mars & pluto in the 5th house

venusianone

I read that Mars, Pluto (and I have both) or even Saturn in the 5th house is quite tough placement for having children. I even read (on some serious astro page haha) that these people should consider NOT having children. Of course I don't want to take things like this for granted but it is something to consider, maybe?
Things that were mentioned were possible infertility, abortion, miscarriage painful labour, death of child, child born with some kind of defect or bad relationship with them. When it comes to other things I really enjoy this placement, but for someone thrilled with idea of having children I find this scarry. What are your thoughts? :unsure:

sibylline

Those placements can be difficult for the 5th house, depending on the chart, but I've known people who have had children (i.e more than one) and nothing out of the ordinary during pregnancy. If you want to have children, don't second guess yourself because of these placements.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I read that Mars, Pluto (and I have both) or even Saturn in the 5th house is quite tough placement for having children.
I even read (on some serious astro page haha) that these people should consider NOT having children.
Of course I don't want to take things like this for granted
but it is something to consider, maybe?
Things that were mentioned were possible infertility, abortion, miscarriage painful labour, death of child,
child born with some kind of defect or bad relationship with them.
When it comes to other things I really enjoy this placement,
but for someone thrilled with idea of having children I find this scarry.
What are your thoughts?
:unsure:
You may be worrying unnecessarily
How accurate and reliable is your time of birth?
The location of planets in horoscopic astrology is dependent on time of birth
IF that time of birth is incorrect
then the placements of planets are debateable

Also, which house system are you using?
The fact is, the house location of a natal planet can change,
dependent on the house system chosen :smile:

easily verify that fact at astro.com's Extended Chart Selection Page
there, fourteen of the more popular house systems currently in use are available options
Placidus is simply the default
to view how that works in practice
simply create a natal chart using Whole Sign Houses option
then create the same natal chart but this time using the Placidus option

EXPLANATORY ASTROLOGICAL HOUSES ARTICLE http://www.librarising.com/astrology/misc/wholesignhouses.html

'...There are at least twenty or thirty different house systems
or means of dividing the so-called "birthchart" into twelve segments of life activity.
In astrology, houses, mansions, or domains, represent general areas of life activity
and are the grounding areas or arenas of expression for planets.
Originally, the words "houses" and "signs" were interchangeable.
A planet in Aries was also a planet in the house of Aries,
so that in effect there were no real houses as we know them today....'

'….Artificial divisions now known as houses
were attempts by early Greeks and Hindus to measure strength "points" in the horoscope

which during 7th and 8th centuries AD were construed or confused as means of dividing the birth chart.
The ascendant and midheaven degrees and their opposites were definite power points or areas of intense focus
but not necessarily the beginnings of a house or quadrant....'

Lin

If you have these placements then I would have to see your chart, because sign, ruler of house, placement of ruler of house, aspects to each or both planets, how close the Pluto and Mars are in the house....all have individual meanings.
Generalization about this subject is very unwise.

LIN