Help, incredibly stressed about career path

shearlytarable

Hi everyone, I’m a new member of this community but I’ve been learning about astrology for awhile. I’m currently in college studying music and storytelling, which are my passions, but I’ve also ALWAYS been incredibly confused on what career paths make sense for me. I used to have a long list of so many careers that interested me, but my passion lies in the arts. I know my birth chart points to things like taxes and finances, but I have neverrrrrr had any interest in that sort of stuff. I’m sure my eighth house stellium means something here too. If anyone could take a look at my chart and tell me what you think, I’d be really grateful. Thanks!

https://ibb.co/f4N00MS

Last edited by a moderator:

waybread

The 8th house has multiple meanings, of which taxes and finances are only one possibility. The 8th also rules occult matters and a love of things mysterious. 8th house people tend to be very private, so whatever stories you enjoy telling, they probably won't be about yourself.

Story telling I do get, with your domiciled moon in Cancer and Mercury in communicative Gemini.

Have you thought of elementary school teaching, either with a focus on immigrant students/ESL, kids with reading disabilities, or getting on the international teaching circuit? The 9th house rules overseas travel as well as people classified as foreigners. Mercury in the 7th would be good at one-on-one teaching situations.

With your love of music, Venus in Leo would probably enjoy helping kids put on school plays or concerts.

I think you'd be great at teaching.

If it doesn't appeal to you, what does?

shearlytarable

The 8th house has multiple meanings, of which taxes and finances are only one possibility. The 8th also rules occult matters and a love of things mysterious. 8th house people tend to be very private, so whatever stories you enjoy telling, they probably won't be about yourself.

Story telling I do get, with your domiciled moon in Cancer and Mercury in communicative Gemini.

Have you thought of elementary school teaching, either with a focus on immigrant students/ESL, kids with reading disabilities, or getting on the international teaching circuit? The 9th house rules overseas travel as well as people classified as foreigners. Mercury in the 7th would be good at one-on-one teaching situations.

With your love of music, Venus in Leo would probably enjoy helping kids put on school plays or concerts.

I think you'd be great at teaching.

If it doesn't appeal to you, what does?

I wish teaching appealed to me but it just doesn’t :((( I don’t like children at all, I know that sounds bad. I don’t even want to have children. I am sooo interested in the occult though, I really do identify with my eighth house placements concerning the taboo and intimacy and everything of that like. I do love to write, and although I do value my privacy, I’m very interested and open to sharing my own stories, it’s what I’ve always done. I’ve written many stories and characters sharing my own stories. I’ve dealt with a lot of traumas so I’ve always felt that I would be a good healer in a way, good to help others deal with their traumas.

waybread

Then isn't that what you should do? Get a graduate degree in counseling?

I sometimes find that when I'm off the mark, people then come up with what they would actually like to be doing. While it's a little rough on my astro-ego, the main thing is for you to get more clarity.

Children come in a lot of different packages. As do adults interacting with children. My daughter, for example, is an elementary school teacher, but does not want to have children of her own. Possibly if your own childhood memories were difficult, you don't view childhood as an experience you'd like to re-engage with.

You do have a few stressors in your chart. People with sun opposite Pluto, for example, typically had a dysfunctional relationship with their father (or father figure.) Saturn conjunct sun can be awfully hard on one's self-esteem. Uranus in the 4th can indicate a lot of turmoil in your childhood home; but with Uranus trine sun, these experiences probably made you a stronger person.

It is hard for aspiring authors to make a living through writing, but there are ways to explore writing as a potential career: creative writing classes and workshops, a writer's group (many these days are on-line,) entering competitions for young writers, and just seeking out editorial feedback. Then it is possible with credentials in English, to teach adults. I think the main personal criterion for an aspiring author would be the ability to learn from criticism and to bounce back after it.