Here we go, NFL predictions

kaminari

Hi all, I've been away for a few years but have made a triumphant return to try my hand at sports astrology for the first time (my fave team the Atlanta Falcons are in the NFL playoffs). Any experienced enthusiasts out there who could start/add to a knowledgeable thread?

Edit: I'm in the process of calculating the birth charts for the four remaining teams (Atlanta vs San Francisco & Baltimore vs New England). Time is by "sunrise". It's a start. Anyone interested start commenting / posting relevant data.

Btw, already noticed that the Falcons' Sun is in the 12th house of 'undoing' -- already explains a lot !! Also notice a really weak Mars in the Falcons natal chart (not good for athletes). Explains a lot of their historical ineptitude. Wow, this works for teams, too.

I'll post more info later if anybody in astro community is interested. Till then will keep discoveries internal (my team has four personal planets in Cancer).

Last edited:

jmp454

Premium Member
First game is SF at Atlanta .... Very hard to predict ...but here is some relevant info that could help .. I have Jim Harbaugh (SF Coach) Born Dec 23rd 1963 in toledo OH at 9:29PM EST leo Asc ... Transiting Sun conjunt natal Venus on game day..Venus ruler of 10th, sun also trining directed jupiter in 10th ... seems pretty strong to me... transiting moon will be in 10th around MC ... certainly would not bet against that.
Game chart is confusing or seems to me not much there ... 20th Jan Atlanta 3PM EST ... 23 gemini asc, maybe you could pull a sesquisquare to saturn from ASC ..jupiter ruler of 7th or away team trine from mercury ruler of 4th away team score... (stretching it here but) good for away team?.. but there is also mars semi square uranus on game day ...
I certainly am not sold but I do like Jim Harbaugh chart ... Mike Smith (Atl coach) born Jun 13th 1959 not much there plus not timed...I have seen a lot better charts to bet on ... not touching this one ... i am sure better sports astrologers than me have a better analysis

estarr

First game is SF at Atlanta .... Very hard to predict ...but here is some relevant info that could help .. I have Jim Harbaugh (SF Coach) Born Dec 23rd 1963 in toledo OH at 9:29PM EST leo Asc ... Transiting Sun conjunt natal Venus on game day..Venus ruler of 10th, sun also trining directed jupiter in 10th ... seems pretty strong to me... transiting moon will be in 10th around MC ... certainly would not bet against that.
Game chart is confusing or seems to me not much there ... 20th Jan Atlanta 3PM EST ... 23 gemini asc, maybe you could pull a sesquisquare to saturn from ASC ..jupiter ruler of 7th or away team trine from mercury ruler of 4th away team score... (stretching it here but) good for away team?.. but there is also mars semi square uranus on game day ...
I certainly am not sold but I do like Jim Harbaugh chart ... Mike Smith (Atl coach) born Jun 13th 1959 not much there plus not timed...I have seen a lot better charts to bet on ... not touching this one ... i am sure better sports astrologers than me have a better analysis
kaminari... estarr here.. ur my first digital interaction in this realm.. am completely into sports astrology.. you got the hemispheric alignment correct.. believe it or not i saw in print someone acclaiming sports astrology.. saying first house home team.. and second house away team... thats totally ridculous.. especially if one has experienced the beauty in the hemispheric perspective... haven't looked at the game chart but will and get back.. but looking at already your analysis the trine for the away team is especially strong if wholly placed in the hemisphere... who is the away team who wears the colored jerseys... but sometimes it gets switched up.. the away team wearing white when it comes to the final game in some playoffs.... got to get out.. but before i go... the astrology of sports works easiest when not contending with line spreads... baseball lends itself well because the game chart is for the whole game.. not like in sports with quarters and halfs... where half time charts could be used.. and in my case i do half times of football and basketball games sometimes quarters rather than waiting around the whole game for results... anyway have you seen the charts for the 2011-2012 major league baseball world series... amazing charts... and of course game two was pretty much the same alignments as game one... game three was disastrous for the east hemisphere and game four too for that matter...
ultimately looking for people to collarborate with... still getting my feet wet with this posting business so be patient with me... will look at the 2011-2012 nfl superbowl
chart and get back to u

