Before I cast a horary chart I need your help

helena-IT

Before I cast a horary chart, I need a quick consultation with you:

I've left my job in a not so pleasant way and there are a lot of unfinished things left between me and my boss, and the company in general - I've started a very big project and left before it has been finished.

My question is: Will my ex-boss call me to return and finish what I've started?

So could you please help me solve these questions first before I cast the chart:

1) Who is supposed to be the Ascendant - me as I querent or my ex-boss?
2) Which houses should I observe - 10th (work related matters), 6th (services) or 3rd (communication), and/or any other?
3) Should I pay attention to Saturn and/or the Sun (authority, boss) and their relations/aspects (if any) to Ascendant and its ruler, and specific houses and their rulers?

Please advise and thank you so much in advance!

Harold

You have asked the horary question(s) and the timing of them was 7:44pm (according to what I see at the top of your posting). You know your location, so set up a chart for that time and place. We can sort out the details later.... but the important thing is to cast the chart for the time when you asked the horary question.

For starters, the ascendant (and the ascendant ruler, and usually the Moon) are always for the querent - which is you in this case. All the other houses show how the question relates to the querent.

helena-IT

You have asked the horary question(s) and the timing of them was 7:44pm (according to what I see at the top of your posting). You know your location, so set up a chart for that time and place. We can sort out the details later.... but the important thing is to cast the chart for the time when you asked the horary question.

For starters, the ascendant (and the ascendant ruler, and usually the Moon) are always for the querent - which is you in this case. All the other houses show how the question relates to the querent.

Okay thank you Harold - well I wanted to analyze the chart myself, but if you don't mind analyzing it that would be great, so here it is, at exact time I asked the question:

4xbl.png

thank you!

Harold

If you want to analyse the chart yourself, you go right ahead....

If you want any help, you only have to ask.

helena-IT

1) Who is supposed to be the Ascendant - me as I querent or my ex-boss?
2) Which houses should I observe - 10th (work related matters), 6th (services) or 3rd (communication), and/or any other?
3) Should I pay attention to Saturn and/or the Sun (authority, boss) and their relations/aspects (if any) to Ascendant and its ruler, and specific houses and their rulers?

Well, could you help me with these questions at least?

1) in this case the Ascendant is Taurus (Me, the querent) and its ruler Venus is in the 7th, is that corrects? But Venus also rules Libra, should I look at Libra as well (6th house, a house of service)?
2) Which houses should I observe 10th, 6th, 3rd, or/and any other?
3) Since in this case 10th (job related matters) is in Capricorn, its ruler is Saturn in the 6th, as well as Moon and the Sun
4) Should I observe just those planets and their relations? (Venus, Saturn, Moon, Sun)
5) Should I pay attention to anything else as well? Natural rulership maybe?

Thank you.

Mandy

As a general note, I dont know on what principle the system displays the timing of posts. My display shows me that the OP posted her initial message at 6:44 PM (see attachment). This may be important to raise with the administrators for the purpose of consultation horary method in regards to members' different time zones.

Attachments

• AW1.png
    AW1.png
    35.7 KB · Views: 16

helena-IT

Thank you for noticing, but I know about that issue - I'm in the time zone one hour ahead from the server's time so I cast the chart at 7:44 and not 6:44
As a general note, I dont know on what principle the system displays the timing of posts. My display shows me that the OP posted her initial message at 6:44 PM (see attachment). This may be important to raise with the administrators for the purpose of consultation horary method in regards to members' different time zones.

Harold

Let us keep things simple. When you start out doing horary charts, the temptation is to think you have to take the whole chart into account and bring to bare the whole litany of horary techniques. But the beauty of horary is that usually, the answer drops out pretty quickly from the testimony of a couple of planets and you can ignore the rest of the chart.

Here is the question: Will my ex-boss call me to return and finish what I've started?

So, who are you in this chart? You are Venus, as you say, ruler of the ascendant.

Who is your boss in this chart? We would normally take the 10th house ruler as the boss in this sort of chart, so that is Saturn. (Is he elderly, perhaps?)

Will your boss make contact with you? Do you see Saturn and Venus "making contact" by an applying aspect? Or mutual reception? Or translation of light?

helena-IT

Deborah Houlding at skyscript.co.uk says if:
In determining strength in any situation
the houses are Angular (Powerful), Succeedent (Medium), Cadent (Weak)

In my case it would mean 1st, 7th (because of Venus) and 10th are all Angular the strength of the situation is powerful, from my point of view right?

But the ruler of 10th Saturn (authority, boss) is in 6th (Cadent) that means from my ex-boss's point of view situation is weak, so he thinks there's no need for calling me?

And 10th house is in the late degree of Capricorn, so the matter is already closed.

And Venus, Moon and Saturn are not aspecting each other, so if there're no connections between them, in reality there won't be any connections between me and my ex-boss.

Last edited:

Harold

As a general note, I dont know on what principle the system displays the timing of posts.

I suspect that when you first registered on the website, you gave your location or, at least, your time zone. The website automatically adjusts the timing of the post to your time zone.

helena-IT

I suspect that when you first registered on the website, you gave your location or, at least, your time zone. The website automatically adjusts the timing of the post to your time zone.

well it doesn't - website says All times are GMT. The time now is 08:31 PM. and where I am it's 09:31

Mandy

I also notice that when I am actively interacting with someone and say it is 11:13 pm here, it often says on their post something like 17:13 pm. So, I know that the adjustment is not as straightforward as you suggest. I do not know what the adjustment is about, frankly, but it is important for those who do horary to rectify this issue with administration.

Harold

And Venus, Moon and Saturn are not aspecting each other, so if there's no connections between them, in reality there won't be any connections between me and my ex-boss.

That's it - end of story!

Another temptation by people coming to horary astrology from a background of natal astrology is to ascribe feelings and moods to the planets. Traditional horary astrology has nothing to say about feelings or moods.

If you want to see the strengths of the significators, look at the essential and accidental dignities. In this case Venus is angular and has face, but it is in its detriment in Scorpio, so Venus is in a position it does not like to be in, but never-the-less has power to act in this circumstance.

Saturn is peregrine and cadent, so very weak here. But we see Saturn conjunct the North Node, which means his luck is in, and Mercury is applying in close conjunction to Saturn. It looks like he has got someone (Mercury) to help and so he does not need you after all....?

helena-IT

That's it - end of story!
Saturn is peregrine and cadent, so very weak here. But we see Saturn conjunct the North Node, which means his luck is in, and Mercury is applying in close conjunction to Saturn.
A peregrine Saturn might suggest distance and lack of emotions as well?

It looks like he has got someone (Mercury) to help and so he does not need you after all....?
Yes I think so too.
Oh well like you've said - the end of story. Life goes one :)

Thank you very much, it was very helpful.

Harold

A peregrine Saturn might suggest distance and lack of emotions as well?

No. As I said before, we should not try looking for emotional nuances in horary astrology. In horary astrology, the chart will tell a story in relation the question asked, nothing more.

Peregrine planets are powerless planets. In this case, Saturn in a cadent house really is stuffed. But that relates to the particular circumstances of your question and is not a general comment on your ex-boss. Your ex-boss can be described by Saturn in Scorpio. He may be elderly man with a thriving business and a string of mistresses with whom he demonstrates his emotions often:joyful:.

But in this particular circumstance, you leaving at the point of getting a big project underway has taken the wind out of his sails and possibly left him trying to get somebody - anybody - to come in and help out. See, Mercury is peregrine as well....

helena-IT

No. As I said before, we should not try looking for emotional nuances in horary astrology. In horary astrology, the chart will tell a story in relation the question asked, nothing more.
Which means, I cannot tell whether he's angry with me or disappointed for I've left?

Your ex-boss can be described by Saturn in Scorpio. He may be elderly man with a thriving business and a string of mistresses with whom he demonstrates his emotions often :joyful:.
Actually he's not :) We belong to the same generation, he's just 6 moths older than me.

But in this particular circumstance, you leaving at the point of getting a big project underway has taken the wind out of his sails and possibly left him trying to get somebody - anybody - to come in and help out. See, Mercury is peregrine as well....
Well that's what actually made me asking that question - the project is in the same state and phase where I left it off. So since Mercury is also in cadent house, and peregrine (not fixed, wandering), so maybe that means he hired someone (or perhaps even several people) to help him out but that someone is (was) not very focused and skillful to sit down and finish the project.