Ascendant Sign Descriptions

Kannon

Fellow posters,

Sphere just created a neat little box with pic and chart by putting these full size images by clicking on the attachment button and choosing the files from his computer. Show us your face and your chart. I guess I didn't realize how some had been doing this before.

Attachments

• Me18.jpg
    Me18.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 76
  • Kannon_deathtransits_2084.jpg
    Kannon_deathtransits_2084.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 73

sphere

Sphere,

Thanks for including a great clear pic!

I'd say Capricorn. Your face is too rounded for a double fixed sign (sun in Taurus + Aqua rising would create a clearly blocky head/face). But just to be sure, check it against numerous descriptions of that sign on the Asc.

Notice how similar your head/face shape is to Dr. King's. Cap-Taurus combo.

Yep, I had feeling it wasn't Aqua rising. And I do have the sticking out ears and no lobes, which fits the Capricorn ascendant. But what you can't see in the pic is my heads stick out from the back, sort of like a 'dome' and I've read that's a trait of Aquarius. Then again, it could be an effect of Moon in Aqua in the first, huh?

Kannon

Kannon,

I had just written a lengthy reply but there was an err and the entire message
was erased, to my intense displeasure...

Yes, my view of the Ascendant is theoretical itself, but it is not without its preceding
observation. The Ascendant, if it does directly affect the personality, it is a marginal
influence itself, in my opinion.

Anyhow, my chief concern for this post is the ascendant of the poet W.H. Auden.
Astro data bank's natal chart for Auden has DD Rodden rating, and lets fall his
Ascendant on Aquarius, mercury in pisces. However, Auden was the first major poet to have a
'scientific education'. He was noted as being distinctively 'detached' in
his manner of poetry. Perhaps it is probable that his Mercury was in Aquarius,
or that other components are to be interchanged somewhat, being
misplaced as the result of the hypothetical birth time?

I'm in doubt more with the dubious birth time than with the aptness
of his natal placements, really.

http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Auden%2C_W.H.

Here:

article-1247156-08148FC4000005DC-159_233x377.jpg

w-h-auden.jpg

auden%20coster.jpg

Well, I know only that the man in the pics you posted can have a cardinal or mutable Asc sign, but not fixed. So not aquarius rising. This is after looking at the chart to see what planet-sign combos would be possible for any Asc possibility on that day.

This one would surely be a booger, since you'd have to dig up in-depth biographical info. Good luck.

Kenoshamaensa

Okay, how about this face? Unknown birthtime. (Sept. 27, 1924, Christopher, IL)

Additional info ... she was a natural psychologist, had uncanny insight into others. I've always heard that associated with 8th house Pluto, but that would make her rising Scorpio or maybe (barely) Sagittarius and I'm just not seeing THAT here. Pluto in first house would make her Cancer? Face shape suggests Aries or Gemini ... but she wasn't forceful or headstrong, and not really publicly talkative, no - had a hatred of the spotlight, actually. (Ethnic note: She's about half American Indian, so allow for that -- faces are ALL wider, rounder and have broad cheekbones and small eyes.)

I'm really baffled.

idalee.jpg

Last edited:

Idrew

This is very interesting. I am not sure of my birth time, but I am very interested to find out what sign is my ancendent. Please look at my photo and tell me what you think.

Attachments

• FotoFlexer_Photo1.jpg
    FotoFlexer_Photo1.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 66

Kannon

Additional info ... she was a natural psychologist, had uncanny insight into others. I've always heard that associated with 8th house Pluto, but that would make her rising Scorpio or maybe (barely) Sagittarius and I'm just not seeing THAT here. Pluto in first house would make her Cancer? Face shape suggests Aries or Gemini ... but she wasn't forceful or headstrong, and not really publicly talkative, no - had a hatred of the spotlight, actually. (Ethnic note: She's about half American Indian, so allow for that -- faces are ALL wider, rounder and have broad cheekbones and small eyes.)

I'm really baffled.

idalee.jpg

Is this lady someone who was known enough that I could look up other pictures of her online for confirmation?

If not, I can say that from this picture and your description: (1) Cardinal sign (2) best bets are Cancer - the face is full and rounded at the chin; Libra.

Kannon

This is very interesting. I am not sure of my birth time, but I am very interested to find out what sign is my ancendent. Please look at my photo and tell me what you think.

Sorry, can't tell from this photo. Post more at different angles, if possible. Also it helps to post up a chart - at least one set for noon - so that Sun sign factors, etc, can be taken into account.

Kenoshamaensa

Is this lady someone who was known enough that I could look up other pictures of her online for confirmation?

If not, I can say that from this picture and your description: (1) Cardinal sign (2) best bets are Cancer - the face is full and rounded at the chin; Libra.

Not known, no. I'll post a second picture, slightly different angle (full-on face). I think Libra might be slightly more likely for two reasons: first, it would give her a 12th house sun, and she was known for her fairly selfless service and kindness to others, and that placement would also give her Saturn on the ascendant or in the first house, and she was notably short but had the lovely bone-structure. Eyes dark blue, hair Indian black, skin very fair with freckles (despite the native blood).

Cancer would put Pluto near her ascendant and I don't think she had the Pluto "magnetism." More Saturnian sobriety softened by Libra.

Another angle:

momwedding.jpg

Idrew

Hi Kannon,

I have attached my chart. All I know is that I was not born at night. Your input will be appreciated.

Attachments

• FotoFlexer_Photo1.jpg
    FotoFlexer_Photo1.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 56
  • me.gif
    me.gif
    49.4 KB · Views: 56

Astro-Intuitive

I'm really baffled.

idalee.jpg

She looks like she has an Aquarian ASC to me (and what you described about her sounds like an Aquarian ASC) - probably around 29*.

Shaun

Last edited:

Kannon

Kenoshamaensa,

Thanks for reposting another pic. This one is a bit clearer.

Here are the Asc possibilities:
Cardinal signs - any, but Libra and Cancer most likely. The rounded chin with dimple is an excellent example of Libra females. Your description of her understanding of human nature points to an Air sign Asc.
Fixed signs: Taurus only.
Mutable signs: Pisces only.

This face does not have nearly enough jaw definition to be any fixed sign other than Taurus. I've attached a mid-Libra chart with data sheet to see the possible aspects to an Asc in Libra, which would range from about 0-12* South declination. It sounds like the P to Saturn is most likely if it is not in conjunction.

Attachments

• momwedding.jpg
    momwedding.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 53
  • astro_w2gw_277_sept_27_1924_christopher_il_female_hp.10188.1439.gif
    astro_w2gw_277_sept_27_1924_christopher_il_female_hp.10188.1439.gif
    52.1 KB · Views: 55
  • astro_w2gw_277_sept_27_1924_christopher_il_female_hp.10444.5225.pdf
    55.4 KB · Views: 41

Kenoshamaensa

Thank you. And yes, I *think* the Libra rising appears the most likely. I'd wondered about the chin dimple. Both her father and son have one, as well, so obviously, genetics play a role here, but a Libra-rising makes a certain amount of sense with the planetary placements, but one reason I particularly like this as a rising sign is that it puts her Virgo moon virtually on top of the Virgo sun of the man she married (and stayed married to for 50+ years). They had a true and successful love-match.

Such a close conjunction (~ 1*) makes me more inclined to think Libra (or Cancer) than Taurus, much less Pisces. A Taurus rising would put that conjunction at 7 degrees, and a Pisces even further out. As Libra gets it closest, and also seems likely by her appearance and other planetary house placement, I feel fairly comfortable with that as the best educated guess.

Thanks. :)

Kannon

You know Keno, I'd definitely check out what Astro-Intuitive suggested about a very late Aqua chart. Even though she does not have the typical squarishness, there is something in the eyes that fits more a Aqua Pisces mix. Also the shape reminds me of someone like Bill Clinton who has the full ovate face that comes from a combination of Libra Asc and Sun in Leo. With her Asc at 29 Aqua, what you've got is a situation that puts Pisces over the rest of the 1st house, creating smooth lines and tapering. Another example of this is Abraham Lincoln, who master astrologer John Willner worked out to an Asc of 29 Aries. He developed the typcial skeletcal cragginess of an aged Aries type, but had a rather boxy facial outline, not an ovate one. This is because the fixed sign of Taurus was over the rest of the 1st house, giving more rectangular shape than normal for a Cardinal sign on the Asc.

This doesn't happen very often, but if he says its possible, check it out. She is indeed beautiful, but it reminds me of the Piscean type more than Libra.

The only 'cuspy' Ascendant mixture of qualities occurs when the Asc is very late in sign (29*) and puts the following sign over most of or the rest of the 1st house. It is uncommon but does occur. Its definitely worth checking out.

Kenoshamaensa

I am VERY reluctant to consider a late decante Aquarius because it would put Mars on her ascendant from the 12th house. She absolutely was not a Mars-Ascendant personality, period. Some things I could see, that ... not at all. :-D Most of Pisces would put Mars in the 12th house (which would work better), but Uranus in the first house. I'm not too sure about that placement either, again, when it comes to personality -- although it's far more possible than Mars on the ascendant. It might explain the Aquarian "feel."

All that said, I did look at a chart for Pisces Rising at about 4:40pm which would keep Mars off her ascendant, and also keep Uranus from being conjunct it (as that's unlikely too) ... and I just don't think the chart looks as likely when considering the planetary placements in houses. 7th house Sun and Moon ... okay, that will work, but the 12th house sun actually works better. Uranus in the 1st house *could* work but it doesn't reach out and grab me as "Yes, of course," although that said, a 1st house *Chiron* would make sense. Pluto in the 5th feels all wrong, although depending, it might slide into the 4th, which would work better, but that brings Uranus closer to the ascendant, not just being in the house. 9th house Jupiter is unlikely (no love of travel or much interest in foreign places/people).

So I think the Libra ascendant makes the *rest* of the chart makes some sense. With the Libra rising (mid-sign), we get planets in houses that make more sense. 12th house sun, 11th house moon (and Merc), 1st house Saturn, Venus quite likely sextiles the Asc. Jupiter in the 2nd (or 3rd) would work well but 2nd better (she came from a family that actually wasn't destitute during the Depression). In this chart, Chiron wouldn't be in the 1st house, but would be in opposition to the ascendant, and she did have self-image issues.

Anyway, just a glance between the two charts leads me to think the Libra rising more likely. The feel of Pisces might come from the fact Neptune/Venus (conj.) could very well be sextiling the Asc.

I should add: I rectified a chart for 7:10, Sept. 27, 1924, Christopher, IL, based on the far more likely 4th house Mars than 5th house Mars. That also puts all other planets in houses that make sense (or at least, aren't wildly unlikely, LOL!). It's far from certain, but I think it's a good educated guess. :-D I really appreciate the help, as with narrowing down the possibilities for a rising sign made/makes it a lot easier to say, "Likely," or "Unlikely."

Last edited:

Kannon

Ah, good point about Mars, Keno. I'd forgotten that I'd looked at that possibility when I posted the chart with her pic up there and thought that it didn't match. Sounds like you've been pretty thorough. Good work.

Now, have you tested it by transits for life events?

Idrew

Hi Kannon,
I have attached my photo along with my natal chart for 12:00 as you suggested, any chance of a look on your part would be appreciated.

Attachments

• FotoFlexer_Photo3.jpg
    FotoFlexer_Photo3.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 35
  • me.gif
    me.gif
    49.4 KB · Views: 36