sexual sadism

Frisiangal

'Sadism' is a word associated with the Marquis de Sade, who is renowned for his indulgance in verbal and physical sexual perversity.
Some hints regarding a planetary configuration for sadism might be found in his chart; 2nd June 1740. The A.W. archives offer a suggested birth time of 5 p.m., Paris, France.

F.

Arian Maverick

'Sadism' is a word associated with the Marquis de Sade, who is renowned for his indulgance in verbal and physical sexual perversity.
Some hints regarding a planetary configuration for sadism might be found in his chart; 2nd June 1740. The A.W. archives offer a suggested birth time of 5 p.m., Paris, France.

F.

Thank you for this interesting tidbit of information! :)

I have uploaded the Marquis' natal chart below:

Arian Maverick

Francesca

Interesting,Mav. Look at the grand trine in earth. ANd sun and Chiron in the house of obsession and control. But was he so much the sadist as the masochist? I never read much of his stuff. What do you see in this chart?

Rubella

Wow,

That is one heavily aspected map... so many configurations... the Yod, a kite, grand trine... this should be a case study map.

I really like it :)

Arian Maverick

Two planets commonly associated with sex, Pluto and Mars, are located in the signs of their natural rulership. If this approximate birth time is accurate, there is also a heavy eighth house emphasis.

It is a shame that the Marquis chose to use his powerful energies in such a self-satisfying matter...

Arian Maverick

Frisiangal

Arian Maverick: Thank you for this interesting tidbit of information! :)

As one of my dear Virgo Sun friends once remarked when I beat her at Trivial Pursuit by knowing who the role model for Tinker Bell was in the cartoon movie, as well as the secret word used by Captain Marvel,

"You have a mind full of useless information!"

And I wasn't into astrology at the time.:D

F.

I take it his chart has been corrected to take into account calendar changes.

I haven't read others' comments but yeah, he's certainly into sex isn't he? Look at all that stuff in the 8th and someone mentioned, chiron is there too, conj sun - so it really does reflect on his reputation and who he is. Plus Neptune is there too - gives it a watery out of space feel and NN. Plus 8th house cusp is gemini - experimentation and a need for variety. Retro Uranus sitting in opp to NN - some kinky stuff plus IC Aqu. Plus Mars in 6th - almost his service to have sex if you know what I mean.

Also pluto in the 12th (behind the asc, with asc in Sco)!

Francesca

Interesting,23. I guess he was the sadist. I recall now that masochism is named after someone named Masoch. Well, he certainly lived the most extreme version of his chart, didn't he. How in the world did he seduce a 13 yr old girl and keep her for 4 years as a fat old man? ah well, it takes all kinds.

Must be magnetic in a perverted way!

Also with Nep in 8th, he uses the pleasure-pain associated with this house to transcend.

I forgot to mention that his 8th house ruler, Merc widely conj his DC in Tau. Seeks someone who is into earthly pleasures and is experimental.

hi everyone, i'm new to this forum and wouldn't say i was very good at astrology yet, although i have been learning for a while.
i found this topic of sexual sadism interesting, and have struggled with my violent tendancies towards sex myself.
i have read many interpretations of my chart and there has been mention of this type of behaviour, however i am interested in your views on my chart and if they coinside with my possible repressed sexual energy?
i'm not sure how to post a link to my chart or a picture, so i shall post my details instead.
i hope this is not too much trouble for the fine people on this board and comments would be greatly appreciated.
thank you

apple shampoozie

born 26th january 1987
15:00 in wales

Frisiangal

appleshampoozie said:
i found this topic of sexual sadism interesting, and have struggled with my violent tendancies towards sex myself.
i have read many interpretations of my chart and there has been mention of this type of behaviour, however i am interested in your views on my chart and if they coinside with my possible repressed sexual energy?

Hi,
As you didn't provide a town, I took central Wales as a coordinate. It provides a mid-Cancer Ascendant, which would be the case in whichever part you were born. This also produces an 8th house Sun in Aquarius which, at this time, is questionable. It might just slide into the 7th house of relationships.
I study astrology from the viewpoint that inner psychological development creates outer events.

You share a similar configuration to Sade, in that both Mars and Pluto are in their own signs. They quincunx (150 degr.) each other, an aspect of strain and tension. You also have Sun leading in a square with Pluto, and Moon leading in a semi-square Pluto, indicative that the plutonian energy lies deep within you. You need to be or to feel that you are in control (ask yourself WHY?) but have difficulty directing it. You could be a victim as well as assailant of violent behaviour but the need for control arises for the same reason.

