⚠️ What Astrologers say and write about Horary enquiries⚠️

Sky2020

Good Evening Astrologers and Students in Astrology,

I’ve been reading about astrology to understand my chart and also to understand how to interpret ‘Horary’ and ‘Event’ charts.

I don’t own books about Astrology... I’m an ‘unemployed’ student; therefore, I must make this year/this new Decade about ‘being very careful’ how I spend the monies I have in order to -hopefully- make my dream a ‘reality’.

Firstly, by now most English speakers would have immediately noticed that my englìsh is not 100% perfect -please accept my apology for the grammatical errors, etcetera...

Secondly, I have asked an horary question that I’m struggling to fully answer by myself -but despite my very little knowledge, I can see certain things in the chart; or perhaps, I see what I see because I am 100% certain of the identity of the culprit.

Lastly, and most important: I keep reading that an Horary chart must:
1. Not be interpreted/read by the person who drew the chart unless that person is an Astrologer or very well versed about all matters pertaining to Astrology;
2. The time and place of the chart -if the person is not an Astrologer or very well versed in Astrology- must be replaced by the time and place that the Astrologer received AND understood the question.

The above is what I read on the Internet by well known Astrologer -I haven’t yet been able to buy their books (many of them are long dead) but “Thank You ‘Google’ for allowing me to gain access to so many fantastic websites” 🙂👍

Do you agree with the above? That is, do you agree that an Horary Chart only becomes valid by the time that an Astrologer and/or a great student in Astrology receive and understand the question and this means that the time and place of the question must be changed according to the time the Astrologer and/or the student with the equivalent of a Degree or Master degree receives the question AND THEN the ‘time and date and place’ of that question must changed depending on where in the world the Astrologer and/or Master student receives the question?

One more question:
I read many articles that all claim that the Horary question:
1. Obviously be phrased so the question becomes a ‘Yes or No question’;
2. Far more information not included in the question can be seen in the Horary chart; that is, one Horary ‘Yes or Not question can reveal far more.

I look forward to read your reply.

I will post the chart once I figure out how to do so without revealing the true identity of the person.

In the meantime, I look forward to read your replies; and, I wish this Astrology community a fulfilling and Happy 2020 but most importantly a New Decade that will bring us many positive thoughts to help us turn our dream into a reality.

Much love and happy thoughts and may we attract AND make true our most important project during this new year AND new decade 🙏🏼

SKY 🙂

Osamenor

Staff member
Re: ⚠️ What Astrologers say and write about Horary enquiries⚠️

Sky,

Here at Astrology Weekly, anyone asking a horary question is required to cast and post the chart themself. Others can then interpret the chart, but if all you did was ask people to cast the chart for you, you would get multiple horary charts for the same question, which would make all the charts invalid.

For a horary chart to be valid, it has to be the only chart cast for the question. People here are all over the world, and they'd see your question at different times. The different times and locations would make for different charts with different houses.

If you were consulting a horary astrologer one-on-one, that's when the rule that they should cast the chart for when they understood the question would apply. In that case, there's only one person involved in the horary interpretation, so there will only be one chart. The confusion is eliminated.

Because this is a learning site, not an astrology service, there's no requirement here that people must be professionals or well versed in horary to interpret a horary chart. Again, if you were using an astrology service, it would be necessary for the person you're consulting to be someone who knows horary very, very well. But here, people aren't providing you a service, they're practicing their skills for themselves. As long as they know the basic rules of horary--like it sounds like you do--and they're making an attempt to learn, they may answer the question.

So if you have a lot at stake in this question and you intend to use the answer(s) you get to decide how to act, this isn't the right place to ask it. If you're more interested in learning the astrology behind the answer, then this is the right place.

If you decide to post your question and chart, please start a separate thread for that. This one is a horary technique question. I moved it to the right section for that.

Explaining,
Osamenor

AJ Astrology

Lastly, and most important: I keep reading that an Horary chart must:
1. Not be interpreted/read by the person who drew the chart unless that person is an Astrologer or very well versed about all matters pertaining to Astrology;
2. The time and place of the chart -if the person is not an Astrologer or very well versed in Astrology- must be replaced by the time and place that the Astrologer received AND understood the question.

Hi Sky2020,

You should probably stop reading websites.

There is no prohibition about reading your own chart. There is common sense, though. A great many people simply cannot be objective when reading their own natal or horary chart.

It's an issue of confirmation bias: they see only what they want to see.

You need only look at horary charts in the relationship forum to see that. People really stretch and claw to make something that isn't going to happen, happen, because they want it to happen.

People have a general tendency to look at the positive things while totally ignoring the negative things.

Charts are always cast on location. If you already cast a chart for a question at your location, then that's the chart that should be used.

If you're sitting down with an astrologer, then yes, the astrologer will cast it for that location.

If you're talking on the phone with an astrologer, then the astrologer is very likely to cast the chart at their location, exactly when they come to understand the question you're asking.

That is likely too if you send an e-mail. When the astrologer reads the e-mail and comes to understand what it is you're asking, they will cast the chart at that time and location.

Secondly, I have asked an horary question that I’m struggling to fully answer by myself -but despite my very little knowledge, I can see certain things in the chart; or perhaps, I see what I see because I am 100% certain of the identity of the culprit.

Then post the chart and let us look at it.

One more question:
I read many articles that all claim that the Horary question:
1. Obviously be phrased so the question becomes a ‘Yes or No question’;

That's what really bad astrologers say.

You can ask me, "Tell me about my life" and I can cast a chart and read it. That's a H1 question. I'd probably cast your natal chart, too, because an horary will never contradict a natal chart, but I can tell you things in the immediate future, some in the near future and a little less about the far future, but that's only because I'm not very good at judging time, which is not an easy thing to do.

Fact is most questions resolve to yes/no naturally: Should I buy this house? Is there something wrong with this land I want to buy? Should I marry him/her? Is the rumor true? Will I get the job? Should I make this investment? etc etc.

But, there are many open-ended questions: What will be the outcome?

That's a H4 question and the answer is not yes/no.

2. Far more information not included in the question can be seen in the Horary chart; that is, one Horary ‘Yes or Not question can reveal far more.

If you don't want it known, don't cast it.

An horary chart will tell a lot about you, what's happened recently, and what's going to happen. And that's just the chart. When you start turning it to look at derived houses, you can see a lot more.

waybread

I think the Internet has also changed a lot of the rules about the proper time of the chart.

In the olden days, an astrologer might receive a question by letter, with no idea when it was first asked. 50 years ago, a professional astrologer might receive a question by telephone, with the querent unclear or evasive about the real question. So it might take a while for the astrologer to clarify the question, with no true time being possible from the querent.

Just for example, the querent might ask, "Will I ever get married?" On the surface, this isn't really a valid question because no question is good for the next couple of decades, and it is pretty vague. Possibly what the querent actually means is, "My BF and I are getting more serious. Will he ask me to marry him this year?" This question is specific enough to answer, but it might take the astrologer some time to get this as the true question.

A lot of the old strictures against reading a chart are today seen more as cautions. By analogy, they're not a red light, but perhaps a blinking amber light.

For example, a void-of-the-course moon wouldn't invalidate a chart but might indicate that the hoped-for event wouldn't happen.

A valid chart should tell a story that looks like the question and any narrative behind it. To understand the story, though, you have to learn about planetary rulerships.

The main thing is that the question has to be clear and unambiguous. If the question is vague or confusing, you cannot answer it. A clear question often will have a "yes or no" answer."

But not always. In a medical horary question, the querent might ask about the nature of an illness that has been difficult to diagnose.

A clear question might be, "Why did my best friend 'ghost' me yesterday when we had serious plans to go to a concert together?" There are several possible explanations here.

Last edited:

Sky2020

Wow, I didn’t expect so many replies.
All the replies were very useful.
Thank you all so much for taking the time to educate me :)
I will post the chart once I work out how to do so.
Many thanks my dear AstrologyWeekly Astrologers and forum members.

Sky 🙂😍