Where is it? (Known answer)

lux111

William Lilly used to 'play horary' by asking his housekeeper to hide something around his house then casting a chart to try and find the object. My children were keen to try this game, so I asked my son to hide a crystal (a chunk of raw, blue sodalite, about fist-sized) somewhere in our house. When he told me that he had, I cast a chart, and worked out where it was from this chart!

I thought I would share it here since it gives clues clearly in the chart and is good for practice. I'll give feedback if anyone wants to have a try, and post the answer a bit later.

Attachments

• where is sodalite horary crop.jpg
    where is sodalite horary crop.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 36

knowledge

cool nice game :D

Okay, lets try :)

Direction: South by the west, or north-north west...or partly north by west.

your crystal: jup sits next to the sun in Pisces. hmm... (indicate places near water: moist places in the room. In the garden, places near pits, cisterns, ponds, etc., - or north or even kitchen.) and...yes "the sun indicates" near men's things or The dining room.

it might be near something old or black/ high or purple not completely on the floor but in midair ( i mean even though it could have been left on the ground it won't touch the ground but elevated)

Bathroom, kitchen, near wells and pumps, all damp places, fishponds.

May be a fish tank!:w00t:

lux111

cool nice game :D

Okay, lets try :)

Direction: South by the west, or north-north west...or partly north by west.

your crystal: jup sits next to the sun in Pisces. hmm... (indicate places near water: moist places in the room. In the garden, places near pits, cisterns, ponds, etc., - or north or even kitchen.) and...yes "the sun indicates" near men's things or The dining room.

it might be near something old or black/ high or purple not completely on the floor but in midair ( i mean even though it could have been left on the ground it won't touch the ground but elevated)

Bathroom, kitchen, near wells and pumps, all damp places, fishponds.

May be a fish tank!:w00t:

Very goood…!!! It was south-west from where I sat, and on the west side of the house.. near water, near a ‘cistern’ type thing… in the kitchen (which is near/next to the dining room), near old things, near the ground but elevated.. any more guesses before I tell all?

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

knowledge

it could have been sitting next to something that gives heat or light? or a candle jar? or something magnificent of some sort?

lux111

Ok I'll give you the long form analysis :D

Ascendent 0° Scorpio: I’m 22° Mars in 4H Capricorn, conjunct Vesta; in sect, exalted and in my terms.
This is testimony to me being at home (4H), playing a game with my children (dispositor in the 5H), where I’m going to win or lose the challenge (22°), seen by them as having slightly magic powers using this form of divination (exalted) but nevertheless, able to do the horary (in my terms). Partile conjunction with Vesta shows I’m also Vesta – the guardian of the household (single mother), keeping it alive and well.
Nearby Pluto at 27° Cap is almost on the degree of my exaltation, suggesting I will be successful looking in a dark place relating to waste/cleansing, or around piles of old things.
I’m also conjunct 21° Venus who is L7 – one’s ‘second child’; my second child is the one who hid the stone.

My stone is L2 – Jupiter. Jupiter does rule precious stones and objects of spiritual significance.
It sits at the end of the 5H. It’s at 12°33 Pisces and the 6H cusp is 17°30, so within 5 degrees of the cusp Jupiter is read in the 6H

So: the stone is in a 6H Pisces place, which I take as relating to water and maybe dark.
6H is West NW direction – a room on the west side of the house, slightly north.
6H also rules the belly (food/cooking), cleaning, and ‘questions that appertain to servants’
Places that Jupiter rules includes wardrobes/cupboards.

It was in a kitchen cupboard, under the sink.

Pisces rules the colour white, and places where water is, such as sinks and pipes, as well as chemicals and poisons. The cupboard door is white/cream, and there are detergents and oven cleaners etc in there too.
The natural ruler of the 6H is Virgo, which rules cleaning and organised things. It sat on top of a neatly folded pile of tea-towels.

The cusp of the 4H can also give more info about where the object is.
Capricorn rules dark corners and low places near the ground.
The 4H dispositor is Saturn, in Aquarius.
Saturn rules sinks, Aquarius rules uneven places. The tea-towels weren’t ironed though, and so it’s a pretty uneven perch for the stone.

The Moon is at 29°59’ Scorpio, so I take it that this is a place of transition, water, waste… and also something of a boundary or in-between place – like a door, window or drain-hole. Moon conjunct and separating from the South Node gives further testimony to a place of letting go or releasing something – under the sink.
Pretty much everything (especially both luminaries) under the horizon shows the stone is in a dark, hidden place.
Finally, for an extra clue we can look at Sabian symbols of things nearby. Jupiter is conjunct Sun, whose Sabian symbol is Pisces 5, “A church bazaar”. Some of the teatowels were bought for me by by my mother at a church fair!

Thanks for playing!

Last edited: