Transiting Saturn conjunct Pluto in 9th house

Katrina

Hi, Can anyone give some insight as to what might be happening with
the above transit as added to this is transiting Chiron opposite the Saturn on Pluto in Leo in 9th house.
This person has been doing some deep soul searching and wants to be
involved with healing with massage (no formal training). :?:

Thank you

Frisiangal

Hi,
I am also undergoing this transit, in different houses. I can only say that I am becoming more and more aware that an era is passing and there are personal attitudes as well as issues that must finally be laid to rest in order to move on.
I have experienced Pluto in Leo as the indivualism (or identity) crisis. But as Pluto also annihilates to transform, I assume this to mean that Leo's personal individualism is also to be annihilated and transformed 'for the sake of evolution of the species', which would concur with the Age of Aquarius civilisation is entering. So, the Pluto in Leo's have been on this wonderful journey of Self discovery, only to experience later that who they have become is not necessarily important for and to themselves but what they, as this transformed person, can do with it. As old enforced attitudes die a natural death, transiting Saturn can give structure and form to the creative side of the regenerated individual.
What I have seen from Chiron aspects is that it works therapeutically as a result of one's own experiences of incurred pain. E.g. the alcoholist becomes the organizer of an AA meeting place, the battered wife starts a shelter, etc.etc. In opposition to natal Pluto a sort of 'suicide' must take place as a part of one's nature chooses death rather than eternal suffering, E.g. "I am not going to live like/take this anymore." In Aquarius one must free one's mind from the chains of pain of 3rd house issues that have now become outdated and have no influence over the future.

Saturn-Chiron to Pluto in Leo can lead to a new voyage of self discovery.

F.

Katrina

Thank you for your reply Frisiangal. This person has certainly gone through
an identity crisis with losing his job, but has also resulted in continuing with
his creative area of writing and soul searching. Do you see health related
issues with this particular transit?

Katrina

Frisiangal

Katrina said:
Do you see health related issues with this particular transit?

Katrina

The 9th house is considered the house of 'aspects of health', as opposed to the 6th house of 'complaints that can become physical', whilst an afflicted planet in the 1st house can be indicative of a predispostion towards a physical complaint if the energy is not used as it should be.
A harsh transit through the 9th house could act as a warning signal regarding health issues, and tr. Saturn to natal Pluto could warn against the possibility of a health disorder if one is unable to accept a situation as being over and belonging to the past. There's a lot of personal pride, honour and loyalty attached to Leo. If your subject has always expressed this, yet still lost his job, possibly through no fault of his own, and with possible age creeping on making the possibility of a new position difficult to attain, his Leonian pride, honour and loyalty, expressing joy of life (9th house) and having control over it (Pluto), may have been crushed by circumstances (tr, Saturn) that were beyond (9th house) and over which he had no personal control (natal Pluto). The opposition from tr. Chiron can make this feel quite painful, especially if the subject thinks of himself as a scapegoat of reorganization, for instance. The 9th house includes 'social and welfare services' that can be another pride crusher in having to accept their imposed norms.
It shoudn't be forgotten that the 3rd and 9th houses are, however, square to the 6th house. So, what goes on in them can (but not necessarily) have an effect on one's physical condition if a planet in the 6th house OR the ruler of the 6th house is afflicted in some way by a harsh natal or transiting aspect. The 6th house is also the house of self-service by 'working on yourself', and if your subject does so, there is no cause for concern of a physical health issue.

F.

Katrina

Again thank you for your insights. With his Saturn conjunct Pluto in 9th opposing Chiron in 3rd and transiting Mars in 8th conjuncting Saturn and
Mercury conjuncting Chiron in Gemini in 7th - right now this person appears
to be going through some confusion as to where he is going, and there is
so much confusion in dialogue with him - like he is on a roller coaster changing with the winds and plunging head on into almost self destruct kinds
of behavior and surfacing now and then to reality. Hope this is not something
you are going through. This Gemini turned sixty yesterday. Do you see any
lull after this storm?

Katrina

Frisiangal

Would you be willing to provide birth data? It makes it easier to see the whole picture and might hopefully also encourage others to express their thoughts.

F.

Lorielle

Saturn is making it's way toward my Natal Pluto/North Node/Vertex conjunction in the 7th house. Right now it is on my Natal Moon. Talk about a depressing feeling... I'd be interested in seeing what I have to look forward to. Although, Saturn usually isn't so hard on me, more of a wake up call... :) It's Jupiter, in all her benevolence that wreaks havoc on me from time to time.

Frisiangal

Katrina said:
With his Saturn conjunct Pluto in 9th opposing Chiron in 3rd and transiting Mars in 8th conjuncting Saturn and
Mercury conjuncting Chiron in Gemini in 7th - right now this person appears
to be going through some confusion as to where he is going, and there is
so much confusion in dialogue with him - like he is on a roller coaster changing with the winds and plunging head on into almost self destruct kinds
of behavior and surfacing now and then to reality. Hope this is not something
you are going through. This Gemini turned sixty yesterday. Do you see any
lull after this storm?

Katrina

Hi again,
For the data you provided, Astro.com gave an Ascendant in Scorpio, M.C. in Virgo.
The subject has a Moon- Chiron-Jupiter T-square with an 8th house Saturn in Cancer at the apex. This would suggest a tendancy towards emotional (manic) depression anyway if the moon in Aries needs are not met. With Venus also in the 8th house and ruler of the 6th house, his personal value/worth is pertinent to his physical condition.

His self destruct, roller-coaster mode could be a result of sec. progressed Moon transiting the 8th house in Gemini. It's been opposing transiting Pluto for many months. He feels deeply hurt and his mind cannot deal with changes until he consciously understands the reasons for them. Transiting Pluto is going to inconjunct his natal Mercury in Taurus. This can add an extra strain upon him unless he releases his stubborness of thought and/or recognises the facts of his situation for what they are. Sometimes a person is powerless against the greater forces beyond one's personal control.
His progr. Sun has settled into the 9th house (Placidus) in Leo. It makes no harsh aspects for many years but it has been under the influence of transiting Saturn. Simply said, consideration of his long-term health would not be amiss. I personally think this is strengthened by the fact that the progressed 6th-12th house axis is applying conjunct his nodal axis. A Gemini Sun friend has the same house cusps as your subject, with the nodal axis in the same signs/house. His greatest dilemma was understanding that his talent was not meant to improve his personal and financial value/worth but his knowledge be passed on to others so that he would be valued as a person by them. It even meant coming down a step or two and relating to people on an everyday level. As mentioned before, the 6th house is also the house of self-service. It's merely a question of your subject helping himself.

Transiting Neptune is forming a long-term grand trine from the third house to his natal Jupiter-Uranus trine, after opposing his natal Mars. His interest in alternative healing/massage is a good way to work with the Gemini-ruled hands. With progressed Mercury in the 9th house in Leo approaching the natal Mars-Uranus sextile, taking up a study would be an excellent way to use this energy to his advantage, as a balance for the square from progressed MC-I.C. in the 12th-6th house. Feeling and being useless may make him his own worst enemy.

Hopefully he will begin to show an improvement once transiting Jupiter moves out of the square to Mars-Pluto ( a bit paranoid?) and crosses the Ascendant. Professional help might be worth considering.

I've kept this reply to the health issues and wish him well for the future..

F.

Katrina

Again thank you Friangal for the in depth look at this Gemini's chart. Interesting about the sec. prog. moon trans. 8th house for several mos. as this really reflects his seemingly inability to get on with his life. His health issues are a smoker's cough and inability to break the habit. Hopefully things
will turn around for him.
(I did reply earlier to your response, but somehow it did not go through)
Thank you.