Need help choosing a chart

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

Ive been switching back n forth thru these charts and I'm trying to choose one and the last thing I can think to do is cone and post both charts l, give a description of my issues and see which one matches up One is the default astrodentist system and the othe is whole sign.

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?cid=qxcfilelcbORR-u1283368147&lang=e&gm=a1&pa=mobile&nhor=1&nho2=1&btyp=2&mth=at&sday=12&smon=5&syr=2012&hsy=-1&zod=&orbp=&rs=0&ast=

And the whole sign

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?cid=qxcfilelcbORR-u1283368147&lang=e&gm=a1&pa=mobile&nhor=1&nho2=1&btyp=2&mth=at&sday=12&smon=5&syr=2012&hsy=12&zod=&orbp=&rs=0&ast=

tsmall

Premium Member
Ive been switching back n forth thru these charts and I'm trying to choose one and the last thing I can think to do is cone and post both charts l, give a description of my issues and see which one matches up One is the default astrodentist system and the othe is whole sign.

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?...2&smon=5&syr=2012&hsy=-1&zod=&orbp=&rs=0&ast=

And the whole sign

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?...2&smon=5&syr=2012&hsy=12&zod=&orbp=&rs=0&ast=

Did you ever choose one? Personally, I like to read the chart in whole sign, but check the angularity of the planets in Placidus or something. To see how able they are to act.

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

Yea I'm using whole sign as of right now. Not just from a personality stand point but I've used transits and they seem pretty much on point even when entering a house. U do use it subjectively but I also looked at what was going on during the transits.

For the placidus angularity, could u be more specific? I'm intermediate when it comes to astrology so u might b showing me something new

tsmall

Premium Member
Yea I'm using whole sign as of right now. Not just from a personality stand point but I've used transits and they seem pretty much on point even when entering a house. U do use it subjectively but I also looked at what was going on during the transits.

For the placidus angularity, could u be more specific? I'm intermediate when it comes to astrology so u might b showing me something new

Well, I still consider myself pretty new, but...take your Mars. In whole sign he's in the 1st, but in Placidus he's in the 12th. This is because of his position in relation to the ASC. Planets at the angles (like your Jupiter) are very strong. They rapidly loose the power to act, or perform, as they move through the cadent houses (they do not, as some people think, lose all power. Think light bulbs, and wattage) build in strength in the succedent houses, and are strongest when they are angular. So the quadrant based charts, like Placidus, Equal, Porphory, Regi, all those give you a more graphic picture of the planets' strenght. Some people can figure it out without the quadrant charts. The key is how strong is the planet, then which house/sign will what it does show up.

My own chart kind of shows it a little easier, because I have Venus in Virgo in the 12th sign from the ASC, but in terms of strength she's as if in the 11th. She still produces in the 12th thematically, but has more ability to do so.

Another cool thing about your chart is that the ancients would still consider Scorpio to "act as if" it was your first house, because your ASC is so late in Libra. So it's almost as if you get two first houses. Two chances? :w00t:

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

Well, I still consider myself pretty new, but...take your Mars. In whole sign he's in the 1st, but in Placidus he's in the 12th. This is because of his position in relation to the ASC. Planets at the angles (like your Jupiter) are very strong. They rapidly loose the power to act, or perform, as they move through the cadent houses (they do not, as some people think, lose all power. Think light bulbs, and wattage) build in strength in the succedent houses, and are strongest when they are angular. So the quadrant based charts, like Placidus, Equal, Porphory, Regi, all those give you a more graphic picture of the planets' strenght. Some people can figure it out without the quadrant charts. The key is how strong is the planet, then which house/sign will what it does show up.

My own chart kind of shows it a little easier, because I have Venus in Virgo in the 12th sign from the ASC, but in terms of strength she's as if in the 11th. She still produces in the 12th thematically, but has more ability to do so.

Another cool thing about your chart is that the ancients would still consider Scorpio to "act as if" it was your first house, because your ASC is so late in Libra. So it's almost as if you get two first houses. Two chances? :w00t:

Thanks alot I appreciate your response. I feel like the whole sign works a little better but I'm remaining open because I'm still learning. I looked at the transits and the timing of events to see which worked better. Which one would u use cuz to me both charts kind of reflect the same thing, like for instance the 12th house sun and the whole sign fourth house Neptune both say something about missing a parent early in life and my father(and mother somewhat) were both absent early on

tsmall

Premium Member
Thanks alot I appreciate your response. I feel like the whole sign works a little better but I'm remaining open because I'm still learning. I looked at the transits and the timing of events to see which worked better. Which one would u use cuz to me both charts kind of reflect the same thing, like for instance the 12th house sun and the whole sign fourth house Neptune both say something about missing a parent early in life and my father(and mother somewhat) were both absent early on

Weeellll, lol, I don't look at Neptune, just because I'm studying traditional right now. That's not to say there's anything wrong with Neptune, just that I don't know. I do think that, especially when talking about parents, it's probably better to stick with the inners, but..what do I know?

I still think you have a 1st house Sun, and I'm in the Same boat, with a Libra ASC and Sun just above it. I sort of see the Sun just coming up as a...promise, I suppose. It's in the 1st, for sure, but maybe takes a bit to come into it's own? The Sun in Libra is in fall, so maybe it isn't that the Sun is hidden, like in the 12th (In my case it's right there for everyone to see) but more like...do other people take credit for the things that you do? Do you sometimes feel like you are misunderstood, when you made yourself perfectly clear?

That said, yeah, I've read about the Sun in the 12th being the "absence" of the father too, and maybe there's something to that, but mostly traditionally we would look at Saturn as the natural significator for the father in a day chart. My dad did do a disappearing act, but it was the last time I had Saturn transiting Libra. Plus, my father's Sun conjuncts my Moon, and I was born just a couple hours before a lunar eclipse. That eclipse conjuncted his Sun, transiting Saturn (the father) triggered the eclipse degree, and poof. No more dad. :lol: (It really wasn't a bad thing. I have Mars in Capricorn in the 4th exactly square my Sun. 'nuf said.)

Can I ask you though, because I really don't like using the general significators too much when there are much more detailed ways to figure out which planet represents who in our lives, does Leo describe your Mother? Or do you think Venus in Scorpio does it better?

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

Kind of both but she has a Scorpio rising and 8th house mars but a fifth house moon lol she is very outgoing and prideful yet private and controlled

As far as credit goes, nobody has ever taken credit for my work but then again I make sure I put my mark in everything lol my mars is what gets me because I dont really fit the description I mean I've had moments where I've let thugs slide but for the most part I'm pretty good with assertion simply because I don't lose control of my emotions I say what's on my mind and handle in a composed manner I do have lazy spells lol but I do get things started pretty easily I prefer to take my time going towards goals now because my patience is short n I kno my expectations can be a little unrealistic but Saturn is transiting my first house so I'm takin a hard look at myself😊

tsmall

Premium Member
Kind of both but she has a Scorpio rising and 8th house mars but a fifth house moon lol she is very outgoing and prideful yet private and controlled

As far as credit goes, nobody has ever taken credit for my work but then again I make sure I put my mark in everything lol my mars is what gets me because I dont really fit the description I mean I've had moments where I've let thugs slide but for the most part I'm pretty good with assertion simply because I don't lose control of my emotions I say what's on my mind and handle in a composed manner I do have lazy spells lol but I do get things started pretty easily I prefer to take my time going towards goals now because my patience is short n I kno my expectations can be a little unrealistic but Saturn is transiting my first house so I'm takin a hard look at myself��

So Venus in Scorpio and Moon in Leo describe your mother? Because this is what they used to do when they didn't have the mother's chart like you do (and I don't, lol) So to find out which planet is your mother you would look at a couple of different things to find the Almuten, or planet representing, your mother, your father, or just about anybody else. So just going by Moon, Venus, and the 10th house you get a general picture of the mother, but if you want to time predictions, you want to get exact. There's a thread about it here...

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44673

I hear you about the Saturn transit. Sun, Mercury, Jupiter and ASC in Libra? Opposed Moon and square Mars? Welcome to my nightmare, lol. But even though it's been rough, it hasn't been all bad. Can't say I won't be glad when it's over. :annoyed: Of course, later this year I get to have Saturn opp Saturn, but I'm actually looking forward to that one. Last time it was pretty good.

As far as Mars in Libra, or anything in Libra, or Libra in general being lazy? I would love to know who started that nonsense and punch him in the nose. OK, not really, but seriously? Libra is cardinal air. How can anything cardinal, meaning initiating, be lazy? Mars in Libra is in detriment. Why? What is it that Mars, when he's at home with his feet on the coffee table, want to do? Well, first he probably wouldn't have his feet on the coffee table because Mars wants to act, shake things up, get things moving, punch someone in the nose. But in Libra it's like he's on his feet with leg shackles and his hands tied behind his back. He has to talk, or think his way through life. That's why Mars in Libra makes good tacticians. They think aggressively. In your case, you have Mars and Venus in mutual reception, which I believe will actually help them both. Like, I'm a mess in your house but you're a mess in mine, so why don't we work together here and see if we can do this.

If anything, it's your Moon that bears working on. It's out of sect. Like way out of sect. You know how when you look up in the sky and see the moon in the middle of the day? Pretty, but not where it's supposed to be when it's supposed to be there? That's your Moon. And it rules your MC and is the exaltation ruler of your 8th.

With traditional do u just look at the sun thru saturn

Yes, just through Saturn, with some lots (ok, sometimes a lot of lots, lol) tossed in there too. The biggies are the lot of fortune and the lot of spirit, but there's also a lot of the mother, and even a lot of victory. These aren't all traditional, as some use the outers, but you can find an Arabic parts calculator here (Arabic parts and Greek Lots are the same thing)

http://www.noendpress.com/pvachier/arabicparts/index.php

Between the angles, the 7 traditional planets, and the lots, there's plenty to look at.

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

I've read about Tradional astrology and I do think that their house system makes more sense; like Saturn ruling the first house, jupiter the second and 12th I think, mars the 3rd and tenth, sun the fourth, Venus the fifth, and so on

So what's your take on whole sign charts, do u think it's invalid

tsmall

Premium Member
I've read about Tradional astrology and I do think that their house system makes more sense; like Saturn ruling the first house, jupiter the second and 12th I think, mars the 3rd and tenth, sun the fourth, Venus the fifth, and so on

So what's your take on whole sign charts, do u think it's invalid

Traditional rulership will just give Scorpio back to Mars, Aquarius back to Saturn and Pisces back to Jupiter. I don't subscribe much to the natural rulers starting with Aries, but there is an older map that I started a discussion on here (sorry, I know I keep referring you to other threads, but it's easier than repeating it all. I hope you forgive me, lol.)

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52099

But yes, I think whole signs are the way to go. Perfectly valid, and in my opinion more accurate. Like, I have Saturn in Taurus in the 8th whole sign. In Placidus he's in the 7th, but he is really, truly felt in my 8th, not my 7th. For one thing, my husband is younger than I am. :wink:

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

Traditional rulership will just give Scorpio back to Mars, Aquarius back to Saturn and Pisces back to Jupiter. I don't subscribe much to the natural rulers starting with Aries, but there is an older map that I started a discussion on here (sorry, I know I keep referring you to other threads, but it's easier than repeating it all. I hope you forgive me, lol.)

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52099

But yes, I think whole signs are the way to go. Perfectly valid, and in my opinion more accurate. Like, I have Saturn in Taurus in the 8th whole sign. In Placidus he's in the 7th, but he is really, truly felt in my 8th, not my 7th. For one thing, my husband is younger than I am. :wink:

It's ok you've helped out alot I will read these links also and i forgot u mentioned u had the same ascendant as me. Taurus definitely fits my 8th house. Everyone who has a placement in Taurus generates strong emotional reactions out of me. Also about my moon, it is the toughest planet to deal with in my. Chart because it forms some tough aspects. Like square to Venus and Jupiter. The Jupiter just expands my emotions making them high and low. Not extremely but enough to know that aspect is real lol and to Venus. I feel this one because my emotional comfort is always at cross purposes with my relationship needs or wants. They never seem to click and it makes you feel empty at times and I've tried to feel that gap but I'm maturing and recognition of the self is occurring