Worried about my daughter’s Plutonian chart/similarities to her fathers chart..

My daughter is only 2.5, but she is very intelligent and...special. She has an intense way about her to say the least. She has Pluto Conjunct her ascendent/Pluto in 1st house, and from what I’ve heard this indicates a painful life. She also has Moon in the 8th house, like me, and moon in cancer.
She has mercury square Neptune too.
I’ve dealt with a lot of Plutonian type pain throughout my life, the worst being her abusive, narcissist father, who she doesn’t know, but who’s chart resembles hers in a few ways. She is Gemini sun, he is Gemini moon. She has Pluto Conjunct ascendent, he is Scorpio sun. They both have a saggitarius ascendent. He also has mercury square Neptune in his chart. I know this position can cause lying, delusions, escapism. He was a compulsive liar and a heroin addict and overall a very dark and scary person. So I am wondering if there’s anything I can do for my daughter as she grows to help her with these harder placements. I also have 8th house issues and a lot of traumas to work out myself and she has seen me suffer. I just want to protect her from the darker things in her environment because now I’mterrified she is scarred from the things she’s already seen. I will post her chart in the comments to make sure I got everything right.

SweetTruthSeeker

All the 8th house energies aint bad, just depends how u use it.
With her being a mercurial sign I would think this would mean a lot of communication.. maybe throughout life, if u explain honestly about the good and bad psychological aspect of life.
Who knows.... she could be the next future super top psychologist, or writer!!

The good side of Scorpio energies is when they find a passion they love, they can get stuck into it deeply.
They tend to only be mad when things stay hidden.. but if things are explained to them from early.. they have great real deep emotional understanding and use the positive side which is empowering themselves

Whoam1

Don't block these energies in your child, let things take course, Pluto will definitely consume her if you try to stand in its path, if you stand back and observe it may not.

I once did a reading for my cousins new born child, and she had a grand cross among other things. It was hard to say the least. However, something I've noticed about the more challenging aspects or configurations is that they confer the strength by which people can overcome them. Often times, there will be something in the chart that compensates. In my nieces case she is a very strong Aries. I'm a cancer moon with mercury square neptune. Pluto prominent will give her much strength, moon in cancer is sensitive but strong in the unconditional acceptance of emotions whether positive or negative, we're just very in tune and in love with our emotional states, come what may! With mercury square neptune she'll day dream a lot, you're right about all the implications. I'm a very good liar and have some serious acting skill but I choose not to! I'm typically brutally honest. I have escapist tendencies but this I channel into creative expression. So it's not so much the aspect, but how you use it, and the overall chart needs to be considered as well. I'd make sure to always provide a creative outlet and a nurturing environment, moon in cancer people tend to have very caring mothers. It's not always the case but I've seen it a lot. With this placement and especially if mercury has other hard aspects the mind might be scattered or foggy despite her intelligence level. I'd recommend a healthy diet of neuroprotective substances like omega 3 laden food etc. I know it sounds funny, I'm just saying that because I was a bright enough child but had a bit of an attention deficit problem, and I blame neptune! lol These placements aren't among the most difficult though, a bit challenging but nothing severe and nothing she won't be able to handle what with you being the caring and concerned mother that you are and all of her pluto strength and determination.

Last edited:

love-thinking

My daughter is only 2.5, but she is very intelligent and...special. She has an intense way about her to say the least. She has Pluto Conjunct her ascendent/Pluto in 1st house, and from what I’ve heard this indicates a painful life. She also has Moon in the 8th house, like me, and moon in cancer.
She has mercury square Neptune too.
I’ve dealt with a lot of Plutonian type pain throughout my life, the worst being her abusive, narcissist father, who she doesn’t know, but who’s chart resembles hers in a few ways. She is Gemini sun, he is Gemini moon. She has Pluto Conjunct ascendent, he is Scorpio sun. They both have a saggitarius ascendent. He also has mercury square Neptune in his chart. I know this position can cause lying, delusions, escapism. He was a compulsive liar and a heroin addict and overall a very dark and scary person. So I am wondering if there’s anything I can do for my daughter as she grows to help her with these harder placements. I also have 8th house issues and a lot of traumas to work out myself and she has seen me suffer. I just want to protect her from the darker things in her environment because now I’mterrified she is scarred from the things she’s already seen. I will post her chart in the comments to make sure I got everything right.

I'm not quite sure how pluto ascendent manifests. Moon in 8th house can make her very intuitive, perhaps interested in the occult and/or psychology. Moon in cancer means it's in a good sign so it has good dignity. When 8th house cusp progresses to the moon(which rules a particular house), be careful. I have moon in 8th house, and when that happened my dad passed away. So yes moon in 8th house can be trauma in that sense.

Pluto ascendent could be a good thing instead of a bad thing. She may have a powerful presence. She may be noticed. I feel like sun-pluto and pluto ascendent, scorpio suns and scorpio ascendents are powerful, either sexually, intellectually, or they're like a pheonix in some way. However I feel like pluto aspects also bring out a lot expectations imposed on a particular person. So people judge you harder in a way, or expect more from you because intuitively they know you're powerful or have potential. But either way she is going to affect people.

I think the worst pluto aspects honestly, are moon-pluto and venus-pluto. They are by far the most painful aspects one can have especially the hard ones. 8th house placements as well because that means when the progressed cusp hits that planet, it might affect some aspect of the native's life in a detrimental or even transformative way.

THank you everyone, these responses are wonderful. I had a bad experience using an astrology forum on Reddit with posting a personal question so I was a little apprehensive to check these responses (with a sensitive cancer sun myself)
So the Pluto in the first house won’t necessarily be bad?

Last edited:
I don’t know how to post her chart.
But she has Moon, Jupiter, and Venus in the 8th house, Pluto in the first.
Gemini sun Conjunct her descendant (7th house)
Mercury in Gemini, in the 6th house
Venus in Leo
Mars in Gemini, in the 7th
Leo Jupiter
Scorpio Saturn, in the 12th house
Aries Uranus, 4th house
Pisces Neptune, 3rd house
Capricorn Pluto
Libra North Node, 9th house
Sagittarius ascendent, Gemini descendent

Sun conjunction mars
Sun opposition Ascendent