Help needed in dealing with problematic Scorpios.

I want to start by saying that while I do admit that great individuals have come out of this sign and placement, I've had issues dealing with some troublesome ones and this placement has caused me a great deal of stress.

The main one was my father who growing up was very abusive, often put me down, tried to restrain me, and attempted to control everything I did. After reading up on it, I realized he embodies a lot of the worst traits of a Scorpio. Thankfully I got out of that abusive hell hole of a house and he is as miserable as ever.

Now I work for a Scorpio and this guy really doesn't like me, in fact, he has openly made fun of me in meetings and made my job more difficult. I am actively looking for a new role but the mind games, attempting to control everything I do, insulting words, and bully-like behavior is there.

I am not saying all Scorpios are evil but there is a special kind of sadistic behavior associated with this sign. This sign at its work is crabs in a bucket personified, like it is made to stop other people close to it from achieving success.

What is scary is I hear this is unquestionably the strongest sign of the zodiac that cannot be defeated in battle, apparently a Mars in Scorpio makes someone invisible.

The issue is I do not go out to make enemies with these people, especially not my boss who spends meetings gossiping about everyone, wasting our time with irrelevant gossip, and spreads a ton of negativity for cheap laughs. My boss has intentionally put me in tough situations by giving me undesirable projects, being nicer to workers that don't do as well as me, openly insulting me, and attempting to limit my career growth.

I am 23 and actively looking for a new job but I feel like knowing Scorpios now, my boss is going to plot to ruin my career once I do leave the company and use every under-handed tactic he can.

So it seems like Scorpios at their worst are nasty people who go above and beyond to ruin lives yet this sign is the strongest of the zodiac meaning it is unstoppable, how do you go to battle with this sign and deal with it?

Also, if there are any, what signs do a good job of dealing with Scorpios and have the potential to put them in their place?

Sweet Pea

There must be something in your chart, or in your current transits or progressions, that reflects this difficulty with your boss. Probably there's some difficult synastry with your boss too, but I expect you're unlikely to be able to get his birth details.

Air signs can hold themselves aloof from emotional games that Scorpios play. The other water signs do the worst with them, because they are on the same emotional level but are weaker. Scorpio is the strongest sign on the emotional level.

Scorpios are vampiristic and want your psychic energy, which you give them by getting emotional and upset. As the games go on, you leak energy in their direction and end up drained. You become negative then, and imagine that they will be able to affect your career even after you leave. Don't let your mind go down this negative path.

Last edited:

stabrinthesky

There must be something in your chart, or in your current transits or progressions, that reflects this difficulty with your boss. Probably there's some difficult synastry with your boss too, but I expect you're unlikely to be able to get his birth details.

Air signs can hold themselves aloof from emotional games that Scorpios play. The other water signs do the worst with them, because they are on the same emotional level but are weaker. Scorpio is only the strongest sign on the emotional level.

Scorpios are vampiristic and want your psychic energy, which you give them by getting emotional and upset. As the games go on, you leak energy in their direction and end up drained. You become negative then, and imagine that they will be able to affect your career even after you leave. Don't let your mind go down this negative path.

Scorpios are something else. How should we manage the more negative characteristics do you think? What beats them at their own game? Indifference? Calm but strong will? Beat them over the head with a pan?
I have no water in my chart and they unnerve me. I don't like as***es and it seems like I either love them or want to avoid them like the plague. Doesn't work great, the avoiding. Or the loving.

Sweet Pea

Scorpios are adept at spotting your weakest point .... which might be that place in your chart that makes you want to love them. Perhaps you have nothing in water, but you probably have something in one of the water houses - 4, 8, 12? Or you might have something strongly connected to their planet, Pluto?

It's a case of "know thyself". When you've sussed out what your weak point or your blind spot (Neptune placement?) is, then you'll know the doorway they will use to get into your psyche and engage with you on THEIR level, ie. the emotional level. It will take careful monitoring of what they say/do to you, and how you typically respond. You'll fail before you succeed, in terms of staying detached and emotionally neutral. But there will be a script that they follow, and you automatically follow it back with your response (as if they hit a button in you) and as soon as you identify that script, you're on track to negate it.

When you can stay airy and detached and see the classic part of their script coming, and not react to it, you've conquered their hold over you.

You can also google 'dealing with emotional manipulators' or 'the psychic vampire' and read lots of online advice.

Here's a page I found with a discussion on who would win in a mind game between a Libra and a Scorpio. It has interesting opinions.

https://www.reddit.com/r/astrology/comments/62qq80/who_would_win_in_a_mind_game_libra_or_scorpio/

sibylline

What is scary is I hear this is unquestionably the strongest sign of the zodiac that cannot be defeated in battle, apparently a Mars in Scorpio makes someone invisible.

I know many Mars in Scorpios, including an immediate family member (Mars conjunct Pluto in Scorpio). They are tough and enduring but hardly invincible. They can have a difficult time dealing with other fixed Mars or persevering Mars aspects like Mars/Saturn.

As far as the signs that tend to do battle with Scorpio -- Leo, Taurus. Even when they are in the same chart they fight it out to the very end.

So what does this guys chart look like? Even if you believe Mars in Scorpio is a toughie, it's not likely his Mars is also in Scorpio.

sadge

Sweet Pea! It's good to see you again. It's so rare.

I see that you've giving good advice, as always.

Hope you've been well.

Sweet Pea

Thank you Sadge. :happy:

I start to care less, after writing long answers and it looking as if the original poster never even read my replies (classic example here).

:sleeping:

I know many Mars in Scorpios, including an immediate family member (Mars conjunct Pluto in Scorpio). They are tough and enduring but hardly invincible. They can have a difficult time dealing with other fixed Mars or persevering Mars aspects like Mars/Saturn.

As far as the signs that tend to do battle with Scorpio -- Leo, Taurus. Even when they are in the same chart they fight it out to the very end.

So what does this guys chart look like? Even if you believe Mars in Scorpio is a toughie, it's not likely his Mars is also in Scorpio.

The person in question has a Mars and Venus in Scorpio.

How would someone with a Mars in Gemini fare?

I am surprised to see Leos can battle well against Scorpios given that Leos tend to put it all out there and openly leave their weakspots exposed.

Thank you Sadge. :happy:

I start to care less, after writing long answers and it looking as if the original poster never even read my replies (classic example here).

:sleeping:

Whoa there, easy now, I did read your reply but do understand that I've been quite busy in recent weeks to come back to the thread and respond. Advice hardly falls on deaf ears for me, especially when the other person has taken their precious time to write it out.

Whoam1

Promblem is your fighting... most Scorpios don't see the stuff they are doing. If you ignore it it will simmer down, but until the Scorpio hurts something it loves more than itself, it won't stop. Don't go to war, go to love, show compassion when they don't. It will be hard and you will get hurt. But one can't win a war if there is no war to begin with. Show them things rather than telling them, this will help distract them taking some pressure off. Sorry for being mostly ruled part of the shitty fan club of over talked about assholes. (Advice from a dominant scorpio Sun/moon midpoint and a Plutonian).

waybread

AstroAssist, I hear you.

My mother was a sun-Scorpio, and as she aged, some of the negative attributes of this sign manifested more and more.

Essentially Scorpios have weak interpersonal boundaries. They're a water sign, and as logical as they might wish to appear, they are ruled by emotions. But because the Scorpion's planetary rulers are Mars and Pluto, the emotions tend towards aggression. Combined with weak interpersonal boundaries, Scorpios essentially learn who they are in relation to other people by pushing the envelope, sometimes aggressively. They rely on the other person to say, "Stop! No further." Otherwise they will continue to push.

Of course, you have to look at the whole chart. And the person's life experience. Other chart factors can moderate the Scorpio factors.

It's a little tricky with a boss, but there is a lot of help on the Internet for employees who need to manage "up."

I once read something on Scorpio that made sense to me. Scorpios have a big need for retaliation if they feel harmed or insulted by another person. To them it's simple justice, never mind how the other person experiences it.

1. In stage one, the Scorpion lashes out with its stinger. If this doesn't have the desired effect,

2. the Scorpion stings itself. If s/he cannot change for the good, then

3. the Scorpion is poisoned by its own toxicity.

You wrote:

I think this is a lot of hoo-haw. A sign shows how or in what manner a planet operates. The sign of Scorpio is fixed water, meaning it can get pretty determined and comes from a position of emotions (which it tries to conceal.) In terms of who prevails, you might try pitting a Scorpio against a very solid Taurus (fixed earth, the immovable object.) Invisibility is the stuff of science fiction or fantasy. But maybe you meant "invincible"? But they're not. So please don't worry about this sort of thing.

Remember: Amor Vincit Omnia

Last edited:

waybread

AstroAssist, would you like to post your chart?

I used to have problems with Scorpio-type supervisors or co-workers, who seemingly were out to destroy my career. I can't say where most of their suns were, but just that they exemplified the negative traits of this sign. Then one day I realized that I am all of the planets in my chart, including my disowned Pluto. That was a huge help.

A truism of modern astrology is that we either:

1. Exemplify the positive traits of a planet,

2. Exemplify the negative traits of a planet, or

3. We disown the planet as unwanted. The suppressed, denied planet then is apt to show up as "shadow material" that gets projected onto other people who seemingly embody the negative traits of the disowned planet. Because the chart has to express itself somehow.

The solution is to get to know the unwanted planet's positive attributes, and to try to incorporate more of them into our lives.

I wonder if you've basically suppressed or disowned Pluto, Mars, or any planets that you might have in Scorpio.

Also, I once had a co-worker who was particularly nasty to me over a period of years. He was at my level, but he became bosom-buddies with our department chair, so I didn't see much point in consulting my chair about him. When I actually was leaving, as I had accepted another job offer, I finally asked this co-worker why he was so hostile to me. He honestly said that he felt threatened by me! So go figure.

So sometimes even without meaning to, we can give off vibes that threaten the other person. You may actually be a very strong person, and your boss might feel unsettled by this.

Waybread:

Given how much info I've given about myself, I won't post my chart publicly but I will PM it to you soon.

I'll have to brag a little bit here because I have to given this situation.

For a while I tried to play it down but I've been told countless times I am handsome, stand at 6'2, and have never really had to work to attract women. Naturally I've always had it easy with women and there are a few women in the office who are good looking and tend to flirt with me, even when I do not invite it.

My boss on the other hand is older, pale, and looks a lot like actor Paul Schulze (recently known as being Rawlins on Punisher, in fact that guy reminded me of my boss). He tends to brag a lot about how he was the man in college and attempts to tell stories of being a big shot with women back when he was younger.

Now I am not insulting my boss on his appearance but I think that him being much older yet having that hunger to be Hugh Hefner kind of makes him the way he is to some degree.

The one negative trait of Scorpios that goes unnoticed is that this is one highly envious sign. If you do better than one and have one in your life, they will go through every avenue to try and sabotage you. On the same token, he is even more rude to one of my coworkers who is an Asian kid with glasses. He one time looked at him during a team meeting and bragged about sleeping with an Asian woman who modeled back in college and how she told him she wasn't into Asian men.

I hate to stereotype all Scorpios, pretty sure there are some Scorpio men out there who are amazing human beings, but I have only had the misfortune of meeting the worst of this sign and it is apparent in both men and women.

I have also been looking extensively into what placements and signs match up well with Scorpios and can make a good example out of them if needed. It seems like Taurus comes up a lot and funnily enough, one of my mentors is a Taurus and a very cool guy, I respect the life out of him.

Outside of a Taurus, what other signs can do a lot of damage to a Scorpio that needs to be put in its place?

I know I will get a lot posts saying "take the high road" but I do want an answer to this, guess I have a bit of stuff in my natal chart that doesn't take kindly to terrible human beings.

I've heard that Taurus are good at dealing with Scorpios but what other signs would you recommend?

I seem to hear Leo a lot but quite frankly, I don't buy it. I think Leos, especially the men, are the type to be all bark no bite. A lot of flair but very hungry for validation and attention to the point that a Scorpio can easily toy with them.

Trump is a Gemini and he defeated Hillary Clinton who is a Scorpio so can a Gemini do the job?

magnolia8

Curse/hex this person. I'm serious. Short of physically destroying them or their possessions (which is basically impossible), that's what I'd consider doing if someone were messing with me like that.

The only practical advice I can offer is to either find another job or move into a different department if possible. I know nothing about Scorpios, so I can't comment on how to "defeat" them.

I wish I could offer more "practical" help. I'm sorry about what you're going through.

Ya I am currently in the process of looking for other jobs, moving departments is tough within the company as this person has a lot of influence. I've gone out and networked, have a couple of leads that might take me somewhere but I am set on getting out of this company because the atmosphere is so toxic. I even have a couple of coworkers who have made life a bit irritating for me.

My worry about this person is that he might try to sabotage me afterwards which is why I am trying to figure out this problematic Scorpio sign which has given me issues in the past. Before I am done here, I am going to know this sign inside and out as well as how to make people of this sign cry UNCLE at the top of their lungs.

I am sure there are excellent Scorpios out there who are good people but there is going to be a guide for how to deal with and defeat scumbags of this highly problematic sign.

Senecar

Sorry but I have never met a Scorpio person in my life. Cannot tell how they are like, so just imagining from what I read in the books.

Whoam1

I've met, my aunts three friends, my cousin. My ex friend, a peer/friend named lexi, a friend Sam. Two new friends Cecile and Clyde oh an Moira . That's ten I can lost off of the top of my head. All of them are sweet people except for my aunts on friend who can get feisty and my ex friend who needs to evolve asap. Books lie mostly, these people are confident bold smart creative dark and charming mostly. They have high morals and a innate ability to see the good and the bad in people.