Marriage indicators in Horary

Cypocryphy

Just looking at this:

There's a lot I'd like to add or comment on, but here Bob says: "Men (ignoring the Sun) look at the Moon's applying aspects. That describes their wives. Women look at any Planet in aspect with Sun to describe their husbands."

This is true but limited. Look at the receptions of the Moon, essential dignity, house placement, etc. In a horary chart, this is kind of untrustworthy because it's more about whom this person is presently, emotionally inclined toward. Regardless of matrimonial appellation.

The natal chart tells all. So that's where you'll find it. And the 7th, planets in 7th, etc is more trustworthy than anything because people rarely change the type of man or woman who gets them going. They will tend to always go for the same types unless you see signs of spiritual evolution in the natal chart. But even then it doesn't seem to matter. I've never seen someone go for someone different than what the 7th and all its interrelations signify.

But if you have to go through horary, then what I said before about the Moon (emotionally) and Venus too will have something to say, most definitely, for the Man, and the Sun for the woman. Honestly, the Moon is an emotional barometer. I'm not sure why Bob neglected to mention that. Granted it can be a significator for the woman but it always has some role in this sense.

Plus, more importantly, look at either Lord 1 or Lord 7 because this describes the person of interest, and going back to my natal chart mentioning, you'll see that the person will go for the same type if these planets, aspects, dignities, etc, accurately depict the people in question.

*Moon is an emotional barometer and speaks in other senses of mothers, grandmothers or those who "mother," which could be the wife. So a Moon-Saturn conjunction would show a motherly, controlling woman in the context of the question. Look at the Lords of the houses because these are just an extension of the natal chart's 1st and 7th.

Last edited:

Iced8Ace

Just looking at this:

There's a lot I'd like to add or comment on, but here Bob says: "Men (ignoring the Sun) look at the Moon's applying aspects. That describes their wives. Women look at any Planet in aspect with Sun to describe their husbands."

This is true but limited. Look at the receptions of the Moon, essential dignity, house placement, etc. In a horary chart, this is kind of untrustworthy because it's more about whom this person is presently, emotionally inclined toward. Regardless of matrimonial appellation.

I know it's been years but I thought I'd clarify unless others are confused. Bob was referring to natal astrology. He's pulling from Ptolemy's natal technique on marriage, which you can find in Tetrabiblos. Idk why this is in the horary section.

JUPITERASC

Re: An epiphany about horary
In Traditional, you make judgments based on testimonies, and I know you've had to have seen dr. farr do this in Horary where this is a positive testimony, this is a negative testimony, and then he looks at the total of testimonies and makes the judgment based on the number of positive or negative testimonies.
FOR EXAMPLE :)
We don't just look at the Cusp of the 5th House & say, "..Oh, that's a Barren Sign so you won't have children.." We look at the Cusps of the 1st, 5th and 11th Houses, then at the rulers of those Signs to see if they are Barren or Fruitful Planets, & the Signs the rulers are in, and a few other things, and we make the judgment based on the overall testimonies, so someone with 3- testimonies and 8+ testimonies we would judge to have children.

JUPITERASC

Re: An epiphany about horary
I'd start with Lily's Christian Astrology, because it is readily available, and it's free and it's in Adobe format and searchable (you can search a word to find a topic you want to review) and it's the most readable, even though it is in an archaic English vernacular.

Once you figure out Lily's conventions, it's pretty easy. It's confusing at first because he constantly mentions planets conjoined or conjunct. To Lily, a conjunction is any aspect (sextile, trine, square or opposition) except an actual conjunction as we know it. When he says "joined corporeally" or "joined corporeally by body" he's talking about an actual conjunction as we know it (meaning that the two Planets are in the same Sign and degree). And then "casting disposition" means any applying aspect (as we know them including conjunctions as we know them).