When Will He Propose

LillyLane

I am asking when will my boyfriend propose? We have been in a long distance relationship for about a year. We both have talked about never wanting to grow up (kidding around), but at the same time are both at age 40 and have also talked about having kids at some point. He has brought up pre nups....and well we have not discussed many details about the future.

The way I interpert the chart is venus is the common link....venus could be the discussion, venus could be love? a ring? something that links us together...This could be the pre nup....or the discussion? Is it a baby? I doubt it, I am extra careful with birth control.. So that is venus...

Next :Moon opposed saturn 10th/4th

moon right on MC Well, that is major....That is suggesting a big change and SOON and could that be my job? I am in the midst of a job crisis. I am working as a teacher and know in his state there is a teacher shortage. I am looking to get full time employment so maybe that is possible? But either way he is also looking to move to a bigger apartment and that is also a possible part of the proposal? the opposition would mean me leaving my parents...

so the sun is represented by leo my charts 12th house ruler and that could be a surprise? or a man? Not sure what is getting in between me and venus and my man? is this his father and step mother? Who or what is in the picture...

The next event comes in 20 days, My 39th birthday. I will fly down to visit h his parents and he is flying in to visit them too. This is a major event as his parents invited me back in December and we were not sure it would work out. I am the first girlfriend that has ever been this close to his family.

I hope this background info has given you some insight into the dynamic of the chart. In our lives we both work a lot and hard. I am in NY and he is in LA. So, does it look like a proposal is in the works? Or is it possible I move or change jobs and that may help get the ball rolling....

From the chart...I think it is the latter of the two....as he is not showing any outward type of grandiose affection if you know what I mean...

Attachments

• astro_2gw_2719_when_will_he_propose.70087.15360.jpg
    astro_2gw_2719_when_will_he_propose.70087.15360.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 78

tikana

that moon is void moon going to venus MIGHT be it but agrh way too sketchy.. ask Tsmall
i cant figure out the significance of merc/sun and jupiter/venus

jupiter sitting in 12th while about to go direct almost promising

too many problems with this one.

Kitchy

Banned
Moon is on 10th cusp - essentially in 10th of your chart - showing you want that status of engagment. However it's in his 4th house - and not at all in sync with his ruler Jupiter in your 12th - I don't see an engagement.

Saturn is in your 4th - end of matter and Mars is bringing up the rear to make it harder.

A year relationship at a distance - ? - how much time in person, with friends and family have you two spent together? Of course his parents want you back - they want to see their son married at 40 and provide grandchildren - but but look at their 1st (your 10th) , (his 4th) and Pluto at their house of hopes and aspirations your 11th - his 5th.

All of Moon's aspects are bad and have already aspected his ruler Jupiter by square and in your 12th house of what's unknown - and no helpers in 12th and has passed Saturn in/on your 4th.

I don't see a valid proposal, but with Mercury, I see a lot of talk and thinking about it.

Ultimately - Neptune in his 12th - your 6th - 'the job' thing - STAY AWAY FROM THAT MOVE!!!

This fella - Peter Pan, maybe - doesn't know what he wants - symbolized by Neptune in his 12th and opposing Jupiter in your 12th. He won't sweat the let down as you will.

However - on your pending trip to that town - Moon approaching Uranus from your 10th to your 8th - someone will offer you a surprise job-money-gift opportunity that will work out for you, but don't expect an honest proposal from your guy. It looks like you'll get a job offer close to home, or at least some type of 'sponsor' for an opportunity at home that Saturn will find stabilizing.

Last edited:

LillyLane

Thanks for the replies.

Well he is still in my rulership, and yes there has been many obstacles due to the distance and his mothers passing. Saturn in the 4th is an issue. I live with my parents and they do not want me to move. I think moon on the MC is going to bring change. But I am not skilled at horary reading to deciefer these aspects. So, I appreciate the input.

I am mercury and natal is a gemini sun. But I am scared to talk to him about marriage, I want it- but it is serious and he has always been the one to bring it up. He jokes about marriage too, but in the end it never seems to go anywhere probably cause I am scared I will be too pushy....

He has introduced me to everyone of his close friends, we are always socializing and he and I were spending everyday together as his mom died last fall. So, He put our christmas photo on his screen saver, which was cute. However, I do wonder about him somedays as he still has a bit of a playboy attitude. So, I have a bit of a fear about how to proceed. He is 42 so he is a little bit more set in his bachelor ways....

