Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.

Unread 07-29-2010, 05:21 PM

Void of Course Moon in Natal Chart

Not sure if this would be the place to post this...

I was asked by a fellow astrology student who is not on these forums if the void of course moon applies to the natal as well.

I know it applies to horary, but I have no idea how to interpret it in a natal hosroscope.

The astrology books I own do not speak about this either...

Is there a natal interpretation for the void of course moon? If so what is it?

Unread 07-30-2010, 05:13 AM

Re: Void of Course Moon in Natal Chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selene View Post
Is there a natal interpretation for the void of course moon?
You mean like a Magic-Bullet Generic Internet Voodoo Formula?

No.

Why is the Moon Void of Course? Because it won't make any aspects before leaving its current sign.

If you understand that, then you know that any Planet and the Sun can be Void of Course as well (and that reminds me of something).

A Void of Course Planet is the same thing as an Unaspected Planet.

It's going to draw a lot of attention, like sand in your eyes and you keep rubbing and rubbing your eyes and the sand is still there. The outlet is the House the VOC/Unaspected Planet rules.

Nobody cares about a VOC Moon in a natal chart. Does anyone want to know why? Because of the movement rate of the Moon.

A VOC Planet is another animal entirely. A VOC Planet through progression may (or may not) eventually progress to form an aspect, so that problem is resolved.

But, an aspected Planet might progress to become a VOC Planet and now you have a new problem. The solution is still the same, focus on the house the VOC Planet rules.

A VOC Moon is only VOC for a few days, maybe a week at most (except under some really bizarre circumstance). A VOC Planet could be VOC for years and years, maybe your whole life.
Addressing his pupil, Satyacharya said, "The science of Astrology is a great secret. It should be guarded with care. This sacred science of Astrology should never be taught to bad people. Nor should it be revealed to too many people and very frequently. It should be taught only to a few chosen disciples who really deserve and have the necessary qualifications."
Unread 07-30-2010, 05:33 AM

For me, while VC Moon makes a big difference in divinations, beginning of undertakings, events (to a certain extent), I join Mr. Zemco's statement above and have not found Moon VC of any significance in natal.

Differing from Mr. Zemco (and also the traditionalist outlook in general) in my personal belief and experience I give no attention whatsoever to VC planets, either in natal or horary or any other astrological practice; perhaps this attitude of mine is based upon my acceptance of the ancient "connections" concept of degree based planetary monomoiria, and also of the ramifications of the Pauline dodekatermorion "connections": also my consideration of the parallels of declination (and contra-parallels) and sometimes also of parallels of latitude (which Dorotheus of Sidon valued)-looked at with these additional considerations of mine, it actually is rather uncommon for a planet ever to be "void of course" ; these concepts might also account for my (personal) rejection of the doctine of "peregrine" relative to planetary dignity/debility. Now I don't apply these concepts relative to the Moon in "saving" it from VC "status", but for me the Moon (and the Sun) are special cases (actually neither are "planets"-the Moon is a satellite, and the Sun is a star), and, in my little mind, special factors apply to them which are not the same as other factors which apply to the planets (note that everything I have written in this paragraph is offered merely as my own experience and personal outlook)

Last edited by dr. farr; 07-30-2010 at 05:43 AM.
Unread 07-30-2010, 04:43 PM

I appreciate both responses and they confirm what I told her, however I wanted to make sure because there's so much I don't know about astrology yet

Thank you!
Unread 10-04-2018, 05:42 PM

I am posting here because this is the topic of interest which brought me to your forum.

My interest in this topic started several months ago when, by chance I discovered that I was born while the moon was VOC.

I do differ from the earlier posts in this thread in that I believe that it most definitely affects the life of individuals who are born during a VOC moon.

It truly explained so much of the frustrations I've experienced all my life, and seek more information to fully understand it and hopefully be able to advise others who share this natal occurrence.
The Following User Says Thank You to Silver Moon For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (10-04-2018)
Unread 10-04-2018, 06:49 PM

Continuing.

I found an additional forum that has some good info regarding a natal VOC moon . . . however the last active posts were from 2010.

I'm not sure if the forum will allow me to provide a link to that thread, but here is the link.

http://erosastrology.proboards.com/t...on-void-course

I am curious to hearing from others who were also born during a VOC (void of course) moon.
Unread 10-04-2018, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Moon View Post

I am posting here because this is the topic of interest which brought me to your forum.

My interest in this topic started several months ago when,
by chance I discovered that I was born while the moon was VOC.

I do differ from the earlier posts in this thread in that I believe that it most definitely affects the life of individuals who are born during a VOC moon.

It truly explained so much of the frustrations I've experienced all my life, and seek more information to fully understand it and hopefully be able to advise others who share this natal occurrence.
these are instructions
HOW TO ATTACH A CHART TO YOUR POST ON THE FORUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwadm

DESKTOP
1) Once you generate the chart image using your favourite website, copy the image address

2) Click on the Attachment icon (if you don't see it, select 'Advanced' posting first)

3) New window will open, paste the image address, click Upload button, close the window

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/foru...d.php?t=118441

kaktuzz offers FREE online software chart calculation
at https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/birth-chart-horoscope-online
with traditional chart calculation option
https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/traditional-astrology
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 10-04-2018, 07:28 PM

Aquarianessence is one of our members
and posted the following thread
on Void of Course Moon at https://www.astrologyweekly.com/foru...ead.php?t=4797
but has not posted any comments since 05-16-2016
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
Silver Moon (10-05-2018)
Unread 10-05-2018, 03:35 PM

Thanks for that link. It appears to be the same post from the other site.

There is a lot of very useful info regarding the VOC moon in a natal chart in that post.

One of my favorite quotes from that post is:

"The Moon is in place to reflect the light of day into the darkness of night. It is our candle in the night. She helps us to feel how we are connected to our world. She rules the womb. When the womb is void it is fully cleansed and prepares once again, a fertile home for potential life. That seed is planted in darkness, ruled by the waters, the Moon. As the waters below were gathered into one place, dry land appeared (a fetus in development, a place for evolving life to step to higher ground and into the light?). "
Unread 10-05-2018, 03:49 PM

In that post AquarianEssence quotes the following from an article by Ann Massy that"

"I have also observed how void-of-course Moon individuals tend to fall into jobs, marriages, and other situations that form the basic story lines of human life, through fluke not by apparent design. These void-of-course Moon individuals are not in the least materialistic; pursuing riches is not on their agenda. They go with the flow unless we are talking about moral issues and ethics; they do not take injustice lightly. Void-of-course Moon people, in my opinion, take a very strong stand on what is right and what is wrong, no shades of gray here. Mind you I do not think they are judgmental, but strong ethics appear to be a very inherent, natural trait."

Having been born during a VOC moon, I can truly relate to the truth of this statement.

In another article I'll need to find again it stated that those born during a VOC moon also are prone to making bad decisions. When I look back over the course of my life, I can see where I often made poor choices.

Years ago, I guess it was the early 80's I lived near NYC and visited an astrologer there. I've often wondered about her comment to me that I was particularly "fated", that things seem to just happen for me. I now wonder if she stated that because of my birth date being during a VOC.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Birth chart.pdf (155.2 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Silver Moon; 10-05-2018 at 03:53 PM.

Tags
chart, moon, natal, void