Old flame wants to be friends

ScorpAsc5

Him and I had this chat yesterday evening. I have attached the horary. I see a late ASC in the chart so possibly not worth asking, sorry.

If you see my 2014-2015 posts, I was crazy for a guy, he had 0 interest in me and we both stepped away from each other completely. Due to the virus scare, we had a chat yesterday about safety and he proposed to be friends. I was little shocked as he know how bat **** crazy I was for him in the past and I resisted. It's all changed now. I have 0 interest in him, even as friends. He has a girl and I am in love with someone. I told him I will think about it and will let him know in few weeks (he said he will wait for my text and gave me his number without asking). He said he wants to give it another shot being friends. I think I am going to say No to it. But then he was too much friendly with me and was trying to make me comfortable, no hard feelings. Hence it made me to ask, why does my old flame want to be friends? I hope there is no hidden agenda from him. Also, we do not have mutual friends so it would be 1:1 friendship which I would like to avoid with opposite sex.

Chart - I am Mercury in 10th house under Pis(Jupiter). 7H lord is also Jupiter but I should be taking old flame as 11H right? Friends? I am in love with someone and he should be the 7H lord. 11H lord is Mars sitting in my 8th house, so is his hidden agenda attraction? I see Moon in 1st house but do not know how to signify it. Can't really figure out his goal here. I hope to find help here. Thank you!

Last edited:

Chrysalis

These current transits seem to be bringing a few ex's back out of the woodworks. My sister just told me today that one of her exes has out of the blue messaged her today on snap chat.

As for if your ex is being genuine, then yes he is. Jupiter is in good aspect to venus, moons angular, dignified and conjunct NN, also moons last aspect was to mercury which mercury receives. There is nothing here to suggest he has any hidden agenda, he just wants to genuinely be friends.

I think in times like this people do think about people from their past and wonder about them and how they are etc, and maybe even want to make amends.

ScorpAsc5

Thank you Chrysalis! Yes so true, lot of people from past are contacting in this time of pandemic, to amend or restart what was left behind. But a question, why would he be termed as an ex? We were never in a relationship. I chased him for years basically having a one sided clouded mind about feelings for him. I am grateful that he forgave me for lot of unethical things I did in the past :(

Also I am reluctant about 1:1 friendship... I am glad we did not find any hidden objective and he is offering a clean friendship to me.. (I know him since 2011) My mind is just trying to have secure future if I agree to have openness to him.

Hope you are doing good. Thanks!

Chrysalis

My apologies I thought you were referring to him as an ex, someone you actually had something with in the past. But after reading your post more diligently, even though it was a one-sided attraction from your end, the significators still stay the same, he would still be L7/Jupiter, so the reading still stands.

To also add to what I've said, Venus is the planet of reconciliation, as Venus is dignified and Jupiter is still trine venus, it's all good, he's genuine.

With the next moon aspect being a square to sun, which sits in the 11th, I don't think you will accept his offer. But going on your past situation with him this is understandable.

I'm doing okay, thank you, I hope you are too.

ScorpAsc5

Doing well thank you!

Okay he is L7. I have not decided yet, but the reading here makes me feel I could go for it too. I will write my final decision here in few weeks.

ScorpAsc5

Hi hope everyone is staying well.

I decided to be his friend on last Thursday and we had a chat over the weekend.

As a discussion, him and I decided to be friends as we ended up on a bad note 5 years ago and life is too short to not have another chance. He talked to me well, still not smooth but it was okay as a starter. He actually sounds low as comparison to how he was enthusiastic years ago. I hope I won't regret this decision. We have not shared any major information about each other yet. Well thank you so much for helping me to see his intentions and I hope we will have a good friendship :) Thank you!!