LillyLane

Just another side note, about saturn in the 4th. and Moon in the 10th. So, last time I had visited in in LA. he told me he really wanted a bigger apartment. I was asking questions about where would you like to live, as he knows I need to move to. So we were just like talking about it- and in the past he showed me an apt with a pool he said he was thinking about. He knows I LOVE pools....and I stayed quiet. So, I have been very cool about the whole issue and never talk about this. I just tell him, I need to move out of my parents place. We just never say or suggest hey lets move in together. He made a comment like maybe it is just not ment to be that he moves....maybe he is waiting for me to make a move?

AS for saturn, I am a certified teacher working maternity leaves. I just picked up a contract for one recently. It was a surprise. It has been pure hell. I am in a pre k dealing with a very difficult child in crisis. However, the only place I work is at this one district and I worry they won't give me another contract. I know there is another opportunity coming up in the fall. So, I was thinking I stay for one more contract then save money and move during the winter...but again wishful thinking. Maybe after my birthday trip with him, I will ask another horary about if he will propose or maybe if I will move in with him. To me- the energy is sufficient for a future.

Kitchy

Banned
Lilly - free will always trumps horary.

Vivir y Amar y Aprender - live love and learn.

If you want to leave home for a playboy and a pool and a teaching job in L.A. - you should speak spanish and have a very sexy bikini in your arsenal. As I said - you might get an offer for something better, but he won't be it.

signing out -

LillyLane

I love it! Si, estoy aprendiendo espanol! Also, you are so right on the money about a sexy bikini.....: )

I can not imagine something better coming my way, then him. But...with transiting uranus conjuncting my natal mars/venus conjuction in my 2nd house...which rules my 9th,10th,3rd/4th houses....anything is possible. And I agree about free will.....but before I leave NY. I want a proposal....or a promise ring of somesort...something to signify we are going to have a future together....

Thank you, I will update.

tsmall

Premium Member
Lilly, I agree with Kitchy. Your question, "when will he propose?" presumes that he is going to. A competent astrologer has to boil that down to "will he propose" which further reduces to "is this relationship going to last?"

Kitchy uses different techniques than I do, and I she, but VERY often we get the same answer, maybe with a bit more detail one way or the other. Here's the thing. If we look at the chart we aren't going to dive into when will he propose. We have to figure out IF the relationship is going anywhere. And it's not. Quite likely, you will be the one to change your mind about it. The meat: Mercury applying trine to Jupiter, both retrograde. BUT Jupiter is stationing direct, and Mercury will move direct before the aspect perfects. The thing that almost but never actually happened. Also, like Tik mentioned, the Moon is seriously void. Angular, sure, but in Gemini (Moon's natural 12th) is debilitated, and just past the opposition to Saturn, she's carrying that negative energy for the rest of her time in Gemini.

With an angular, debilitated Moon, the opposition with a retrograde Saturn makes Moon feel like she has to DO something, anything, but by forming no aspects until she gets to her own domicile...this chart is going nowhere very slowly.

Maybe after my birthday trip with him, I will ask another horary about if he will propose or maybe if I will move in with him. To me- the energy is sufficient for a future.

There is no need to make another horary. This one has all the answers you need.

p.s. Kitchy, have you read "The Search of the Heart?" I haven't (it's on my list), but I ask because for someone who I don't think has read Masha'Allah "On interpretation of the cognition," you do a bang up job of interpreting the cognition. :love:

LillyLane

ok I see what you mean, you mean refraction....but wouldn't venus translate the light as it is strong in its own sign??? and if venus is getting to jupiter would that be his 3rd/my 9th my 2nd his 8th.....so what could that be....distance?

tsmall

Premium Member
No, sweets. I know it's hard to hear, but you have three horary <experts> telling you he isn't going to propose, a marriage isn't going to happen..

But, in the grand scheme of things, you really do need to just go out and live your life. Follow this rainbow to it's end. It's my thought that you need to. "That which does not kill us..."

LillyLane

Just a quick update:

So, I went to stay with him and his parents for my birthday weekend. We both flew a distance to visit his parents and celebrate my birthday. It was very nice. We had 2 big arguments, I threatened to break it off. He apologized and became sensitive to what I said. We worked it out. We are talking more...and still no discussion about the future...but we are communicating a lot more. I have a job interview soon....so maybe I will stay put where I am.

rafaella

Just a quick update:

So, I went to stay with him and his parents for my birthday weekend. We both flew a distance to visit his parents and celebrate my birthday. It was very nice. We had 2 big arguments, I threatened to break it off. He apologized and became sensitive to what I said. We worked it out. We are talking more...and still no discussion about the future...but we are communicating a lot more. I have a job interview soon....so maybe I will stay put where I am.

Here's a thought: you propose! If he says no, you can move on with your life. If he says he needs more time to think then give him a month to think or so. At least you will have your answer.

You need to have a good serious talk about this with him without any jokes, you are 39 and he is 42. Its time to say what you want and ask him what he wants, you can work it out. Part of marriage is in Cancer, Moon is the dispositor and look how angular it is. Will he propose, no he won't so, maybe you should, either do it or let the relationship continue as it is. But the trio in Taurus exalt Moon and all trine the ASC, and there is mutual reception between Moon and Mercury. I'm liking this.

Best wishes!

LillyLane

Thank you Rafealla!

The relationship has a lot more communication now. This is making me happy. He is making an effort and it really makes a difference. We are 3,000 miles apart but we keep in touch every 3 hours or so. He initiates the contact. We are just starting to talk more on the phone- which was lacking.

Just now, I may have a perm. job offer and may stay here for a year. That would put any plans on hold for a year to be living together. But we never talked about me moving out there...the thought was there but never discussed.

I doubt I will propose marriage to him, but I def. will tell him at 39- I really want to get married. I agree a serious talk is coming as our relationship at both our ages and for me to have children is something I really want.

It is possible for me to tell him- my desires. I really want the relationship to progress. I believe he does too- by the way he changes his behavior based on what I say. He shows me he loves me- wish he would be able to say these things....when we had a talk when I was there he said when the time is right....and said he would tell me and open up more at another time. So, I am just getting him to feel more comfortable with me. At the same time trying to make a life for myself....and see if he wants a life for us together. I know...I do.

LillyLane

quick update. We are still in a long distance relationship. Although strained at the moment...due to external issues. He said we need to talk about the relationship and so we talked and he said now we need to think about things. I already know how I feel....but due to other issues- am reviewing things and contemplating if this is for me....as I would have to move. We are going to continue this serious talk in a couple days.

LillyLane

Moon is on 10th cusp - essentially in 10th of your chart - showing you want that status of engagment. However it's in his 4th house - and not at all in sync with his ruler Jupiter in your 12th - I don't see an engagement.

Saturn is in your 4th - end of matter and Mars is bringing up the rear to make it harder.

A year relationship at a distance - ? - how much time in person, with friends and family have you two spent together? Of course his parents want you back - they want to see their son married at 40 and provide grandchildren - but but look at their 1st (your 10th) , (his 4th) and Pluto at their house of hopes and aspirations your 11th - his 5th.

All of Moon's aspects are bad and have already aspected his ruler Jupiter by square and in your 12th house of what's unknown - and no helpers in 12th and has passed Saturn in/on your 4th.

I don't see a valid proposal, but with Mercury, I see a lot of talk and thinking about it.

Ultimately - Neptune in his 12th - your 6th - 'the job' thing - STAY AWAY FROM THAT MOVE!!!

This fella - Peter Pan, maybe - doesn't know what he wants - symbolized by Neptune in his 12th and opposing Jupiter in your 12th. He won't sweat the let down as you will.

However - on your pending trip to that town - Moon approaching Uranus from your 10th to your 8th - someone will offer you a surprise job-money-gift opportunity that will work out for you, but don't expect an honest proposal from your guy. It looks like you'll get a job offer close to home, or at least some type of 'sponsor' for an opportunity at home that Saturn will find stabilizing.

Yep! Got a surprise Job to keep me home. My boyfriend and I are talking about the future but with much consideration.....he told me he is scared.

Kitchy

Banned
Lilly - thanks for following up with us and I encourage you to keep us posted on how this ultimately turns out. It's one of the most important points of horary ~ to hear what the outcomes are for learning purposes of all avid horary readers. Congrats on your job offer!