I need someone to guess my moon sign…

Kernix

I’ll try to be brief. Before I received my birth certificate (it took 22 weeks to get it), I was trying to figure out my rising sign and in the process I noticed the moon changed signs late in the day on the date of my birth. So I figured if I could determine the moon sign, it would be easier to figure out the rising sign – it would rule some rising signs out.

So I did a Yes \ No count for both moon signs. I watched videos, went to quality websites and read descriptions in books. If a description of a moon sign seemed to describe myself, I put a check in the Yes column, if it didn’t I checked the No column. Results: one sign was a 1/3 Yes but 2/3 No, while the other sign was 90% Yes \ 10% No – one was a strong No, the other a HUGE Yes – no brainer, right? I was confident of my choice, especially knowing the your moon sign is very important. A month or so later, I did the analysis again with totally different sources and got the same result – and I’m talking 40-50 decision points for each moon sign.

However, when I finally got my birth certificate it had a time of birth for the sign that was 66% No vs the 90% for the other sign. The only way that I could have been so wrong, so far off, is that I don’t know myself and \ or I practice self deception. I’m into astrology to better know myself, and don’t think I’m being self-deceptive either.

So I’m asking for someone to guess my moon sign because at the very least I think that whoever typed up my birth certificate was either being lazy and just picked a time, or made a mistake. But I assumed it was correct at the time and I studied all the houses for that time and hardly anything matched me – things seemed way off. I didn’t care which moon I was, or where my houses were, I just wanted to analyze my chart. So if someone can guess my moon sign, then I’ll know what to do – if you guess the one I believe to be correct, then I guess I’ll have to send away for another copy and see if a different or same time comes back.

What information do I need to provide, or questions I need to answer to help someone guess it? I can give you some info here and let me know what else you may need. I hope I don’t need to give the two signs, but I may have to. I’m a Pisces sun and some pertinent things of myself is that I’m a life-long learning (always studying something), patience is not a virtue that I possess and I’ve heard more than once that I “wear my emotions \ heart on my sleeve”.

Sign that I calculated and believe to be correct: moon is in the 3rd house; major aspects are Moon in opposition to Jupiter and square Mars, sextile Saturn, trine Neptune.

The time from the birth certificate that I think is wrong: moon in 10th house, similar aspects except no longer sextile to Saturn, Neptune aspect now a sextile, and now trines with Pluto & Uranus.

I’m sure more info will be needed, and this would be easiest via video or face to face. Let me know and thanks!
Kernix

1nluv

Hi there! This sounds fun. I'll take a crack at it. From the action-oriented way you write, it sounds like you have some fire. Probably Sagittarius by the way you're going about things, though this could be your rising sign. The moon has more to do with emotions and it is hard to get a sense of that from what you wrote. What is your occupation? What is your sense of humor like? Are you talkative or quiet?

JUPITERASC

I’ll try to be brief. Before I received my birth certificate (it took 22 weeks to get it), I was trying to figure out my rising sign and in the process I noticed the moon changed signs late in the day on the date of my birth. So I figured if I could determine the moon sign, it would be easier to figure out the rising sign – it would rule some rising signs out.

So I did a Yes \ No count for both moon signs. I watched videos, went to quality websites and read descriptions in books. If a description of a moon sign seemed to describe myself, I put a check in the Yes column, if it didn’t I checked the No column. Results: one sign was a 1/3 Yes but 2/3 No, while the other sign was 90% Yes \ 10% No – one was a strong No, the other a HUGE Yes – no brainer, right? I was confident of my choice, especially knowing the your moon sign is very important. A month or so later, I did the analysis again with totally different sources and got the same result – and I’m talking 40-50 decision points for each moon sign.

However, when I finally got my birth certificate it had a time of birth for the sign that was 66% No vs the 90% for the other sign. The only way that I could have been so wrong, so far off, is that I don’t know myself and \ or I practice self deception. I’m into astrology to better know myself, and don’t think I’m being self-deceptive either.

So I’m asking for someone to guess my moon sign because at the very least I think that whoever typed up my birth certificate was either being lazy and just picked a time, or made a mistake. But I assumed it was correct at the time and I studied all the houses for that time and hardly anything matched me – things seemed way off. I didn’t care which moon I was, or where my houses were, I just wanted to analyze my chart. So if someone can guess my moon sign, then I’ll know what to do – if you guess the one I believe to be correct, then I guess I’ll have to send away for another copy and see if a different or same time comes back.

What information do I need to provide, or questions I need to answer to help someone guess it? I can give you some info here and let me know what else you may need. I hope I don’t need to give the two signs, but I may have to. I’m a Pisces sun and some pertinent things of myself is that I’m a life-long learning (always studying something), patience is not a virtue that I possess and I’ve heard more than once that I “wear my emotions \ heart on my sleeve”.

Sign that I calculated and believe to be correct: moon is in the 3rd house; major aspects are Moon in opposition to Jupiter and square Mars, sextile Saturn, trine Neptune.

The time from the birth certificate that I think is wrong: moon in 10th house, similar aspects except no longer sextile to Saturn, Neptune aspect now a sextile, and now trines with Pluto & Uranus.

I’m sure more info will be needed, and this would be easiest via video or face to face. Let me know and thanks!
Kernix
Begin with a natal chart for the official time of birth
these are instructions
HOW TO ATTACH A CHART TO YOUR POST ON THE FORUM :smile:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=12126
Extended Chart Selecton Page at astro.com has options
to choose
from amongst the fourteen currently most popular house systems in use

Kernix

Hi there! This sounds fun. I'll take a crack at it. From the action-oriented way you write, it sounds like you have some fire. Probably Sagittarius by the way you're going about things, though this could be your rising sign. The moon has more to do with emotions and it is hard to get a sense of that from what you wrote. What is your occupation? What is your sense of humor like? Are you talkative or quiet?

Glad someone finds it interesting - thanks! First note that I did a lot of analysis - I got my bachelor's degree in Operations Mgmt which today would be called Supply Chain Mgmt - heavy analytical positions, a lot of number crunching and I liked that part of the job. I got laid off about 10 yrs ago and then started my own dog walking pet sitting business. Sense of humor: I can't tell a joke to save my life - I always mess up the punch line. But I'm great at off the cuff jokes usually with a dry delivery and I'm quick with them. I'm on the shy shy, always have been so not extremely talkative. I'm heavy on water signs - a major planet in both Scorpio and Cancer plus I mentioned my Sun sign is Pisces. So I can be emotional, but not always - and if I say too much more it might give it away. I'll probably post the two signs in my next post which will give you some good fuel for questions. Thanks for replying!

mrs

from what i read in your description, what i pretend to know in astrology, and a bit of intuition, i would also go for a fire sign, i think yu have aries moon )
aries are really focused on themselves, your desire to know yourself better, the way you are able to talk about yourself, as you express your feelings (heart out on a sleeve) makes me think of true aries moon...
the fact that you are a life-long learner maybe cause of your mercury in aquarius or aries, both of the signs known for their mental qualities.

Last edited:

Kernix

Not Aries moon and my Mercury is conjunct my Sun in Pisces - I'm gonna wait an hour or so and then post the two signs and see what you and 1nluv think - I appreciate the reply!

1nluv

Not Aries moon and my Mercury is conjunct my Sun in Pisces - I'm gonna wait an hour or so and then post the two signs and see what you and 1nluv think - I appreciate the reply!

I'll guess Virgo or Leo until you post again :smile: Leaning towards Virgo with a fire rising sign

Kernix

Hmmm, Virgo is pretty important and is in one of the angular houses - did you guess that because of the analysis & pets? I have a water rising sign for the time I think is correct, but a fire rising for the one I think is wrong. I have a cat visit to make who needs medicine and then I have to walk my dog - I'll be back in an hour with the 2 signs and then an interesting thought on the rising sing that I think is wrong - sorry for being so cryptic.

BbI

To me it sounds like you could be Gemini moon, colored by some of the aspects you mention above?

Kernix

To me it sounds like you could be Gemini moon, colored by some of the aspects you mention above?

That would give me Aries rising for the 3rd house one or Leo or Virgo for the 10th house one - I'm pretty laid back and not overly aggressive, sometimes competitive, etc - don't think a fire sign fits me, but that's something I would know and you guys wouldn't since you don't know me - btw, this forum is great, I posed this question in 2 other forums and no one is interested in guessing or understand why I'm asking - got to run

Kernix

So the 2 choices are Capricorn moon at 23 degrees 11 mins or Aquarius moon at 1 degree 25 minutes. I don't think I mentioned if I the earlier time or later time was the one I think is correct, except I suppose you may be able to figure it out because I mentioned the 2 houses which would also indicate my rising sing and my mid-heaven - and the MC for the one I think is correct seems to be spot on as well.

