Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 09-24-2015, 03:29 AM

Question Pets in the natal chart?

So I was about to write something related to astrology and pets, but then I realized: I don't know what represents pets!

Therefore, my question is: What part(s) of the natal chart represents pets? I never really hear anyone talk about that. Is there any planet or anything that represents pets in astrology? I mean, I guess I could consider pets to be the fourth house, since pets (to me) are considered family.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Unread 09-24-2015, 03:38 AM

Re: Pets in the natal chart?

Pets are sixth house, unless they're bigger than goats. If they're that big, they're twelfth house.
Unread 09-24-2015, 03:44 AM

Oh, thanks!
Unread 09-24-2015, 02:19 PM

I think there are a couple of other threads about this on here, you will find them if you google. I was reading them the other day because my pets are sick so I was looking to see if they might die.
Pets are said to be 6th house because originally they were kept to be useful - dogs for hunting & guarding, cats for catching rodents etc. Large pets (elephants, giraffes etc!!) are the 7th of the 6th, i.e. the 12th (& I guess for a large animal being kept like a pet must be kind of like being in prison so this house is appropriate). But nowadays a lot of people treat their pets more like their children and they keep them to play with and have fun with, so some people are saying these kind of pets should be seen as 5th house, also a lot of pets are kept in the house now as part of the family, unlike in previous generations where they would have been out in kennels or the barn, so we could argue they are 4th house.
Unread 09-27-2015, 02:18 AM

That's what I was thinking. I mean, technically it would be up to the person, since some people are closer to their pets and/or view pets in a different way than others. I was asking because I wanted to know why my father (who actually doesn't like pets) wasn't fond of them.

Thanks for the insight, though!!
Unread 09-30-2015, 10:47 PM

It was funny, I looked this up not too long ago. I have a Pisces ascendant, and it says I love animals (which I do very much). I have always had four or more pets in the house at a time unless they get old and die (T_T) in which case getting a new pet results in aggression from old animal to new animal. My sixth house is Leo, and I'm more of a cat person even though I like all animals. I wonder if it represents as well the type of animal you like more (in my case, cats) and if you like pets at all.
Unread 10-01-2015, 08:54 PM

Horary sticks to 6th house and it still works, so I'll use 6th house still lol.

Pets are legal property here certain US states, but I wouldn't use them as the 2nd house.

Tags
chart, natal, natal chart, pets