Will I get promoted?

Ukpoohbear

I am following traditional horary and so 10th house Saturn is the house of my job/boss/promotion.

I am Venus, dignified and strong in its own sign and exalting Saturn.

Moon in 1st house translates light between both sigs, which is a positive.

However, Saturn separates from Venus and goes to Mercury and so I think Mercury will be promoted instead of me?

C85768-C7-74-F2-4-DD3-98-D0-E2-D9-FB0-BC4-F2.jpg

IleneK

Premium Member
I think you may get the promotion. You as Venus are strong in your dignity, and received by exaltation by Saturn. So the way I interpret reception, your boss holds you in high, perhaps even exaggerated regard.

Venus does not aspect Saturn. But if I read correctly, Moon translates light between Venus and Saturn, which to me would suggest a favorable outcome.

I wish you luck and please update.

Ukpoohbear

I think you may get the promotion. You as Venus are strong in your dignity, and received by exaltation by Saturn. So the way I interpret reception, your boss holds you in high, perhaps even exaggerated regard.

Venus does not aspect Saturn. But if I read correctly, Moon translates light between Venus and Saturn, which to me would suggest a favorable outcome.

I wish you luck and please update.

Thank you, I hope so :) I will update what happens.

How come you interpret reception that way, where does it come from? I have known you’ve done it that way for a while and sometimes it makes more sense your way, it’s kinda difficult to tell what way it goes in every situation though, although in this situation it would be nice if my boss/work did exalt me :lol:

IleneK

Premium Member
Thank you, I hope so :) I will update what happens.

How come you interpret reception that way, where does it come from? I have known you’ve done it that way for a while and sometimes it makes more sense your way, it’s kinda difficult to tell what way it goes in every situation though, although in this situation it would be nice if my boss/work did exalt me :lol:

You are welcome.

There is a well-known living and respected horarist named John Frawley, who reads reception the opposite way. A number of skilled practitioners here on the forum use his method very effectively.
As I understood reception in traditional horary, I am reading reception in a traditional way. My understanding of traditional astrology is not that deep, though, so I may be misunderstanding it? But that is how I do it, and have decided to be consistent in using that method.

Ukpoohbear

You are welcome.

There is a well-known living and respected horarist named John Frawley, who reads reception the opposite way. A number of skilled practitioners here on the forum use his method very effectively.
As I understood reception in traditional horary, I am reading reception in a traditional way. My understanding of traditional astrology is not that deep, though, so I may be misunderstanding it? But that is how I do it, and have decided to be consistent in using that method.

Yeah I was a member of a horary group that were big on Frawley. The owner was amazing it and they were strictly traditional, and I picked up a respect for keeping things traditional from that group.

But I must confess I have not studied anything and so was curious about where the different ideas for reception came from. Is the way you read reception from Lily, Christian astrology?

The good thing about not being an avid student, is I am open to both disasters, although I do like to keep horary traditional or else it nefime just like reading a natal chart. I see the merit in that.

IleneK

Premium Member
Yeah I was a member of a horary group that were big on Frawley. The owner was amazing it and they were strictly traditional, and I picked up a respect for keeping things traditional from that group.

But I must confess I have not studied anything and so was curious about where the different ideas for reception came from. Is the way you read reception from Lily, Christian astrology?

The good thing about not being an avid student, is I am open to both disasters, although I do like to keep horary traditional or else it nefime just like reading a natal chart. I see the merit in that.

I took up horary about 5 years ago, I think, when my longtime interest in modern astrology waned. [It has recently been rekindled a bit...]
Frawley was one of the first that I looked at. I also worked with and referred often to a book called On The Heavenly Spheres.
Then I looked at some work by Ben Dykes and studied and referenced the traditional astrology website Skyscript by Deb Houlding. So I've mostly used secondary sources and honestly no longer recall whether they referred to western astrologers like Lily or the Arabic astrologers. I just reception read the way they explained examples, and then imitated it to the best of my understanding. I'm pretty seat-of-the-pants when it comes to horary.
icon7.gif

Last edited: