Sun Square saturn anxiety attacks.

IleneK

Premium Member
I think it is fair to say that challenging natal contacts from Saturn to Sun, Moon, Mercury are often associated with anxiety disorders.

greybeard

Hanzzo....
Sun square Saturn does not, of itself, show anxiety attacks.
It does show a tendency toward depression.
I have the aspect, Fixed Signs, 4 degrees applying, waning phase.
I am 71 years old, so we can use me to test "occur more frequently with age."

I have had one and only one anxiety attack in my life. It was directly caused by three weeks of intense and constant physical pain and nothing else.

And I might add that in my old age, depression no longer afflicts me. It was a lifelong affliction, and I didn't even know what it was. No medicine, ever. I learned how to deal with it and it went away.

As with all astrological indications, there must be an accumulation of evidence on which to base any judgment. A single isolated indicator of This or That is not sufficient.

Henry Weingarten told me, "If you see one indicator...maybe. If you see two indicators...probably. If you see three indicators...you can take it to the bank." Although I don't hold to that in a strict or literal sense, it's a pretty good way to say "you must find an accumulation of evidence on which to base any judgment." In court, the accused must be found guilty beyond reasonable doubt, or be found innocent. The evidence must weigh sufficiently against him, or he must be freed.

Last edited:

CafeMercury

I do not have that aspect but I've had anxiety/panic since my teens (though the panic has waned with time; I've mostly learned to manage it). My Virgo Sun has only one aspect, to the MC. My Pisces Saturn has no squares. However, it is 1/3 of a Grand Water Trine (with Jupiter and Neptune) and conjunct Chiron. I recently realized Neptune (in Scorpio) is the most-aspected planet in my chart and wondered whether it was a contributing factor, hence my search for the term "anxiety," which led me here. It certainly gifted me an active imagination, which is a double-edged sword: I can spin a great tale, but I can "what-if" myself into a tizzy! This is an interesting subject. Loved reading everyone's thoughts.

*emma*

Banned
I agree with grey...one aspect alone cant be a significator, and even if it was, there are Plenty of other types of planetary aspects that could denote the same, personal planets to any big planet. Anxiety and depression are very loose terms anyway for a multitude of mind and feeling sets which are not by definition invalid/problematic in themselves/unrequired. So, if we get anxious or depressed? Its not a bloody crime! Its a symptom or effect of something. Why not castigate angry people? Aggressive people? Mean people? people who abuse power etc IMO being anxious or depressed means you are seriously dealing with something which is not right, not YOU, but things around you, situations, people, society, world events etc, Bloody STRESS,and things which one hasnt the skill or experience to deal with to keep the balance of mind and emotional health and hppiness, of course sometimes it can be because you are disappointed with yourself for x y z reasons, but depression and anxiety are active reactions to problems, strange as that may sound, they are rebellious actions, I hope someone understands what I mean, because people are not happy being depressed! Its like being on strike and protesting LOL, depressives are not weak, they are brave IMO, people who think everyone can be seroxat happy and positive and highfiving all day every day are deluded and unrealistic

Having said that,ie that other chart elements can reflect this I do have a very wide applying square from my sun to saturn in capricorn and have suffered from mild to debilitating symptoms from time to time but never long lasting as I manage go figure a way to get out of it.

Each one of us has inner and outer resources to deal with things most of the time and any persons advice or pep talk or sharing may or may not help but

My last phase of it, I learned to shrug and not care about what my mind was constantly worrying and negatively fixating on, and not worrying about being good, good enough, right, dutiful, acceptable,successful, and all the labels that do not celebrate who we are, but to trust and respect my own thoughts and sort of become my own authority. Know what YOU really think about things and dont feel afraid to hold those thoughts or express them as they are as precious and valid as any one elses Also doing something about anything thatbothers you/ taking proactive action helps/ taking charge/control helps

There is no need to self torture and a lot of it comes from misguided notions of GUILT, a word and feeling that should be expunged from human existence for the damage it doea to people and we all know who has created this evil, the CHURCH

Removing alot of stimuli that bombard us in our frenzied fast pathetic world helps too. Meditating on what makes you feel anxious and why and if those anxieties are justified also. In my experience they were not justified but had a cause somewhere down the line and putting that to bed helps.

Also having one or a few simple goals each day and achieving them helps, again, in my experience, I find hesitating and putting things off creates anxiety. Tieing a few loose ends daily is relieving, ie finish or drop unfinished stuff before starting something new. DROPPING stuff is very powerful, stuff you dont need to do or worry about. You feel so much lighter and well after it. lastly never ever do anythng because you feel you have to only because you want to. my two cents.

Eta sun saturn are father male authority figures, might include religion, God, on mundane and personal level issues of ambition, status, developing integrity, honesty, hating the BS in life and others, getting a tough skin,so exploring this is valid and positive, all problems or rather challenges need to be addressed in life and balance affirming self respecting ways,some of the hardest aspects teach us the most magical of lessons,and we end up at peace and smiling...and with sun saturn havng RESPECT for ourselves and thereby for others in the process

An attack is normally a situation that triggers the most potent fear at the time or resurrects an old one a panic attack tells u you have not dealt with the issue/fear,it needs to be attacked to destroy it

**** I missed my calling, didnt make uni so never did my thesis hahaha! Peace, life is a relay race, you pass a baton someone picks it up and runs with it, whether you know it or not, god or whatever you want to call the loving intelligence that presides over existence, hang ON mightt just be HUMANS TOO, works in mysterious ways, i have had a glimpse to know the power, its a total support network of all good things, and its fast and is furious, no need for fear, just try make most of your life, love and be happy and just TRUST, cos its always gonna be ok

Last edited:

Cascada

Hello,

I nottest that every people i know who share this configuration in their natal chart, have anxiety/panic attacks.

anyone already notest the same thing?

I have social anxiety disorder, but I don't have this aspect. My Sun/Jupiter conjunction in third is actually trine my Saturn. I think my squares from Saturn to my Mercury/Pluto conjunction in the 4th causes my anxiety more :annoyed:

Last edited:

astroner

Yes, I agree it has to be Mercury more than Sun. I have Mercury square Saturn very tight (0 degrees) so it's exact.

I have social anxiety disorder, but I don't have this aspect. My Sun/Jupiter conjunction in third is actually trine my Saturn. I think my squares from Saturn to my Mercury/Pluto conjunction in the 4th causes my anxiety more :annoyed:

CafeMercury

Yes, I agree it has to be Mercury more than Sun. I have Mercury square Saturn very tight (0 degrees) so it's exact.

I have Mercury square Neptune. In fact, I'm on hiatus from too much astrology right now because I have "what-if'ed" myself into a frenzy thinking about it. Interesting point to ponder. Thanks for sharing.

moonstark

I have saturn & chiron tightly square my ascendant, so definitely social anxiety is a big issue for me. pisces rising makes it even more challenging to 'face my fears' in these situations.

Cascada

I guess it's different for everyone. For me, I have a lot of attention at the bottom of my chart, showing I'm not really comfortable with the public. Saturn is my singleton, being the only planet in the top half, and is exactly opposite my Ascendant so it really holds me back. On top of that, Pluto is exactly square both Saturn and Ascendant, conjunct Mercury (paranoia?) which also squares both. I have a lot of attention going to my 4th house Scorpio, which again highlights quite a reclusive nature. I can be really sociable and bubbly (Sun in Libra, ruling my chart, placed in the 3rd house and conjunct Jupiter) but I need a lot of time to "recharge" as social settings get me really anxious and can leave me feeling drained. My squares to and from my Sun/Jupiter to my Neptune/Uranus conjunction (placed in 5th) contributes to my hyperactive/anxious tendencies, I believe.