Please help me understand my yod?

saren

Hi everyone, i am new here. I have attached my chart. My question is about a yod (isocelses triangle) i have showing on my chart, it's 2 quinquxes adjoining a sextile.

natal chiron in taurus, 4th house quinquxes both neptune in sag, 11th house and pluto in libra, 9th house, as well neptune and pluto form a sextile. It's a yod right ?

Can you explain what this means psychologically? Thank you

Attachments

• transitchart.jpg
    transitchart.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 41

tr1nity

Hi, there's no Yod that I can see in your chart. There's a talent triangle involving Mars, Jupiter -focus on Saturn - focus - Neptune.

Quote " A "Yod" is a triangular pattern in an astrology chart, which consists of 3 connecting points. It is an isosceles triangle with two long equal sides and a short side. The triangle has two 150 degree angles (quincunx) and one 60 degree angle (sextile). The triangle is pointing directly at something, which astrologers refer to as "The Finger of God," because it is a direct indicator giving the chart-holder a clue. The "yod" or "yud" is named for the 10th letter of the Hebrew alphabet which means, "Finger of Yahweh" end quote
Hope that helps.
best regards
tr1nity

Krewster

Right, a Yod needs a participating personal planet to become interesting, in most members' views I'd wager.

Wondering what orbs were used for the mentioned talent triangle...? (I'm seeing Mars quintile Merc and back to the Moon in a talent triangle; and Sat quintile Nept as a stray aspect, but what else...?).

wilsontc

Staff member
Boomerang, to saren

saren,

You asked:
Hi everyone, i am new here. I have attached my chart. My question is about a yod (isocelses triangle) i have showing on my chart, it's 2 quinquxes adjoining a sextile...It's a yod right ?

Actually, since there is an opposition to the Yod it's a "Boomerang" in which the energy of the Yod "boomerang's" into :uranus: (Uranus, friends (also rebellion) ), suggesting you have a strong need to create social change and to rebel against existing structures.

See Boomerang lower on the page:
http://astrologyking.com/yod/

Boomeranging,

Tim

Last edited:

StillOne

Typically the asteroid Chiron is not used in aspect patterns. However, some do include it. I've never seen a definition of one. R4aven, a past member here who studied Chiron extensively said she used Chiron in Yods only if they were at the Apex, like yours.

tr1nity

Right, a Yod needs a participating personal planet to become interesting, in most members' views I'd wager.

Wondering what orbs were used for the mentioned talent triangle...? (I'm seeing Mars quintile Merc and back to the Moon in a talent triangle; and Sat quintile Nept as a stray aspect, but what else...?).

Hi, I see Mars Sextile Jupiter 3.42, Mars Sextile Saturn 1.07, Saturn quintile Neptune 0.51 they seem to make up the triangle...yes Mercury quintiles Mars at 0.18 but I don't see the Moon in the triangle...any ideas? thanks t

kimbermoon

With the Yod, frustration caused by inner conflict is the keyword for the inconjunct aspects; they represent imbalances within the psyche that we are often unaware of, and thus create tension or friction in the outer world; until we recognize the source of such imbalances we end up frustrated, irritated or annoyed that we continue to confront similar problems that seem to have no source. In order to gain the benefit of the sextile aspect we must first come to terms with these internalized imbalances. Chiron is about the need for inner healing of some aspect of the self that often keeps us crippled until such time as we understand what the original 'psychological wounding' was. In the 4th House this means that you are prone to misunderstandings or confusion stemming from your early conditioning; In Taurus, this relates to your feelings [and beliefs] about money and security, with Neptune being the ruler of your 2nd House. Perhaps in childhood you experienced hardship, and picked up on the stress of that from your parents, leaving you with a strong sense of insecurity; perhaps your parents emphasized the need for money as being the only source of fulfillment and happiness; or conversely, as in my case,my parents often said that 'money is the root of all evil'. Whatever your parents felt about the need for money was imprinted in your innocent psyche, which later serves as your own beliefs about money. The theme could also be about 'stability and security' affecting what you feel you need to feel secure now. Natal Moon square Saturn also fits with this theme, denoting childhood hardships that adversely affect us psychologically.
Perhaps as an adult you now struggle with accepting the values that were instilled in you by your parents, and this may cause disruption in your life as you try to sort things out. A full analysis of your Yod would take more time to assess, as the implications can be highly variable for each individual. It is interesting that Pluto rules your MC and Neptune rules your 2nd, further reinforcing this theme about the value of money. Typically I would not consider this Yod to be significant, since the apex is not a planet, but I also notice that both Neptune and Pluto form quintiles in the chart which have been recently discussed in the forum. Generally a Yod configuration demands that we pay attention to the negative aspects involved, which are often working at the level of the psyche, and not consciously recognized at the conscious level. These inner tensions and frustrations must eventually be acknowledged on the conscious level, in order to feel the benefit of the original sextile. Is any of this ringing any bells for you?

saren

thanks kim and everyone for your input it was helpful and yes my parents did and are still sort of pressuring me about money telling me all the time i have to work for a living instead of more alternative approach which i prefer

Kernowerno

With the Yod, frustration caused by inner conflict is the keyword for the inconjunct aspects; they represent imbalances within the psyche that we are often unaware of, and thus create tension or friction in the outer world; until we recognize the source of such imbalances we end up frustrated, irritated or annoyed that we continue to confront similar problems that seem to have no source. In order to gain the benefit of the sextile aspect we must first come to terms with these internalized imbalances. Chiron is about the need for inner healing of some aspect of the self that often keeps us crippled until such time as we understand what the original 'psychological wounding' was. In the 4th House this means that you are prone to misunderstandings or confusion stemming from your early conditioning; In Taurus, this relates to your feelings [and beliefs] about money and security, with Neptune being the ruler of your 2nd House. Perhaps in childhood you experienced hardship, and picked up on the stress of that from your parents, leaving you with a strong sense of insecurity; perhaps your parents emphasized the need for money as being the only source of fulfillment and happiness; or conversely, as in my case,my parents often said that 'money is the root of all evil'. Whatever your parents felt about the need for money was imprinted in your innocent psyche, which later serves as your own beliefs about money. The theme could also be about 'stability and security' affecting what you feel you need to feel secure now. Natal Moon square Saturn also fits with this theme, denoting childhood hardships that adversely affect us psychologically.
Perhaps as an adult you now struggle with accepting the values that were instilled in you by your parents, and this may cause disruption in your life as you try to sort things out. A full analysis of your Yod would take more time to assess, as the implications can be highly variable for each individual. It is interesting that Pluto rules your MC and Neptune rules your 2nd, further reinforcing this theme about the value of money. Typically I would not consider this Yod to be significant, since the apex is not a planet, but I also notice that both Neptune and Pluto form quintiles in the chart which have been recently discussed in the forum. Generally a Yod configuration demands that we pay attention to the negative aspects involved, which are often working at the level of the psyche, and not consciously recognized at the conscious level. These inner tensions and frustrations must eventually be acknowledged on the conscious level, in order to feel the benefit of the original sextile. Is any of this ringing any bells for you?

Excellent post Kimbermoon. Being the owner of a double Yod with :neptune: :conjunct: :moon: in :scorpio: apex, I'm grateful for your insight and will be studying it properly. I'm a little surprised by others dismissing the Yod in this case as insignificant because it doesn't involve a planet. My thoughts would be that any yod (probably even involving midpoints) is worth looking at. Intuitively I feel that energy is extremely fluid and nebulous, and the interplay between any energies is worth noting, though with minor points and asteroids involved, much tighter orbs might be more appropriate. Thanks again

kimbermoon

Further then we would consider how this early imprinting about stability and security would play out for you: Neptune in the 11th: relating to friends, colleagues or group affiliations; Neptune creating the potential for illusion, deception, betrayal or dissipation. Pluto in the 9th; dealing with travel, education or philosophy; Pluto being a transformative energy leading to personal understanding and depth.
Any thoughts on that?

saren

well big groups and lots of freinds has always been a sensitive area for me its not really my strength or skill to be with a crowd and i often to feel betrayed by groups of people although 1-1 relations are smoother for me. On the other hand i am quite intense and investigative in the realm of mind expansion and higher learning, also my approach to travel is quite intense

Krewster

Boomerang: relying on Chiron to play a major role in a config is one thing but I personally wouldn’t take the further step of accepting its opposition’s normally allowable huge orb when such orb causes the other end of that config to get way out of alignment (i.e., the head of Saren’s “boomerang” is not formed bec Uran is more than 3-ish degrees loose orbed away from the midpoint of the Nept 60 Pluto on which such config classicly relies). Accepting that one wouldn’t allow such 3-ish degree loose orb for a 12-denominatored aspect, the config becomes an asymmetrial boomerage (aka skinny Kite) composed at the head of a 34 min orb semi-septile – a 60 – and a 9 min orb undecile). In short, I don’t know what a classic boomerang means (beyond being a skinny Kite) but I do know how effective is the pair of semi-sextiles, if tight orbed, upon which such meaning surely should rely.
Talent Triangle: (wish there was more dialoguing like this...). To sew up that triangle as a talent triangle I guess you need a talent aspect from Mars to Nept. But that’s impossible mathematically because 5/10 denominated aspects don’t add-up with 6 denominatored aspects to accommodate other talent aspects (though the former do so add-up exactly with squares and oppos and such). So, as an illustration, the Mars-Nept aspect necessary to sew up your described triangle is displayed on my home recast as a very loose (53 min) quadra-undecile.
The talent (aka 5/10 denominatored) triangle I had in mind is the Moon-Mars-Merc 36-108-72).
Saren’s mention of investigative oriented seems well indicated by Merc/Pluto and his higher-learning inclinations by the above mentioned talent triangle; and adversity to crowds maybe by the Sun semi-sep Pluto or, if not, then Mars undecile family to Nept perhaps?
(horrible the way this system so often strips my Word-composed formatting out to create the above mess...sorry....!

Last edited:

Poupoupidou

(...) natal chiron in taurus, 4th house quinquxes both neptune in sag, 11th house and pluto in libra, 9th house, as well neptune and pluto form a sextile. It's a yod right ?

Can you explain what this means psychologically? (...)

Yes, it is a Yod. Chiron in the 4th house suggests that one lacks the kind of nurturing he is giving to others to feel at home with himself. Neptune in the 11th house suggest he should open and connect to groups and networks to trigger a self-realization process. Pluto in the 9th is about radical transformation of philosophies or dogmas.

This yod suggests one has to integrate and to accept that charity starts at home.

Last edited: