Real Estate question

chappygirl

Hi all,

I was reading some old posts on real estate horaries and I have a few questions.

I read for example that price ruler should not be exalted or in domicile because it means the price is too high.
Also that 4th ruler weak should be avoided. Finally, stronger 7th house would mean that the seller has the upper hand.

Would such placements still have the same meaning if the question asked is "will we find a house we like?" where querents (friends) want to know if they will find a house that:

- is budget-friendly: then, is a strong 10th ruler indicative of a price that is good to their budget or too high for what the house is worth?

- they can renovate themselves: is a 4th ruler weak ok then? also, if they are looking for a good opportunity to refurb a home, is a 10th house 1st/5th rulers-combustion positive or unfortunate?

- would enable them to relocate far away from where they live: if they cant find a house they like, obviously, they wont be able to relocate. Thus, would a 7th strong ruler point to a seller having the upper hand or to the success of the relocation?

thanks!

Last edited:

Culpeper

Premium Member
The first house represents the buyer. In all cases it should have a strong unafflicted ruling planet. The second house is your agent if you have one. The seventh house is the seller, and the eighth house is his agent. If the seventh house ruler is weak or afflicted, the seller may be willing to negotiate and come down on the price. The fourth house is the real estate itself. If the ruler is afflicted so is the property. The tenth house is the price. If the tenth house ruler is well placed the price will be high. Also look at the second and eighth houses for financing. The rules do not change. If you are looking for a house to fix up the condition and price should reflect this.

Financing is an important issue. I have been trying to sell a large country house with additional land for several years. It needs work and is priced accordingly. There have been many potential buyers but the say the banks will not give them a loan on it. They want me to finance it for them, but there is a co-owner, and he refuses to do that or do any work on it. If the work were done it would resell for more than twice the present price.

These are the complications of real estate. When doing astrology for this, I use whole sign houses.

chappygirl

They want me to finance it for them, but there is a co-owner, and he refuses to do that or do any work on it. If the work were done it would resell for more than twice the present price
I am sorry you have to go through that. Hope it will be sorted out in your favor soon.

The first house represents the buyer. In all cases it should have a strong unafflicted ruling planet. The second house is your agent if you have one. The seventh house is the seller, and the eighth house is his agent. If the seventh house ruler is weak or afflicted, the seller may be willing to negotiate and come down on the price. The fourth house is the real estate itself. If the ruler is afflicted so is the property. The tenth house is the price. If the tenth house ruler is well placed the price will be high. Also look at the second and eighth houses for financing. The rules do not change. If you are looking for a house to fix up the condition and price should reflect this.

So if I understand you, the "rules" dont change if the question asked is whether or not they will find a budget friendly home to renovate that would allow them to relocate at a lower cost?

For example, in the chart, 7th ruler is in domicile and angular in his own house. Is it the seller or the relocation?

10th ruler is in domicile too yet cadent: does it mean they will find an overpriced house or that they will find a budget friendly house as desired?

Also, Querents are conjunct MC, in 10th, but combust sun, which is also 5th ruler: is it debilitating or a positive indication that querents will find a house that needs renovating, as they desire?

in short, do the motives that lead to the question here should prevail on the usual rules of a "will i buy the house?" where, for example, a 10th strong ruler means that the inquired house is overpriced etc?

Last edited:

Culpeper

Premium Member
If the 10th ruler is cadent, this indicates a lower price. This might be due to poor location rather than condition since the ruler is in its home sign. The 4th house ruler will indicate the condition. Combustion is an indication of invisibility. If the buyer's significator is combust, they may have difficulty getting the sellers attention. The 7th house is the seller. If there is a strong significator, the seller is in a good position and will not sell unless they get what the want for the real estate. The buyer will probably not get a bargain.

chappygirl

Thanks Culpeper.

If the 10th ruler is cadent, this indicates a lower price. This might be due to poor location rather than condition since the ruler is in its home sign.
OK

The 4th house ruler will indicate the condition.
Moon in Libra in 6th so not in a good shape but that is what they expect.

Combustion is an indication of invisibility. If the buyer's significator is combust, they may have difficulty getting the sellers attention.
If they cant get the seller s attention, would that mean that they still buy?

The 7th house is the seller. If there is a strong significator, the seller is in a good position and will not sell unless they get what the want for the real estate. The buyer will probably not get a bargain.
OK

thanks!!

will update if they find something!

chappygirl

Thanks Culpeper.

OK

Moon in Libra in 6th so not in a good shape but that is what they expect.

If they cant get the seller s attention, would that mean that they still buy?

OK

thanks!!

will update if they find something!

Hello

As an update: in november 2018, they found a house to renovate with a good price!

Last edited: