatically argues B. If you switch to B, they will then switch back and passionately, automatically argue A. No matter the situation, the sensitivity of the subject matter, and on and on.

I'll take Aries any day, plus their Mercuries are usually in Pisces, Taurus or Aries, which are all kinda adorable to me in their own ways.

Of course other aspects come into play. Doesn't help our Mercuries are squared.

I dig the classic reference above. As someone with heavy Libra energy myself, the traits can be an asset in business. As Libra rules contracts, legal and business agreements.

This sheds some light on the meaning of "Catalytic" in 12/12. Mercury in Libra is a Catalytic placement, which means it challenges you to question your assumptions. Apparently Merc in Libra does this by playing "the devil's advocate".

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

Libra is the middle of the zodiac and Pisces is the sign represents astrology, as well religion and spirituality. Adjacent to Libra is the sign with a bad wrap, but is popular with many people: Scorpio, and adjacent to Pisces is the sign of our current age: Aquarius. And to complete the list of the second half of the zodiac is Capricorn (the Christian lord and savior Jesus Christ theoretically born on Dec. 25th) and earlier is Sagittarius (the patron saint Virgin Mary for the Americas - esp. North the USA is located in, Latinos (esp. Mexico where the Virgin Mary was sighted in the town of Guadalupe in 1545) and western hemisphere - Dec 12th). Sagittarius also represents religion and spirituality (like Pisces, ruled by Jupiter) and Capricorn with science and knowledge (Saturn also ruler planet of Aquarius). And I can see favorable Libra is an air sign like powerful Aquarius and strong Scorpio a water sign like popular Pisces.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
This sheds some light on the meaning of "Catalytic" in 12/12. Mercury in Libra is a Catalytic placement, which means it challenges you to question your assumptions. Apparently Merc in Libra does this by playing "the devil's advocate".

They usually think they are being fair, and in a strictly impersonal, intellectual fashion they probably are. Another air Mercury may have no issues with such a style and may even enjoy it.

My (personal) issue with an afflicted placement is that, most situations in life are not about cold, impersonal, intellectual arguments. Most situations in life ARE personal. One's always dealing with egos, feelings, and complexes underneath.

99% of situations require delicacy and sensitivity, especially in a personal relationship.

I find the most problematic Libra placements to be afflicted Mercury or afflicted Mars.

Last edited:

david starling

They usually think they are being fair, and in a strictly impersonal, intellectual fashion they probably are. Another air Mercury may have no issues with such a style and may even enjoy it.

My (personal) issue with an afflicted placement is that, most situations in life are not about cold, impersonal, intellectual arguments. Most situations in life ARE personal. One's always dealing with egos, feelings, and complexes underneath.

99% of situations require delicacy and sensitivity, especially in a personal relationship.

I find the most problematic Libra placements to be afflicted Mercury or afflicted Mars.

I've been wondering about Libran sense of humor for years. How would you characterize it, based on your experience?

GemwDepth

Account Closed
I've been wondering about Libran sense of humor for years. How would you characterize it, based on your experience?

That's a really good question that requires me to dissect and categorize my own energies, a challenge. :biggrin:

Libra is different from Sag and Gemini; Sag can be goofy and Gemini silly.

What Libra brings is an airy appreciation and similarity to what Gemini also values; they can be very similar and hence compatible. While Gemini is the active dynamic here, being childish, flirtatious, silly and witty, Libra is the reactive one that appreciates such frivolity. Libra loves it, then reacts back, but I don't quite notice the sign starting the humor or the antics.

Its the appreciation and enjoyment factor that often nets those two signs as best friends. I think the dynamic is the same with Libra and Sag; Sag would start it, and Libra reacts and enjoys it.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
Honestly, I am not sure. Now that I think about the main question, I can think of more than one sign in modern astrology that's overrated, and the spots wouldn't immediately go to Pisces or Libra for that matter.

If we are talking about modern astrology, the more I compare reality with propaganda, the more I am starting to believe between 30% to 50% of the popularized sign generalizations are simply, wrong.

Perhaps the OP simply possess a personal dislike for the two signs for some reason. A similar post: https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=952789&postcount=166