significators and indicators of addiction or drugs in horary

bluemascara

I made a chart asking if a teacher of mine is an addict. There's something really strange going on with her and I want to know what it is. I'm really bad at horary but determined to figure it out. So since she's a teacher, I flipped the chart so that the 9th house became the first. In the chart, Scorpio rules the 9th and Mars is in the fourth. If i flipped correctly, that means that mars is in the 8th house. But what else do i need to look at? I'm thinking the 12th house would relate to drugs/substance abuse? I'd really appreciate if anybody could tell me what else i need to look at to figure this out. Thanks in advance!

babarobot

I'd think the best indicator for it using the planets found in classical astrology would be something to do with Mars, especially for alcohol. Obviously though since you mentioned it in your post you figured this as well.
However, if you don't mind using the outers I feel like Neptune would be a perfect fit (drugs, alcohol, escapism as a whole). I feel like since in this question it would be useful, as you'd already be using the 7th house ruler as her significator.
Personally I'd check Mars, Neptune, her 1st house (speculation on health concerns), her 6th house ( more definite health concerns/ sickness.), the 12th (drugs, alcohol, all the good stuff).

babarobot

The 7th house is the house of relationships and people in general. In pretty much every question concerning some other person it will be used for them. There are a couple of exceptions like relatives, then you use the house of how they are related to you.

Cypocryphy

I have been thinking of this lately. Similar question. It requires a subjective standpoint from that of the turned chart querent. If Mars in her first house shows a liquid intoxicant (poisoness). Not conincidence if Mars and Scorpio are in her first house. (It is the 7th house one starts from. Didn’t notice as on my phone and was thinking of significators. I’d have to look at the chart.)

Rule of thumb: Natural significants are best for this.
:mars: = all drugs that become poisons; e.g. the abuse thereof or liquids by association to :scorpio: for it is watery and toxic.
:saturn: = all drugs that have caused one to be enslaved because the drug is now a prison for the person’s soul; and, those pressed to pill due to its now earthy structure :)capricorn:)

If you use outer planets:
:neptune: = all drugs used to escape reality and drink and excess, as the planet knows no “bounds.” :)jupiter: = something similar if associated with malefics and/or debilitated in the first)

[There are many other situations too long to list. If one has the person’s natal chart all can be revealed. Also, there are other ways of knowing than these methods.]

Last edited:

AJ Astrology

I made a chart asking if a teacher of mine is an addict. There's something really strange going on with her and I want to know what it is.

Hi bluemascara,

That's an improper use of horary. Horary is not for spying on people and it's not really any of your business, unless you perceive her as a threat to you. You'll know, because horary will throw you for a loop punishing you by muddling the answer so that you look foolish.

So since she's a teacher, I flipped the chart so that the 9th house became the first.

That is your second mistake. H9 is for travel, relocating, dreams and absent people. Dorotheus and others also use it for certain types of incarcerated prisoners (effectively political prisoners since H9 is the 12th house from H10).

I'm thinking the 12th house would relate to drugs/substance abuse?

Not on this planet.

You have a suspicious matter. Probably best to use H4.

Since you also have a relationship, H7 is the other option as babarobot correctly pointed out.

Generally, nearly everyone will fall into H7, except blood-relatives, children, pregnant women, persons incarcerated or in hospital, absent people, missing people, dead people, murderers, employees, the ill, heads-of-state and high-ranking officials, other government officials and enemies.

Cypocryphy

Hi bluemascara,

That's an improper use of horary. Horary is not for spying on people and it's not really any of your business, unless you perceive her as a threat to you. You'll know, because horary will throw you for a loop punishing you by muddling the answer so that you look foolish.

That is your second mistake. H9 is for travel, relocating, dreams and absent people. Dorotheus and others also use it for certain types of incarcerated prisoners (effectively political prisoners since H9 is the 12th house from H10).

Not on this planet.

You have a suspicious matter. Probably best to use H4.

Since you also have a relationship, H7 is the other option as babarobot correctly pointed out.

Generally, nearly everyone will fall into H7, except blood-relatives, children, pregnant women, persons incarcerated or in hospital, absent people, missing people, dead people, murderers, employees, the ill, heads-of-state and high-ranking officials, other government officials and enemies.

To the point of not spying. That may be YOUR CREED but it has nothing to do with reality. Spy as you will. What you learn you may not like or it will help. There will be no repercussion. There is no law of this kind. It’s made up and fantasy in the indulgently scrupulous, whose ideology on this matter is entirely relative to himself or herself.

Last edited:

Aria Venue

1.your teacher is signified by 9th house, the house of all learned people also...
2.What we would like mainly to see in the chart is whether exists some connection between her and her turned 12th house of self-undoing, which signifies the drugs..among other things also
3.of cource we cant judge the chart without seeing it so if you want upload it