Last edited:

shawn

I agree that both of these games are difficult to predict. If you look at Jim Harbaugh's timed chart as previously mentioned, you will notice that he is getting T SU CON N VE. Will venus manifest as enjoyment and good times, or will she seem to be lazy and uninspired? also getting T MA CON N SA and this may indicate an ability to outmuscle his opponent, or it may manifest as supreme frustration. It may even manifest as both of these extremes whereby his team may drive the ball up and down the field only to turn it over near the goal line, or be forced to settle for field goals rather than touchdowns. He is also getting T JU SXT N MO and this may indicate good fortune or it may also indicate one who squanders opportunities. Also getting T UR CON N MO and so there is sure to be lots of excitability

dr. farr

I'll make it:
San Francisco winning over Atlanta
and
New England winning over Houston,
in the January 20th play-offs...

shawn

take a look at tom brady's timed birth chart.. born 8 / 3 / 77 in san mateo, CA at 11:48 am PDT. 18th degree libra rising. he is getting T SA SQR N SU and T MA OPP N SA and also T UR CON N MO. his coach, bill belichick is getting a transiting T SQ from PL SQR N SA, OPP N UR. the end of game chart shows that T UR will be CON the DC.
these factors will slow down the patriots bandwagon and may knock them entirely off the rails. my best bet, take the ravens plus the 8 points on the spread

jmp454

Premium Member
Shawn that is pretty good work ... but is the transiting saturn square sun a little out of orb still and the mars to saturn may have already passed and Uranus is at 5 aries and his moon is at 6 aries... i agree i did not like this either, what about neptune trine his natal venus (he is a libra rising) and the transiting sun oppose directed jupiter in Leo ... what i dont like is the transiting moon at the end of game square the progressed saturn/progressed asc...
Bilichick sure .... but Saturn trines that Uranus and Pluto trines progressed Jupiter ...tough tough call in my opinion
Game chart end ... yeah maybe Uranus /DSC but game chart if starts on time will have moon in 10th and venus trine a Taurus MC
I do like the 8 points but would not be so quick to count out Pats

estarr

kaminari...estarr.. the mercury trine jupiter a little wide... I look for tighter aspects...
did you noticed the T-square... u didnot mentioned it... the position of the part of fortune and its aspects should be noticed in this game day chart...generally I avoid
these high profile games at a seasons end... there's too many opportunities in basketball pro and college ... pro hockey started yesterday too...the nfl now is a big distraction for me...I even overlooked that this weekend was the divisional playoffs...looking at game day the T-square involves the east ruler since part of the ascendant is cancer..the part of fortune is west squared by venus...normally not good for west..however theres support if u consider the vertex sextiling venus and semisextiling the part of fortune... I noticed the spread went from five to four...still maybe too much...I read the T-square as a negative for east.... in any case I will stand down on playing the whole game...and get involved at half time depending on the half time line and the flow of the game up to that point

shawn

ravens qb, flacco getting T MO CON N NO, TRN N JU / SU CON as the T MO moves toward OPP To N SA. This means that flacco will put lots of balls in the air and some of those prayers are sure to be answered

dr. farr

OOPs!:pinched: I meant New England winning over the Baltimore Ravens:wink:!

Results: SF over Atlanta, but Ravens (Baltimore) bested NE Patriots!
In my experimental predictive models SF was favored over Atlanta in 2 of the 3 models I use-however NE was favored in all 3 models; so, the results here are 50/50 (however, each of the models I have been experimenting with have been averaging between 57+43- (14% above chance) and 60+40- (20% above chance) over several hundred test games, in various sports-football, basketball, baseball-and I will now be including test games from NHL pro hockey as well)

Last edited:

shawn

picking the winner of the super bowl looks much more difficult than my easy pick of ravens plus 8 over the patriots.
i could make a case for both teams winning this game, but my eye is drawn to transiting uranus hovering near the DC of my projected end of game chart. the AFC title game had this feature also, so we should expect the unexpected. the niners opened as early 4 point favorites and so they are expected to win. by this rationale, i am leaning to picking the ravens plus the 4 points on the spread.

