Thread on Midpoints

Kitchy

Banned
I only use them for composite charts. Meeting points that create a position of planet and degree of each of the two-party planets. I find them most useful when they are exclusive to the same planets, especially sun / moon. The absolute middle of combined degrees added together and divided by two.

Do a chart for yourself and a person of of your choosing then cast a composite (AD calculates the midponts for you.) You'll see a composite chart that is a making of your and the other's meeting points. It is essentially a new entity of the two of you together.

katydid

Midpoints indicate EVERYTHING. What is a T-square? What is a Grand Trine? The planetary configurations are based solely upon MIDPOINTS. A T-square means that a 3rd planet is at the midpoint of an opposition. A grand trine means a 3rd planet is at the midpoint of the trine. Same with Yods.

Configurations would not exist without midpoints. Midpoints are everything in a chart, in my opinion. Midpoints represent the point in space that gets the brunt of planetary energy between two planets. Very powerful!:ninja:

Last edited:

Dubyadude1986

I am having a hard time using them in natal charts.

I understand how they can form a relationship between two different charts, it confuses me that midpoints can activate in a single chart.

katydid

KD - what would the midpoint of a t-square venus 18 scorp -moon 14 aquarius -saturn 12 leo be in natal chart?

The midpoint of the opposition would be 13 degrees Taurus/Scorpio. An exact Tsquare would have the trigger planet at 13 degrees. So the Venus in Scorpio is about 5 degrees from exact.

katydid

I understand how they can form a relationship between two different charts, it confuses me that midpoints can activate in a single chart.

My Sun is 0 degrees34 minutes Scorpio. My Moon is 3 Degrees Capricorn.

They are in a sextile. My Venus is @ 2 degrees Sag. So it is at the exact Midpoint of my Sun/Moon. Venus rules my Taurus ascendant, and is in the 7th. So having it as the midpoint of the lights is very powerful.

Venus is semisextiee the Sun and Semisextiee the Moon. Normally that would not sound that important. But given that it is the exact midpoint of the two lights, it is heightened.

edit---love how auto correct changes 'semisextile' to semisextiee...lol

katydid

You can 'eyeball' the important ones by looking at the colored lines drawing in the aspects. Many trines have sextile from both sides, for example.

Dubyadude1986

Ok, thanks Katy.

I have a Scorpio/Capricorn Moon/Sun pair but reversed. We do get long really well.

I was reading, for example, the midpoint of the Sun and the Moon would be halfway between.

That is pretty simple, but I overthink it..

For the forum: check this out

"Midpoints can be calculated for any chart--whether it's a natal chart, transit chart, progressed chart, composite chart, and so forth. They reveal further information about a chart."

https://www.cafeastrology.com/astrologytopics/midpoints.html

Katy isn't kidding when she says that these can be powerful. I need to learn the math with the orbs...