Saturn conjunct ASC: co ruler or impedit?

chappygirl

Hi All,

In a love horary : is saturn conjunct ascendant a co ruler of the querent?
Or a destroyer of the quesited?

I read somewhere (by Dr Farr if I am not mistaken) that if saturn has some dignity, it acts as a benefic: Saturn is in its own terms and face.

Saturn is in mutual reception with querent and collects from the quesited (7th and 5th rulers): would you use saturn as a co ruler of the querent?

thanks!

For me, when I see Saturn conjunct the ascendant I typically see this as a "delaying" influence - i.e. either there is something "heavy" weighing on the person or situation in some way (sometimes literally - it has been descriptive of the actual weight of the questioner!) that causes some inertia or depression.

I don't usually use it as a secondary or tertiary significator, however.

I should also mention that I have often seen Saturn when acting as a COL be indicative of an older, wiser person/parent/mentor that influences the situation. With the dignity of Saturn strong here and appearing to be collecting the 7th and 1st significators this could be the case... ?

Just a thought.

Last edited:

chappygirl

Hi Pommepomme

I don't usually use it as a secondary or tertiary significator, however.
so you dont relate it to the querent at all?

I should also mention that I have often seen Saturn when acting as a COL be indicative of an older, wiser person/parent/mentor that influences the situation. With the dignity of Saturn strong here and appearing to be collecting the 7th and 1st significators this could be the case... ?

rechecking the chart, the 7th ruler (mercury) is not within orb of saturn so i dont think that aspect is relevant.
but since it was a question regarding a potential love opportunity, I did use 5th ruler as well. Then, sun as co ruler of 7th and Venus as ruler of the 5th apply to saturn.

Jupiter and Saturn are in mutual reception: jupiter is the querent in the 10th house ruled by libra.
I needed to determine if saturn was co representing querent or just adding some information (as "yes, querent will meet love through work").

thanks for your insight!

Last edited:

erinj

Hello

Just want to add that if Saturn or Capricorn in ruler or intercepted in the first house then it is representative of querent. If it is conjunct the Asc that is also key in answering however Saturn is the great teacher (good, bad or ugly) so we gotta deal and accept it. Yes Saturn conjunct ASC is significant. Good luck!

moonwitch

Hi chappygirl:

Saturn in the first, for me, can indicate a few different things.

1. If it's the significator of the quesited then it means the matter will perfect as it's arrived to the querent.

2. Lilly says it can indicate a mark on the face (the first house being the head) Christian Astrology, pages 50-51.

3. In horary it can also mean that "the matter seldom or never comes to good". Lilly, Christian Astrology, page 123.

4. It can also help describe the querent or the querent's emotional state ie: depression.

Hope this helps.

moonwitch