shawn

I agree that both of these games are difficult to predict. If you look at Jim Harbaugh's timed chart as previously mentioned, you will notice that he is getting T SU CON N VE. Will venus manifest as enjoyment and good times, or will she seem to be lazy and uninspired? also getting T MA CON N SA and this may indicate an ability to outmuscle his opponent, or it may manifest as supreme frustration. It may even manifest as both of these extremes whereby his team may drive the ball up and down the field only to turn it over near the goal line, or be forced to settle for field goals rather than touchdowns. He is also getting T JU SXT N MO and this may indicate good fortune or it may also indicate one who squanders opportunities. Also getting T UR CON N MO and so there is sure to be lots of excitability

these predictions are not bad, as you may have noticed that the niners looked uninspired at the beginning of the game, trailing by 17. later, JH had lots of enjoyment and good times following his team's win.
the niners did outmuscle the falcons in the second half despite fumbling the ball at the goal line. and i forgot to mention the possibility of a missed field goal as the kicker bounced one off the top of the upright.
did you see how excited JH got when he did not win the challenge of a completed catch late in the game? i thought he was going to jump out of his skin!

estarr

estarr: I was correct in my analysis posted last saturday of the game time chart for the 49ers at the falcons and called for a first quarter cover by the patriots... a nasty t-square to the one of rulers of the home team in the sf game and said four points would be too much to cover for the away team...I have completed the superbowl chart..not the analysis though ... anyone stepping up to the plate predicting the superbowl using astrological techniques

jmp454

Premium Member
I will give it first crack.... Jim Harbaugh SF.. Pluto at 10 cap not good to his ASC and pr Saturn, transiting Pluto square natal Jupiter ..hmm probably related to larger life issues than superbowl...health and relationships.. not so much game time ... The key to me here is the sun trine solar directed ASC and Jupiter trine progressed ASC ... I think it is his time for Superbowl. John Harbaugh BALT ...Saturn conj natal neptune, mars neptune oppose natal Uranus, sun oppose pr mars
SF to win ... do they cover 4 points ... non astrological opinion ... NO

jmp454

Premium Member
I also wanted to mention ... Shawn has pretty good view on game chart ... if starts at 6:30PM EST (highly unlikely will be on time) but even if late, there is a lot of good stuff for the DSC team ....and trying to project end of game, Uranus gets closer to DSC ... POF squares sun ... does kind of point to Balt (i think, are we giving Balt the DSC as they are underdog and AFC) ... I just cant find anything positive in any of the Ravens charts. SO I am going to wait before I bet it ... will wait for somebody smarter than me predicts something ... Shawn?
Anyway that is all the time I am spending on it ... better charts in NBA and College Basketball..

shawn

some good analysis so far on this game and i am with the majority who are not finding any clear indications in picking a winner.
jmp mentioned the transiting T SQ in jim harbaugh's chart from PL to N JU and NO. this works against his team. also getting the first qtr T SU SQR N NE and this is another dubious transit that may indicate a dream realized or, conversely, confusion and disappointment.
also took a look at jim's recent solar and lunar returns, both precessed and otherwise. both of these precessed returns show jupiter and neptune on the angles, so i would be reluctant to bet against his team.
ravens coach john harbaugh is getting the OPP from T MA / NE to N UR and these types of OPPs are always tricky to predict, but we can be sure that he has a trick or two up his sleeve and he will have an aggressive game plan that utilizes the elements of surprise and deception. also getting T JU SXT N NO and T UR TRN N NO. hard to bet against these transits too and i think we will see lots of exciting scoring plays that will result in a high scoring game, probably going over the posted total of 48.
niners qb, kaepernick looks to have a good game as he is getting T SU TRN N MA and T ME TRN N ME, not to mention the ever popular T SA CON N SU. this young man is coming of age in his profession, but is he ready to win the big one?
ravens qb, flacco is getting T SU SXT N UR while T ME SQR N SA as he says goodbye to his long time teammate, ray lewis. also getting T MO OPP N NO, SXT N JU. this SXT to N JU is a little wide at over 2 degrees, but it may still bring him some luck.
i will not be wagering on this game, but pressed for a prediction i will say SF wins 27 - 24.

jmp454

Premium Member
Shawn ... game chart has moon oppose POF and according to John Frawley this is a loss for home team... however if game starts late ... after 6:35 EST ..then POF flips from 20 Taurus to 10 scorpio (is that right?)