Should I reply to this man?

ChildOfVenus

I don't know why this married man keeps flirting with me. I told him that I thought he liked me. Because he keeps trying to talk and flirt with me. He messaged me saying that he thinks I'm a nice lady but that he doesn't like me romantically. I didn't bother to open the message I know he's lying. He's been flirt hing with me for awhile now. The first time he messaged me he asked me how does it feel dating men being as though I'm a curvy woman. I know for a fact that he's into to curvy women. Yet he said he was asking for a friend. I can't believe he thinks I don't know that he really likes me.

I think you might be reading too deeply into his actions.
If he says he is only looking for a friend that means he is only looking for a friend. You should take his words at face value instead of assuming that he likes you romantically. :annoyed:

ChildOfVenus

Do you really think he's going to come out and say he likes me knowing that I know he's married? What's the reason for him flirting with me then? He may not like me romantically but I know he's attracted to me.
I think you might be reading too deeply into his actions.
If he says he is only looking for a friend that means he is only looking for a friend. You should take his words at face value instead of assuming that he likes you romantically. :annoyed:

Straight up message him you're not interested and forward the messages to his wife and walk away.

She should know. She has every right to know of this.

Then you tell him to never contact you again. Stop returning or reading his messages as it's only a sign you want to further the communication (regardless of what you say, actions speak louder than words). And then that's that. Don't continue the conversation.

Last edited: