How to handle the challenges and opportunities in my chart?

K

Kex

I have been into astrology for a while now and I pretty much know all the basics "houses, planets etc, but not much from my actual chart...so now I would like to start getting more information on my chart. I'm really interested in knowing as much as I can from my chart. Whether its personality, relationships, careers, strengths, weaknesses, etc...any input would be great. I would also like to know what my aspect configuration is called.."Grand Trine" Grand Cross T Square etc...I'd really appreciate it. This stuff is so interesting. :)

Also...I have some bad aspects like Sun in 12th house that I am struggling to overcome...and trouble overall with the 5th house in Saturn...this has given me problems in my life so far and I would like advice on how to overcome and deal with these challenges. Having fun and letting go has been difficult for me and has made me miss out on alot of fun times that I have regretted.

1z36jrd.jpg

Last edited:

wilsontc

Staff member
some stuff, to Kex

Kex,

Since you have Pluto (transformation, also power) conjunct (energy is combined with) your IC (inner world), you have a deep "power base" that you use to base your inner awareness on. With most of your planets focused in the 5th house (self-expression), self-expression is very important to you.

Saying stuff, ;)

Tim

EJ53

Banned
Re: I need interpretations for my chart

Kex,

Our last posts appear to have crossed. I see now that your objective is to learn how to deal/live with/use your chart rather than to do a basic interpretation. I shall delete my previous posts, as they now serve no purpose - and get on with the business of looking at your chart.

Cheers.

EJ

wilsontc

Staff member
Saturn in the 5th, to Kex

Kex,

You said:
I have a real difficult time expressing myself around other people, just like the Saturn in 5th house says...how can I overcome this?

Saturn (duty, also structure, restriction) focused in the 5th house (self-expression) can indicate a restricted self-expression, but it also indicates a need to STRUCTURE your self-expression. That means that you express yourself best where there is some kind of a formal structure to your self-expression. This suggests that you do best in a situation where you have a chance to PLAN OUT your self-expression. Perhaps, since the 5th house is also associated with the performing arts, you might find some type of "on stage" action helps you to better focus and structure the way you express yourself to others.

Continuing this thought, Pluto is also associated with "research", so you could do deep "inner research" to help you best structure your performance and "give your all" to the audience.

Suggesting,

Tim

EJ53

Banned

Kex said:
I'd like to know how to overcome and deal with some challenging aspects like having Saturn in the 5th house, this has affected me in a negative way so far when it comes to just having fun and being spontaneous (taking action). It's really frustrating when I have to try hard just to have fun and have a good time...even then I have failed to have fun sometimes when I am out doing something that I enjoy (as odd as that sounds its been true)..It seems like something is making me overthink things all the time.

Kex,

I think you also need to look at Mercury to understand this problem. It is the ruler of your chart, is on the ascendant but in the 12th house, makes difficult aspects to Pluto/Neptune in 4th/5th houses and is disposited by the sun - ruler of the ascendant - in Cancer/12th house. By progression, it also went retrograde at the age of 3 and remains so until you're 30.

In essence, individuals with Leo ascendants are normally ruled by the sun - often making them outgoing/confident/fun-loving and at ease in the company of others. They act from the heart and are welcome everywhere because "what you see is what you get" with them.

However, the closeness of mercury to your ascendant makes it the chart ruler rather than the sun - making your actions more mental rather than physical. Effectively, that would make you a "thinker rather than a doer" at social gatherings. And, because mercury is not well-aspected by Pluto/Nep and is in the 12th house (isolation) - you're probably thinking the wrong way when in the company of others. My guess is that you may be overly self-conscious in social gatherings and mentally assess yourself (unfavourably) against others in your company. But, as the dispositor of Mercury, your sun (heart) wants/drives you to stop the mental censorship and just enjoy yourself - as it would do if it was your ruler. Astrologically then, that is the solution to the problem of "overthinking", but you know this already in your heart (and state it in words at the end of your quoted comment above).

Let me know whether or not you have already analysed this in your chart - as I am still not entirely sure where to pitch my comments. (Your chart does indicate that you are likely to "hide your light under a bushel" because you do not realise how much you know.)

EJ

EJ53

Banned
Let's deal with Chiron next - which you may have done yourself already, but a second opinion will do no harm.

You have this planet in Gemini/11th house - so, the focus is probably upon communicating within groups and the effect of chiron will be to hinder that process in some way, due to a psychological "wound" that you received in childhood. Since chiron wounds never heal, this is something you must learn to live with/accept about yourself.

Chiron in Gemini creates a deep-seated feeling of being socially inept and/or not as intelligent/articulate as others - no doubt adding to the Mercury difficulties discussed in my last post.

(Rest assured that it DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU ARE SO, only that you feel that way. Indeed, I know from your postings that you are articulate - but, this wound will stop you from accepting that no matter what anyone says.)

It's not difficult to see how this feeling will hinder group communications - but the solution is to recognise that those who you look up to/admire for their intelligence/articulateness/social ease are only mirroring the exact same qualities that you have yourself, but are failing to acknowledge/accept. So, now we are back to the previous post comment about the sun's aim to stop you "hiding your light under a bushel".

And, the good news is that this wound drives you to think much more deeply than others (because you believe you need to) and to try harder than most to understand yourself/the world around you. So, whilst it might not seem that way now, you should eventually display the qualities of a "thinking" sun chart ruler - someone at ease in company and having the self-understanding or knowledge to help others.

EJ

Last edited:

EJ53

Banned

Kex said:
Mercury Square Pluto...I do seem to be outspoken when it comes to my opinions, impatient, and impulsive at times. People do seem to listen to what I have to say when I speak..I also tend to live inside my head and analyze everything and other people.

Now let's go back to that Mercury/Neptune/Pluto configuration - known as a "Large Learning Triangle" and (as you might expect) is about counsciousness, learning and development.

Those with learning triangles in their chart tend to encounter its problems until they learn from them - so, this is a configuration you should try hard to understand/overcome. And, be aware that it will make you actively seek the related problems/confrontations needed to do so.

For example, I also have an exact Pluto/Mercury square which operates just as you describe - but it has also made me relish intellectual confrontation in the past. Eventually it dawned on me that intense arguments are emotionally draining, socially isolating and not the best way to learn - but, until then I was proud of my ability/courage to intellectually challenge others. (And note here your admission to liking the traits of that sun/mars opposition.)

Since this Mercury/Neptune/Pluto triangle has its planets almost at the same degree of their respective signs and it is a dominant feature of the chart, the related problems will arise whenever a planet (or house cusp) progresses or transits over 4-5 degrees of any zodiac sign. So, those occasions will provide an ideal opportunity to learn about yourself and overcome those Mercury difficulties. Make sure you don't miss them!

Cheers.

EJ

K

Kex

EJ53 said:
Kex,

I think you also need to look at Mercury to understand this problem. It is the ruler of your chart, is on the ascendant but in the 12th house, makes difficult aspects to Pluto/Neptune in 4th/5th houses and is disposited by the sun - ruler of the ascendant - in Cancer/12th house. By progression, it also went retrograde at the age of 3 and remains so until you're 30.

In essence, individuals with Leo ascendants are normally ruled by the sun - often making them outgoing/confident/fun-loving and at ease in the company of others. They act from the heart and are welcome everywhere because "what you see is what you get" with them.

However, the closeness of mercury to your ascendant makes it the chart ruler rather than the sun - making your actions more mental rather than physical. Effectively, that would make you a "thinker rather than a doer" at social gatherings. And, because mercury is not well-aspected by Pluto/Nep and is in the 12th house (isolation) - you're probably thinking the wrong way when in the company of others. My guess is that you may be overly self-conscious in social gatherings and mentally assess yourself (unfavourably) against others in your company. But, as the dispositor of Mercury, your sun (heart) wants/drives you to stop the mental censorship and just enjoy yourself - as it would do if it was your ruler. Astrologically then, that is the solution to the problem of "overthinking", but you know this already in your heart (and state it in words at the end of your quoted comment above).

Let me know whether or not you have already analysed this in your chart - as I am still not entirely sure where to pitch my comments. (Your chart does indicate that you are likely to "hide your light under a bushel" because you do not realise how much you know.)

EJ

This is so true...it's really frustrating for me, I want to overcome this so bad...I'm tired of being my own worst enemy and causing myself pain and depression through all the over thinking and negative thoughts...What else can I do to help overcome all these bad aspects? I can't help but ask myself "why do I have so many challenges and obstacles to overcome?"

By the way EJ, I appreciate all the help you have been giving so far in analyzing my chart to help me out.

starlink

This is a very good observation EJ53! and few people really notice planets going direct or retrograde by progression. The retrogradation of Mercury could have a had a big impact (have a look what else happened at that age and why you turned inwards. Maybe if you understand where it originated, you will be able to overcome this self-consciousness).More often than not it is not really about how do I overcome this with the help of maybe other positive aspects in the natal chart, but where does it come from, why did I become to be like that that really can help. Only then you will be able to use the positive aspects of your chart.

Starlink.

EJ53

Banned

Kex said:
why do I have so many challenges and obstacles to overcome?

Look at the Moon Nodes for the answer to that.

You have the North Node (NN) in Leo/9th house and South Node (SN) in Libra/3rd house - as these points always oppose each other exactly in a chart. I view the SN as behavioural patterns that we should be letting go of and the NN as behaviour patterns to develop - but, there are several views on the purpose of the Nodes amongst astrologers. Find one that works for you, as each can point you in a different direction.

For me though, your NN points to a need to be more independent/less reliant upon relationships or what others think of you. Service to others may be your motvation, but the first priority must be yourself - to develop the confidence and inner harmony needed not to defer to the views of others who know less than you believe they do. (And I am still conscious here of the fact that you may know more about astrology than me.)

The many challenges/obstacles you must overcome are the key to changing your behaviour from SN to NN patterns.

PS. Check your private mail folder, Kex - I've left an off-topic message for you there.

Last edited:

EJ53

Banned
Kex said:
I would also like to know what my aspect configuration is called..

I use only close orbs to identify aspect configurations (planetary pictures). So, my focus would be upon that large learning triangle of mercury/neptune and pluto.

However, as it is your chart/life we are talking about, you might want to use a wider orb. For example, a 6 degree orb for all aspects would show :-

A T-Square consisting of moon/jupiter/uranus.
Another large learning triangle consisting of moon/venus/jupiter.
A Dominant Triangle consisting of venus/jupiter/uranus.

From what you've said, these do seem to be active - so, why not have a go at interpreting/relating them to your life to date?

Also, as Starlink has pointed out, something may have happened at the age of 3 which is affecting you now - but only you can determine what that was?

EJ

Last edited: