Will I get the job? Will it worth it?

blumen

I have not tried this method yet, but I think it works in the following way:

the chart is cast for the time and place where the astrologer understands the question. Charts casted with the Frawley's method are unique, because the astrologer cannot understand two questions at the same time.

Draco

Hi SG and Blumen,

I'm not sure if I've understood you're questions correctly, but here's my attempt at answering them:

SG,

I wouldn't think that your question sounds ignorant at all, we don't find stuff out until we ask. ;)

The chart which has been cast by the individual astrologer will answer that individual question as the astrologer received it. We would not use that same chart to answer another question, but use the date, time and place that that other question was received also.

Blumen,

Using this method, the chart is indeed cast for the moment and location at which the question is received.

Each chart cast from the moment that the question was received is unique, and despite each of these charts being different, it would seem so far that they reveal the same answers in different ways, probably because the heavens arrange for the best moment by way of synchronicity for the astrologer to reach that conclusion in the way which would suit them best. So far the experiment I have done with using this method, when another has come along to help and utilised the same method, it is interesting that their chart, although different, would seem to reflect the same answer.

I think that there would of course be occasions where these differing charts may contradict, but in such cases I think that this would tell us about inherent contradictions within the nature of the question.

As there is some confusion as to how this technique works, and as to how how the question asked and question received charts can both be valid at the same time, I think I will start a thread in order to explain this. That way, any questions and answers can be dealt with there.

I hope I have answered your questions, if not look out for the thread.

Draco ;)

blumen

Hi Draco,

I should experiment this method too. Next time someone will post a question I will cast the chart for the moment when I receive the question, and see if the results I will get are similar to those obtained by other readers. In principle one should obtain more or less the same results unregardless of the method used.

Perhaps contradictions between different charts may depend on the different skills of the astrologers, and the style of their interpretation. For instance I have noticed that in your reading of the question “Will my husband divorce me?” you tended to focus on the psychological state of the husband, while I simply did not pay attention to it. Contradictions which are inherent the questions could be indicated by the placement of planets in certain houses, their aspects and so on.

Anyway I’ll give this method a try,

Blumen

Draco

Hi Blumen,

I think it's worth experimenting with the technique.

So far, different charts have provided different answers in different ways, and I think that the chart that each astrologer draws, they will find the answer in the way that is most appropriate for them.

I don't think that if two astrologers come up with totally contradictory answers that it invalidates the technique, or that one astrologer must have interpreted wrongly.

A chart will always reflect an answer upon the question according to the status of that which is asked about at that time for which it is set.

For example, a person asks, 'Will I get married to my girlfriend?', and we receive the question a day after it was asked, and that night they had broke up, they hated each other and the relationship was off, then the chart would reflect this moment and tell us it was unlikely. If we decided not to erect a chart until a year later, and the couple have already since been married, then the chart would tell us this.

So each astrologers chart will reflect the subtle nuances of how the status of that which is inquired about has changed over time. This would make the question asked chart reliable in the sense that it is set for a fixed, unchangeable point in time. The answers reached by any astrologer should always be the same if the answer is interpreted correctly, but, as this was the time that the querent asked the question, it would contain their own more subjective imprints, perhaps sometimes reflecting more what they strongly believe, than what actually will be.

The chart erected by the astrologer when it was received, will reflect the status of the thing asked about at that time, so as long as this chart is drawn up not too long after the question was asked, then each answer should similarly reflect another, albeit via different routes, as the heavens will arrange the time best suited to the interpretative technique of the particular astrologer to arrive at the same answer.

At least that's my theory. The fact is, some horarists only use 'question asked' times, some only used 'question received' times, so both ways must have validity, albeit in different ways. The former will elicit a subjective, internal interpretation, the latter an objective, external one.

I cannot help but opt for the 'question received' time, at least for the moment, because, imagine this scenario: someone writes you a letter asking a question, and it took three days to arrive in the post and they didn't put the time that they asked it, what do you do? Do you write back, asking for a time when they ask the question, wait three days for it to travel there and three for a response to come back? By which time, of course, the time of the original question will have been forgotten, it was nine days ago, and the new time noted will not elicit the same results. It would be much less messing about to simply note the time that you opened the letter and read and understood the question, and answering from that chart, safe in the knowledge that this must have been the chart you were always meant to use.

Sometimes on the forum, people will ask questions and not provide a time and location. Someone always posts back (myself in the past included) and says, 'I cannot interpret your question without the time and place which it was asked'. This is a shame, because when such a question is asked, then this is more appropriately interpreted on such occasions than any other, by the technique of 'question received'.

Another benefit of the 'question received' technique is that usually when a question is asked, someone interprets, thats it. Finished. Yet with the question received technique, this allows us to continue interpreting based upon the individual times and places that the questions were received. If and when our seperate conclusions give us the same answers, then this is much stronger testimony to the inquirer about the validity of our answers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Onto another topic, I wanted to mention that it is interesting that MD has not yet been back to say whether the application was successful, and judging from the last post, about the employers not getting back in touch as promised, and according to the testimony of both Nora's and my own chart, I feel quite sure that this position was not obtained.

If we consider the theory that a 'question received' chart will reflect the current status of the thing asked about, then let's use MD's same question again, to see whether MD did or did not get the job. I will use the time that I wrote down a short while ago to consider this, when I first thought of doing it. Remember that we are considering this question according to the theory that the answer will reflect the status of the thing asked about at that moment in time.

Will I get the job?

4th March, 19:29, St Annes, England, UK.

In the chart, we see that the Ascendant is at 29 degrees of Virgo, the degree upon which the sign dies its death, therefore, this question is being asked too late, which of course it is, but it is also telling us that the answer has already been decided, MD already knows whether the job was obtained or not, but just hasn't been back to tell us (yet).

So was the job obtained?

Mercury is MD's significator, and as it happens, Mercury is the most blighted planet in the chart, in it's fall, detriment, retrograde and combust. Ugh! Bear in mind also that the South node, never a good thing because it holds back and restrains, is present in the 1st house, and although it is I asking this question, MD is still the 1st because I am asking as MD's representative.

If we look to the 10th cusp, in Gemini, we see that the job is also represented by the blighted Mercury. Both the job and MD are in a bad way. Mercury is moving ever deeper into combustion from the Sun, so the cusp that the Sun rules might tell us what is doing the damage to both the job and to MD. The Sun is the ruler of the 11th cusp, and the 11th is the 2nd from the 10th - the jobs finances. As ruler of the 11th - MD's wages.

So according to this chart, I would say that the reason that MD was not contacted back by the job, is because they are not in a position to be employing people right now, they are more likely to be laying people off, because the job is in financial difficulty. Perhaps this is what Mercury's combustion means for the job. As for MD, with the combusting Sun ruling MD's 11th, it might show that because the job is losing finances, they are not now employing people as they had previously intended, so the wages that MD was hoping to benefit from the job (Sun ruler of 11th) will not be forthcoming, as they are not in a position to employ right now. :(

Hopefully this interpretation will prove correct, or I will come out with some serious egg on my face. :?

We'll have to wait and see.

None the less, it is good to try out theories, we learn as much from our mistakes as our successes.

Draco ;)

Summery Joy

Very interesting new technique, Pete.

I figured I'd try myself as well. I cast a chart on 5 March 2006, 1:11pm, Cairo, Egypt, GMT+2

I got the ASC at Cancer 14:45 making the Moon MD's significator at Taurus 28:05 in the 11th house. Now technically, the Moon is void of course, which makes it incorrect to judge the chart. Or maybe it represents the matter "dying" like the late ASC you got.

The Moon, however, is casting a trine to Venus, but it will not perfect until the Moon moves from Taurus to Gemini. Venus here rules the 4th and 11th houses and is the natural significator of partnerships. I don't know how to interpret that aspect though. I can only say, a boundary has to be overcome be it a time frame or a problem.

The Moon, unlike Mercury in your chart, has essential dignity by exaltation and face. It is received by Venus by sign and triplicity and by Saturn by term. It has accidental dignity by being in the 11th house.

The MC is Aries 2:15 and ruled by Mars in Gemini at 7:58 which is technically in the 12th house. I think this placement means that MD still doesn't know about the decision made regarding the job. Mars is essentially peregrine and has accidental debility by being in the 12 house. It is received by Mercury by Sign, Saturn by exaltation and Jupiter by term and face.

There is no applying aspect of translation of light between Mars and the Moon. This is a no answer.

I'm inclined to look at the 7th house to consider MD's rivals and the 8th house (which is the 11th from the 10th) to get an idea about the network of the employers since it provided insight in my last chart.

They are at Capricorn and Aquarius, both ruled by Saturn Rx. Again, this shows that MD's primary rival (the one that most likely to get the job) is in fact someone from within the employers' network of acquaintances. Saturn Rx is at Leo 5:14 in the 2nd house. The essential debility is obvious although it has accidental dignity by being in the 2nd house.

Although the Moon is much stronger than Saturn, Mars has separated from Saturn around two minutes ago. They may suggest that the rival has already been given the job. I cannot explain how that is debilitating for him and how MD has dignity here expect by assuming that the job was not going to do MD much good and that another, better thing is on the way next "something"! (The Moon casts an aspect that will perfect in the next sign).

It's amazing how we keep ending up at similar conclusions, huh?

Draco

Hi Nora,

It is very interesting how we keep drawing similar conclusions, albeit via different routes.

I must say I am a little disappointed that MD didn't pop back to tell us how things went. I notice MD has been on the boards today. :(

Draco ;)

MidnightDevil

He didin't left actually :p

Well, I spoke with my friend that first introduced me to the interview, he says that his boss is having a hard time pointing out a interview with the final client. This is for me and my friend that is also expecting to be interviewed. (As I said before, we were supposed to go for the final interview last Thursday and we didint). So he didin't called us yet because he didint had the chance to pin the day. He told me in the interview it was a "weird client) lol. I guess uranus might be envolved :p

Guys, Im not conclusive about my job, but i got one (i want to change) but since its not very urgent im upset cause its a kind of job where I wanted to learn a lot of new things, but search for a better job will go on :)

It's a great work and discussions that i've read on this thread. It helped me in real life, it helped my knowledge on astrology and I hope you guys also learned something from it. I'll keep you guys up to date if I got something more.

Thank's for such a interesting thread and the answers from it :) all the hard work from you all.

Draco

Hi MD,

So it doesn't look like you'll get this job after all then. Are you looking for an alternative?

Thanks for bringing the question anyway, because I have enjoyed trying to interpret, and this has been a really interesting thread. I would still like to know once and for all however if this job is still a possibility - but, if the charts were right, perhaps not. :razz:

Good luck on your search for something more suitable!

Draco ;)

MidnightDevil

Well, If I go to an interview, I'll let you know if you guys don't mind so you can also practice the horary skills!

Right now, I'm going to post another thread about Sonae buying PT (The nº1 communications company in portugal) ;)

Springup

Hi all,

I've a question on both methods.. from what I've read so far on the interpretations posted here by Draco and sorehearted, both methods derived the same result but both charts tells a different stories, different path or different challenges involved to walk to the same outcome.

MND, which method has been more accurately described your situation?

MidnightDevil

Got news!

Went today for my second interview with the final client!

The job activity was described and all, it's not such a BIG deal as I was thinking, but its good money, so it always worths it I guess.

However nothing is promised or guaranteed. We still have to wait for the answer.

But at least, it happened! :D