Interpretation of the placement of the transiting planet

petosiris

Banned
Do transiting planets become stronger when dignified by sign and house? By house I don't mean the natal houses, but the current houses - that is my question is focused on the hourly interpretation - for example, does transiting Venus in aspect with MC give greater benefits and favours in work during the months it is in Taurus, Libra or Pisces, or during the hours it is culminating in the 10th house?

JUPITERASC

Do transiting planets become stronger when dignified by sign and house?

By house I don't mean the natal houses, but the current houses
- that is my question is focused on the hourly interpretation
- for example, does transiting Venus in aspect with MC give greater benefits and favours in work
during the months it is in Taurus, Libra or Pisces,

or during the hours it is culminating in the 10th house?
since nothing overrules the natal promise :smile:

then
each natal chart must be examined and assessed
before delineation on this matter

waybread

Petosiris, I hope I understand your question correctly.

If your concern is with a nativity, I think you would have to look at how the transiting planets relate to the natal horoscope's planets and houses, as well as the individual's life. I mean, who's "work" would be at issue? The chart might belong to a child, a home-maker, or a retiree. Or to my dog.

If it's a stand-alone event chart, then the question sort of answers itself. Ditto with a horary chart, with the caveat that only a few of the planets and houses will be really important.

petosiris

Banned
Petosiris, I hope I understand your question correctly.

If your concern is with a nativity, I think you would have to look at how the transiting planets relate to the natal horoscope's planets and houses, as well as the individual's life. I mean, who's "work" would be at issue? The chart might belong to a child, a home-maker, or a retiree. Or to my dog.

If it's a stand-alone event chart, then the question sort of answers itself. Ditto with a horary chart, with the caveat that only a few of the planets and houses will be really important.

This board is about transits in relation to natal as a predictive technique. If it doesn't concern work, it concerns actions (10th in Hellenistic - the Greeks did not have the modern concept of career).

petosiris

Banned
I don't need to mention my question may not relate to dogs everytime, find something else to quibble about. I just gave an example, and my question is in general.