Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Medical Astrology

Medical Astrology Astrological diagnoses and other health issues are discussed here. Given that there are so many outer and inner influences on one's health (alimentation, sports, medication, past medical antecedents, state of mind, etc.), an astrological diagnosis is only one of many things to consider when determining your healthiness.

Unread 05-05-2012, 05:12 AM

Bursitis and Tendonitis

Anyone know the transits to look for?

Unread 05-05-2012, 05:21 AM

Re: Bursitis and Tendonitis

Mars would be involved (inflammations); Saturn (affinitive to connective tissue) likely; signs potentially involved would include Sagittarius, possibly Capricorn, Gemini (arms, hands)
Unread 05-05-2012, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. farr View Post
Mars would be involved (inflammations); Saturn (affinitive to connective tissue) likely
Thanks for the input.

Back in January, I noticed pain when getting out of a seated position. I determined that it must be Ischial Bursitis or Tendinitis in the tendon stretching over this area. I don't remember any specific injury, but then I don't typically notice injuries unless they stop me from doing what I'm doing. I thought it was slowly going away over the weeks, but it came back with a vengeance last weekend. It was so bad it was pinching my sciatic nerve. It quickly died down during the week, but I'm having a small relapse tonight with all the thunderstorm activity.

Looking at my transit calendar, I see that Saturn was squaring my AC from the end of last year until the end of March. Uranus was squaring my mars at the transition at the beginning of the year as well. Last weekend Uranus was exactly squaring my AC ruler (moon) right after transiting moon passed over it. Mars is exactly sextile my natal moon right now.

Unfortunately my chart is badly aligned with the outer planets for the next few years, so there will be more pain on the way. Did I mention Pluto is transiting my 6th?

!4C Transit Calendar

Last edited by !4C; 05-05-2012 at 07:30 AM.
Unread 05-08-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by !4C View Post

Back in January, I noticed pain when getting out of a seated position. I determined that it must be Ischial Bursitis or Tendinitis in the tendon stretching over this area. I don't remember any specific injury, but then I don't typically notice injuries unless they stop me from doing what I'm doing. I thought it was slowly going away over the weeks, but it came back with a vengeance last weekend. It was so bad it was pinching my sciatic nerve. It quickly died down during the week, but I'm having a small relapse tonight with all the thunderstorm activity.

Looking at my transit calendar, I see that Saturn was squaring my AC from the end of last year until the end of March. Uranus was squaring my mars at the transition at the beginning of the year as well. Last weekend Uranus was exactly squaring my AC ruler (moon) right after transiting moon passed over it. Mars is exactly sextile my natal moon right now.

Unfortunately my chart is badly aligned with the outer planets for the next few years, so there will be more pain on the way.
You might care to look at Jupiter, especially where 'over-stretching' is concerned. Jupiter rules the connecting tissue itself, which Saturn 'binds to the bone'. The tissue becomes like elastic that has reached its limit (). Jupiter is ruler of Sagittarius that rules the hip/thigh region and which is on your 6th house cusp.
The chart shows a Venus-IC-Pluto opp. Jupiter-MC, with Moon in Cancer to make a T-square. Moon rules Cancer on the Ascendant.
Moon desires 'connection through dependence'. The conjunction to Mars may not be as willing to 'totally connect' in this manner. Moon needs an outlet. Where there is 'no physical connection' Moon is aroused and sets off the whole T-square in the only possible way; through the body.
1st and 6th houses 'connect' to the body.

Quote:
Did I mention Pluto is transiting my 6th?
With tr. Pluto conjunct progressed Sun this could be a very good time to take a good look at yourself and work towards changing any outdated patterns(Capricorn) that have lost their necessity for you and therefore outlived their purpose. Jupiter can be so very idyllic in its attitude. There may be a necessity for a change of ideals. As Pluto squares itself, one's existing world doesn't necessarily have to be turned upside down rather than see the beginning of a new, as yet untried one. If there is a chronic tendency to want things to stay the same(fixed influence!), Pluto's work is cut out and may have to move mountains instead of only pebbles.
Unread 05-09-2012, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisiangal View Post
Moon is aroused and sets off the whole T-square
Yeah, that is good point. I was looking for exact aspects, but the configuration might be a little more sensitive.

Quote:
With tr. Pluto conjunct progressed Sun this could be a very good time to take a good look at yourself and work towards changing any outdated patterns(Capricorn)
When this happened I suddenly realized that the world maybe changing in a way that makes my future plans a bad idea. So now I don't really have a future plan.

Quote:
As Pluto squares itself, one's existing world doesn't necessarily have to be turned upside down rather than see the beginning of a new, as yet untried one. If there is a chronic tendency to want things to stay the same(fixed influence!), Pluto's work is cut out and may have to move mountains instead of only pebbles.
I would love change, but it feels like pluto is preventing this now. I think that is what these health issues are all about. Pluto has me caged now. I want to get back into a workout routine, but I can't even do that until this suspicious injury heals (I hope).

I just wish I knew what change pluto has in mind. I would rather cooperate than have pluto grind me down like this.

Thanks Frisiangal, for taking the time to look my the chart. It is always nice to have someone else's perspective.

Tags
bursitis, tendonitis