How do/did you handle Mars/Uranus transits?

Flapjacks

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out how to handle t. Uranus square Mars transit (t. Uranus in 11th house Aries and Mars in 8th house Capricorn). Pluto is also conjunct my Mars as we have this Uranus/Pluto square in the sky right now. Has anyone had a hard hit from Uranus to Mars, and how did you deal with it?

This transit seems to be affecting work because my natal Pluto is in the 6th, Uranus rules 10th house and Mars is ruled by Saturn which is also in the 6th.

Mechanical/electrical things keep breaking at work, and there is no one to fix them in a timely manner, and I don't know how but feebly try and then feel useless when I don't succeed. I have this sort of resentment that I'm stumbling around blind doing things that "fathers teach their boys" but not girls. Whether true or not, I feel like if I had been a boy or had a dad growing up I would have been taught how to fix things and it wouldn't be interfering with my job right now. This feeling really culminated when I blew a tire on a busy highway at rushhour in the dark and there was a very small shoulder to pull over on, and it was raining, and I just wanted to get out and fix the freaking tire and go but I'm too small/weak to actually get the nuts off with the wrench I had. I was so angry about that I cried while calling for help, but a police officer stopped help me with his fancy cross wrench that had more leverage.

I feel abandoned by my employer, and it's making it difficult to focus on working. They've openly admitted they do not support me enough. They put me in a position to make decisions that I don't feel I'm being paid enough to take responsibility for, or don't have the knowledge to do, and I become paralyzed. I also end up working within a framework that is inadequate, which is frustrating. I get so frustrated sometimes that I shut down, which of course doesn't help anything. I get a lot angrier and more competitive about work than I ever have. A competing business, for instance, put out an article in the local newspaper declaring themselves the only provider of our services in the region. I got so mad I started yelling and threw the paper!

I have a weird fantasy of working in a restaurant as a bus person or waitress or dishwasher, just to be able to work myself to death and be underpaid without having to think too much about it, without having some illusion that I'm qualified to do something.

This transit seems to be a big part of these issues. A lot of it started just after the grand cross hit.

So... that's my experience so far... How do you handle frustration indicated by a harsh Uranus aspect?

Last edited:

ashley899

Hi Flapjacks,

Uranus conjunct-ed my Mars in the 4th house (ruling the 7th) - 3 hits from April 1994 - Jan 1995. The only event I can see in my journal that might apply would be a breakup with boyfriend in November of 1994. And his new girlfriend was a lunatic and for the next couple of months was threatening to shoot me.......

Natally I have a grand cross with Uranus, Mars, Mercury and Neptune. When activated, the anxiety/frustration/energy is almost unbearable, but I can't say that I have a solution for it, I just live with it....one day at a time.....follow your energy and listen to your gut kind of thing...

Phoenix Venus

I have this square natally... though it is kinda wide i do note its effects....

I've been told the best way to offset the negative effects is by standing uncompromisibgly for your truth. not necessarily bucking the system/authority but acting on your own individuality and giving others the freedom to do the same.... embody the principle that it is okay to be you, to do you, and to express yourself... we too often bottle in our true ferlings and this is when we explode... this is when the energy spills over and the accidents happen.... this seems to be the case with the pluto square as well...

Claire19

What you are describing with your employer belongs with the 10th house and perhaps the 6th of everyday work. The 11th house deals with groups,
wishes for the future, New Age technologies and of course computers, radios, anything that deals with the air waves and satellites.

The 8th house is others resources, crises, life and death issues, major transformations and secret activities as well as sex and the taboo or hidden such as the occult, reincarnation, recycling, refurbishing and renovation.

However unless you have a natal Mars Uranus connection there wont be any thing that is lifechanging, happening.

Uranus square Mars can indicate great irritation, impatience and temper. You need to watch what you say and what you do in order not to attract erratic conditions and particularly accidents due to rash behaviour.

Zarathu

Account Closed
I think that you are unfairly harrasing Mars and Uranus.

Mars has no power and also has low friction in you natal chart.

However the Moon is both the highest friction planet and at the same time the most powerful planet. And in the transit Chart, Venus is more powerful than Uranus.

Venus is also in your 6th house of every day work.

Flapjacks

I think that you are unfairly harrasing Mars and Uranus.

Mars has no power and also has low friction in you natal chart.

However the Moon is both the highest friction planet and at the same time the most powerful planet. And in the transit Chart, Venus is more powerful than Uranus.

Venus is also in your 6th house of every day work.

Thanks for the input Zarathu, with your totally different spin on things being much more experienced and knowledgeable. :pinched:

I don't mean to harass poor Mars or Uranus! I don't have a problem so much as I'm trying to figure out what I'm supposed to do with it.

What do you mean by Venus being more powerful in a transit chart? Is a transit chart different than what I was looking at? Venus moves pretty quickly and doesn't seem like it would be involved in a process that's been going on for over two months.

Do you mean to say that transits to low friction/power planets have little consequence? In my particular case, Moon is in the same sign as Mars, so that muddles things because they have the same depositor in the 6th. It's going to be especially fun I'm sure when Pluto makes it over to my Moon.

I do think it's be great to hear more about Uranus transits, though. Phoenix Venus gives good advice. :D

hypatia

I had Uranus sqr Mars about 18 years ago - seems like a long time ago, but in reality it's influence has not stopped.
It was when I first really had anxiety, and it came with friends.
I had so many work and home and money problems that I didn't know which was worse or how to cope with any of them.
I struggled on for about 9 months.
In the end a friend mentioned a road trip, so I quit my horrible job, moved out of the horrible home situation I was in, chucked the anxiety pills I was being told to take and went on the 3 week road trip.
I came home 5 years later (but that's another story).
Ultimately - something had to give - and making the 'rash' decision I did still had consequences, but it was the right thing to do, overall.
I hope you find a solution to how things are going for you :)

Last edited: