Does he really like me?

ameliaastrology

Hi Astrokp,

In horary, we usually use the Regiomontanus system, not Placidus (mainly because Lilly only used the Regiomontanus).

There are only separating aspects between the main significators (Moon/Mars, Venus/Mars).
Sun and moon are applying to a square by 14'23 which is barely in-orb and out-of-sign. Poor dignities and reception into the bargain.

I'd be very surprised if this develops into a relationship.

L7 Mars is only dignified by term, so Bonatti would say that he isn't dignified at all. Either your guy isn't entirely honest or he isn't very enthusiastic or capable of moving things forward.

On a positive note, a main significator (in this case, you, L1) in House 5 could signify a short-term affair. Also, Mars in 2nd house might show that he's interested in getting your esteem or approval.

Still, I don't think there is enough to overcome the strong testimony of the separating aspects. I have yet to see a relationship chart with only separating aspects that turned out to produce a fruitful outcome, i.e. a serious romance.

Proceed with caution, if I may. And please let us know. All the best.

Amelia

Edit - I don't think it's necessary to cast a second chart when it comes to what's really going on / the other party's intention. The idea from the first chart is that he might be looking for a boost to his ego (hence we see a debilitated mars valuing your estimation) and maybe sex (hence we find venus in 5th - you appear to be very pretty and sexy in this relationship, being exalted and in a passionate house. It could mean passion from your side, too, but hopefully this isn't the case).

Last edited:

astrokp

Hi Astrokp,

In horary, we usually use the Regiomontanus system, not Placidus (mainly because Lilly only used the Regiomontanus).

There are only separating aspects between the main significators (Moon/Mars, Venus/Mars).
Sun and moon are applying to a square by 14'23 which is barely in-orb and out-of-sign. Poor dignities and reception into the bargain.

I'd be very surprised if this develops into a relationship.

L7 Mars is only dignified by term, so Bonatti would say that he isn't dignified at all. Either your guy isn't entirely honest or he isn't very enthusiastic or capable of moving things forward.

On a positive note, a main significator (in this case, you, L1) in House 5 could signify a short-term affair. Also, Mars in 2nd house might show that he's interested in getting your esteem or approval.

Still, I don't think there is enough to overcome the strong testimony of the separating aspects. I have yet to see a relationship chart with separating aspects that turned out to produce a fruitful outcome, i.e. a serious romance.

Proceed with caution, if I may. And please let us know. All the best.

Amelia

Edit - I don't think it's necessary to cast a second chart when it comes to what's really going on / the other party's intention. The idea from the first chart is that he might be looking for a boost to his ego (hence we see a debilitated mars valuing your estimation) and maybe sex (hence we find venus in 5th - you appear to be very pretty and sexy in this relationship, being exalted and in a passionate house. It could mean passion from your side, too, but hopefully this isn't the case).

Hi Amelia,

Thank you so much for looking at the chart. Your reading of his intention in this relationship is something I have sort of come to realise in the past few weeks. He seems to always be telling me about all the great work he does and how he makes a great boss, etc. I have told him he sounds a bit of a show off when he does that but he hasn't exactly stopped. He does find me very attractive and sexy and talks sex a lot more than I'd like. Does make me think he's into this for the sex and nothing more though he has spoken to his parents, friends and everyone he considers close about me and expressed his intent to marry me. Since the first chart was cast, we have gotten closer, come to know each other more and talk a lot every day. But, that's probably it.:whistling:

ameliaastrology

Thank you for the response. I appreciate it.
Perhaps he isn't entirely insincere in his intentions to marry you. Only the proposal is, at this point, coming from his ego and passion instead of something very solid. But you're a wise lady and you see through these anyway.

astrokp

And Uranus there shows it was a sudden impulse, but it will end as quickly as it started.

Elena, it's been such a long time since I came back to this forum but your point about things ending suddenly with the guy in context here - just as fast as they started - stuck with me and when things did end suddenly (in August), I wanted to come back here and share feedback. So, I just wanted to share that your reading was right. It was a stressful and emotionally abusive relationship and I should have listened to all your wise advice, but well... That's more than a year wasted on a terrible person!

Love