Last edited:

1nluv

Then I would say Aquarius. You sound too playful to have a Cap moon. Just a guess :joyful: I'm still somewhat of a newb to astrology so I'm not sure where your house placements would fall to determine which one you think you are.

Maybe you can look into birth chart rectification which uses the events in your life to determine your birth time. For example, maybe you had a transit or aspect to a planet in your 10th house the day you were laid off.

Kernix

Yes - Aqua moon in the 3rd house with Scorpio rising and Virgo MC given the 11:47 pm time I calculated. And from that time 4th hse in Pisces with Mecury, the Sun, Chiron and Saturn in Aries at 0 degrees and some odd minutes (I found Koch was best). Saturn in the 4th house: my parents got divorced when I was 7. So much matches.

When I got the birt cert with the 8:01 am time, I watched vids, read book and websites for all house cusps (Aries rising with Cap moon in the 10th) and man they seemed waaaaay off. I have to send away for it again and see if I get a different time - I have to assume the time was a mistake, or I for some reason don't resonate with darn near every thing at that time.

theoddone

So the 2 choices are Capricorn moon at 23 degrees 11 mins or Aquarius moon at 1 degree 25 minutes. I don't think I mentioned if I the earlier time or later time was the one I think is correct, except I suppose you may be able to figure it out because I mentioned the 2 houses which would also indicate my rising sing and my mid-heaven - and the MC for the one I think is correct seems to be spot on as well.

Hi! I was reading the descriptions and guesses by each post and Capricorn moon actually came to mind, especially when you mentioned you had a water sign as your ascendant which I'm assuming is Scorpio.

theoddone

With the 8:01 am time it has Cap moon with Aries rising.

Moon would either be in the 10th or 11th houses if you're Aries Rising, not the 3rd. If you have a Third House Capricorn moon, your rising sign would be either Scorpio or Sagittarius because Capricorn would be occupying your 3rd house to some degree.

Last edited:

katydid

It is not unusual for a new student of astrology, to think they do not match their chart. I think self analysis, true unbiased self analysis, is very difficult.

I can easily see that one would not want to read the descriptions of a Capricorn Moon, and want to own it. :unsure: I have a Cap Moon, and I do not agree with most of what I read about it's nature. :alien:

But it was a pretty ambitious, well organized endeavor that you took on, when you decided to try and decipher the chart, using youtube, and long question and answer lists. Kind of Capricornia, in my view...:smile:

Kernix

I don't care what sign or house anything is - it was ALL just an analysis of house cusps (or signs for the moon). I don't care which sign or house and I find it weird that anyone would have a problem - it is what it is - embrace it.

I didn't just do it for the moon either, after the moon sign analysis, I did the same for the rising sign and Scorpio beat out Libra - then I did the midheaven and Virgo beat Leo and I would say ANALYSIS is more of a Virgo trait than Capricorn - I posted this somewhere else and got some reverse confirmation bias like a patent I'm working on for a piece of wilderness survival gear was proof of Cap and Sag (?) - I have some keywords for Scorpio that are "Refuge in Nature" and "Survival Instinct", but what do I know.

After that (11:13 PM MC in Virgo) I was left with looking at any house cusps that changed sign or any planets that changed houses (47 minutes) and the main changes were Jupiter in the 9th or 8th (the toughest one) Saturn in the 4th or 5th, Neptune in the 1st or 12th and Mars in the 12th with the 12th Hse cusp in Libra or Scorpio.

And I think I did stipulate in my original post that to do this successfully you had to know your self and not practice self-deception. And before I actually made the post I looked at the 8:01 AM house positions for the signs and planets and watched videos, read websites, read books and sooooooo much did not resonate. Then I bumped both charts up against each other - planet by planet, sign by sign - it was almost a shutout, only Mercury in the 12th beat out Mercury in the 4th, not sure why - maybe because Mercury is in Pisces in detriment and fall. Regardless, what can I do? Nothing - except order the cert again to see if a different time comes back, go to the office in person to see the physical record,and maybe ask my god mother if she remembers. Other than that, I'm left with trying to make sense of things that don't sound like me - I must truly be clueless about myself, I guess.