Aquarius is the sign that detaches itself from emotional bonding in order to gain its independence of spirit. It can sometimes have or go to extreme or bizarre tendancies in order to do so. Moon in Sagittarius conjunct Uranus, modern ruler Aquarius, is not concerned with feelings of emotion rather than separating from them in order to become more objective. This could be difficult if everything one undergoes has to pass through the window of Cancer Ascendant that experiences personal hurt and pain so easily. Better to turn off feeling altogether, Black Moon Lilith in Cancer in 12th opposing Neptune, using the opposite sex as a vehicle/image for sexual satisfaction and release rather than expression of one's deepest caring emotions. If you are female, you can probably take yourself out of yourself, enacting a role as if you are not physically participating. If you are male, you seek the total submission of the feminine.......possibly even in yourself;). Again, the question is WHY !

I get the strong feeling of 'estrangement' and 'separation' from family early in life. As you are still very young, have shown an interest in astrology, there must be someone within you that is seeking answers to your behavious pattern. You might find counselling in which you can talk about yourself, your views, other people's effects upon you that influence what's going on inside YOU, of great help. Natal Chiron is in Gemini opposing Venus-Saturn. You withhold the positive giving of TRUE love and affection for some reason known only to yourself. This could suggest an inner wound/ pain in being unable to relate to people on an everyday level. Unravelling the reason for it will be very constructive in channeling your energies in a fashion that suit your life's purpose and not your sexual tendancies.:D

F.

thank you for your reply frisiangal. just to fill in the blanks, i am female and born in porthcawl in wales (on south coast) so i think my aquarius sun is in the 8th house.

your response seemed quite on the ball. and i have been interested in astrology for a very long time in order to explain my odd behaviour, but i suppose im not getting anywhere with it. maybe counselling, as you suggested would be a good idea.
id love to go into great detail now to explain myself inorder to get a more detailed reponse. but i wouldn't expect anyone to reply so i won't.
[sorry, feeling a little weird today]

thanks again for your response F. was most helpful
appleshampoozie

pisceskitty

Goodness...

What a fascinating topic! I wonder if my former lover/friend/muse had these issues. he has Pluto/uranus/mars in Virgo in the 11th opp. Saturn in Pisces in the 5th[he has Chiron in Pisces in the 5th also] I have sun/venus/mercury all in Pisces in the 5th. I felt so overpowered by this man! He would reveal fantasies to me that were something else. Alot of them involved dominating women, punishing women, wanting to choke a woman while having sex etc....

Francesca

Appleshampoozie, great detail into sadistic/masochistic fantasies would probably be inappropriate for this forum (but great to a counselor!), however, disclosures about your life and experience are of interest to most astrology students, so feel free. Maybe someone can respond with something helpful. Good luck.

serafin5

Well now, talking about being sexually aflicted you might want to take a look at my chart. I've been prone to violent tendecys in the bedroom in the past(I'm working on it people, I'm working on it). I also have had some very sexually violent fantasys in the past when I was going through a perticularly rough relationship full of dominace and control issues. These fantasies were disturbing to me and very plutonic in nature.South Node 23 aries, Venus23 aries, Mars24 aries in 8th house opposing North Node 23 Libra, Moon 24 Libra in 2nd house, Pluto 11 degrees Libra 2nd house. A lot of karmic stuff in the 2nd 8th house. L

Wow!!! You're not kidding karmic issues here! It makes one wonder about your past lives, does it not?:innocent:

God bless
S5

actio

One person i know who has sadistic and degrading sexual fantasies has a stellium of Moon, Mars, and Saturn in Scoprio and all of this is in his 8th house. Pluto also in Scorpio but many degrees removed. He doesn't have an interest to "live" his fantasies though, not into BDMS or anything, just the regular bedroom stuff.

Another person also has Mars in 8th house, but Mars is in cancer, and I noticed lilllybelle said that his/her Mars is also in 8th. So may be Mars in 8th house is one clue.

Last edited:

moonstark

pretty sure a key aspect is a hard mars/saturn. also depends whether the 'sadist' is turned on by consensual sex (with a willing submissive/masochist) or actually seeks to victimize innocent people (sociopathic, really. probably involves uranus).