Share your experiences of Saturn transit in the 12th house.

virgo18

How did you overcome Saturn transiting your 12th?
Did you cleared your life from people and things that were empty?
Did your most hertfelt desires expired and now they have no significance? But at the same time you don't know in what to believe, and you don't have defined path to take in your life?
Do you experience deep guilty feelings for things you done in the past, for things you have done to yourself?

I'll share my experience since the transit began:
I just want to be alone all the time. I don't want to do anything that requieres energy mental or physical cause I feel a lack of it. I don't have any impetu, or If I have it... it is just to make erratic decitions that later I feel guilty about.
I have a lot of nightmares, odd dreams where I experience strong negative emotions of loss, stress, desperation etc.
People of the past with who I experience a bad relationship are starting to appear in my dreams, so I realized that I haven't really resolve those relationships after.
Luckly: they are people I don't see anymore, and they don't have any presence in my life, BUT: Just the feeling they let deep in my soul, and that I didn't resolve.
Breakups of partners, friends, family members, and lot of fears are coming out to the conscious, ready to be cutted out from my life.

This transit will remain a year and a half more for me.
I read that If you make a good cleanse of those negative unresolved issues, then, when Saturn enters to your 1st it will reward you qith positive stuff.
On the other hand, If you let unresolved things again, you will have to beat them face to face hen Saturn enters the 1st, and it will be a nasty experience.

Last edited:

Moondancing

Premium Member
Robert Hand says it best. "Do not judge or evaluate; simply observe and recognize."

After eleven years of marriage Saturn in the 12th gave me time to reflect on what was not working and what I valued in my life. My husband was a partier and I decided to cut myself off from that life and stay home. It was hard to face because I learned not only did my husband not care but neither did the people I came to know in his circle of friends. I had to ground myself in the belief I wanted to be true to myself and gently let go those who didn't want to come along. When Saturn hit the Asc. I filed for divorce. Can't put into words how liberated I felt. I started my own dressmaking business and learned how very strong I was. Many thought I was going down in flames cause I came across as a shy, weak person but it was not what rose from the ashes of the 12th house.

virgo18

Dear Moondancing:

I am glad you got rid from your ex husband, and start seeing into yourself and what you wanted without looking back.
One of the most important things I read in my research for this transit is that you have to let go anyone and everything that starts giving you signals that your should leave them. You have to cut off any ill situation that doesn't gives you a good thing anymore.
If you hold on into ill relationships or situations during the transit, then the same situation (or another one) will smack you in the face worst when Saturn enters the 1st.

Glinda

Robert Hand says it best. "Do not judge or evaluate; simply observe and recognize."

After eleven years of marriage Saturn in the 12th gave me time to reflect on what was not working and what I valued in my life. My husband was a partier and I decided to cut myself off from that life and stay home. It was hard to face because I learned not only did my husband not care but neither did the people I came to know in his circle of friends. I had to ground myself in the belief I wanted to be true to myself and gently let go those who didn't want to come along. When Saturn hit the Asc. I filed for divorce. Can't put into words how liberated I felt. I started my own dressmaking business and learned how very strong I was. Many thought I was going down in flames cause I came across as a shy, weak person but it was not what rose from the ashes of the 12th house.

I wish I could say that about myself too :sad: after divorce I felt and still feel like a looser. I am not able to start a new life, because I have no energy.

DreamingTheSeas

-Husband had a serius heart surgery in May 2013 but thing gone very well. Those 2 weeks that he was in hospital, in a city a little far from our city, i was with him, and i was very upset that i was away from my little daughter,, who was in fever for a week.
-Mother had a serius a nervous breakdown in late November 2013 and im still anxius for her.
-Financial difficulties are on the screen for several months now, i dont have food or roof issues, but i had to limited to the very down aour lifestyle.
-Father has some health problems this last moth but i dont know if they are serius or not.

Thats my story with Saturn transit my 12th house.

P.S. Will things get harder or better when Saturn will transit 1st house?

Moondancing

Premium Member
I wish I could say that about myself too :sad: after divorce I felt and still feel like a looser. I am not able to start a new life, because I have no energy.

Reread the quote by Robert Hand I posted. It's crucial. The more you cling to the belief your a loser the more and more you make it a reality. Why do that to yourself? You have to let it go, Glinda! You're the only one who can. Be committed to good mental health. It is hard, hard work but the other road only leads to nowhere.

Cheers to good health!

Last edited:

virgo18

-Husband had a serius heart surgery in May 2013 but thing gone very well. Those 2 weeks that he was in hospital, in a city a little far from our city, i was with him, and i was very upset that i was away from my little daughter,, who was in fever for a week.
-Mother had a serius a nervous breakdown in late November 2013 and im still anxius for her.
-Financial difficulties are on the screen for several months now, i dont have food or roof issues, but i had to limited to the very down aour lifestyle.
-Father has some health problems this last moth but i dont know if they are serius or not.

Thats my story with Saturn transit my 12th house.

P.S. Will things get harder or better when Saturn will transit 1st house?

Things get harder or better when Saturn reach the 1st?
It depends on how you let go things that Saturn take out of your life. As I said: If you hold on into negative relationships and situations: then Saturn will bring more and more of the same negative situations when it reach the 1st, until you really learn about them.
If you make a good cleanse of negative or unuseful stuff, then you'll be positively rewarded when Saturn enters your 1st.

Im so impressed by your story during the transit
It was Saturn aspecting your 7th, 4th, and 2nd rulers?

Saturn retrogade now in my 12th is aspecting my Venus, Pluto and Moon. Pluto rules my 12th. But Venus rules my 6th and 11th:
I lost a lot of friends, and not because of problems with them, it was because I found most of them very superficial:
friends I thought they were real and loyal, became distant and somewhat backstabbers, so I quitted hanging out with them, because I was more stressed around them than enjoying their companion. Also the jobs I had recently went down, because of lack of organization, or because they couldn't pay me as I want. As Venus rules romance in general, I also have a breakup with someone I thooght it was the one. Then I realized he wasn't the one because he didn't appreaciate me as I am.
The Moon rules my 8th and sits in my 5th/6th... The job, and romance thing + I need to make a transformation in my life.

I have a water mystical rectangle and T saturn is trining it. That's why I think it is making me more mature in a positive way, removing all the junk that was blocking my growth.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Robert Hand says it best.
"Do not judge or evaluate; simply observe and recognize."

9 December 2013 ROB HAND INTERVIEW :smile: http://theastrologypodcast.com/2013/12/09/robert-hand-reconciling-modern-traditional-astrology/

Erulastiel14

Transit Saturn is in my 12th house although it is at the tail end. My Sun and Mercury-Pluto conjunction are all in my 12th house. Also transit Saturn is following the same path as my progressed Moon they entered my 12th house and hit my Mercury-Pluto conjunction at about the same time. Not fun. At all.:sad:

I am about to finish my last year of grad school and I was panicked I was going to flunk out because I was in a depression so deep I could barely function. I had to go on medication for anxiety-related depression. To give a little context, my family and home life was turned upside down 2 years ago (thanks to Uranus transiting my 4th) and the emotions of that and the reality that I will be in the work force soon all hit me. It didn't help that I had no energy.

I still have no energy but I've learned to work within my limits because I have no other option LOL. I also want to be alone more than usual. I'm studying for the bar in a couple months and I'm working on having everything else taken care of because I know I will not have energy for anything else.

My astrologer said Saturn in the 12th is about finishing unfinished business, for me which is law school. Around the time I take the bar Saturn will move into my 1st.

I haven't had to let go of people because few people make it into my inner circle anyway LOL. But it has been solidified. Saturn has taught me how to accept life as it happens. I've had to learn to let go and let things happen as they will. I was forced to because I don't have the energy to do anything anyways LOL.

Both Saturn and pMoon in the 12th are about ridding the unconscious of mentalities that no longer work to get ready for a new cycle. That's why it's advisable to pay attention to dreams during this time. I've realized a lot of mentalities I need to let go of, which has been liberating. I've also come to terms with how my life has changed in the past couple years. I don't necessarily like it but I've accepted there is no going back and I'm ready to move forward.

As for Saturn in the 1st my astrologer said it can be a traumatic point in a person's life. The book Saturn in Transit also says that. It's the beginning of a new cycle. For me it's about moving into the workforce and beginning my career. I want to work abroad so hopefully I'll be able to do that in the next 2-3 years. I hope Saturn being in my 1st is better than in my 12th but I'm trying not to worry about it too much. I've got enough on my plate right now.

I've got Venus, Saturn and Uranus in my 1st so we'll see how that goes.

Last edited:

Flapjacks

Saturn transit my 12th house (ruled by Rx Mars in the 8th Capricorn, Saturn ruling the 8th and natally located in the 6th house Sag opposed ASC) when I was 12 years old. My NN in 12 house Aries is 2 degrees from the cusp, so Saturn was conjunct NN at the beginning of this transit.

My mother left my stepfather, and he took all our valuables and sold them, kicked us out of the house and we ended staying at homeless shelters and relatives' houses on and off for the next year. It was like being dragged through the underbelly of society, and I was unprepared (I don't think I could have been prepared).

We ended up living in a community that was totally different culturally from the one I grew up in (Saturn in Sag conjunct DSC seems to speak for this); and we were very poor. I tried to fit in but it was very difficult and I was kicked out of public school for hiding in bathrooms and refusing to attend. I was sent to various alternative schools and couldn't make friends anywhere. Then we lived in a hotel room for 6 months, where I did nothing all day. I never felt such loneliness. I tried to conjure up imaginary friends but I was frustrated that I couldn't convince myself they were real!

Through all that, I'd gone from being a brash, talkative, temperamental, inspired and stubborn child to depressed, morose, passive, withdrawn, shy and insecure. My personality did an apparent 180, and I was put on medication for depression through all this. Some terrible things happened near the end of the transit when t. Saturn went Rx just before crossing the ASC, and I was forced to confront deep fears, to see myself as I really was, and it hit me so hard I actually fell down when it happened. Seeds for change were sown.

While Saturn was conjunct my ASC in Gemini, I was the most quiet, but things were actually improving quite a bit. I was like a fly on the wall, observing everyone around me, but starting to participate in life again with a new perspective. Emotional problems that I'd had for a long time before the 12th house transit, also started to disappear. I started to really become accepting.

As Saturn entered my 1st house, I started to focus on school again and build confidence; by the end of that transit, I felt like I was "me" again. I went to a normal high school and my mother and I have not been homeless or had such trying times since.

However I was as new me. I wasn't quite-so stubborn, or brash... or inspired. But I was able to make friends easily, and do well in school which was never the case before. I didn't have panic attacks anymore, or obsess over things. I was more normal. Which is kind of a blessing and a curse; but in a word, I had stability in ways I never had before. And I think that was signified by this transit and all the trials that came with it... to really understand and be thankful for stability and to know what it means to lose it; to let go of a lot of fear after walking through the fire (and to note, while Saturn was trekking through the 12th, t. Pluto passed over my natal Saturn and DSC... finishing that transit as Saturn entered my 1st house).

Last edited:

Bunraku

My friend's Saturn transit landed him in a mental institution where he was questioned for hours (probably to test his sanity). He voiced his concerns about the shootings by joking about it (which wasn't a wise move), and some one told on him. This was also the time where he was walking on eggshells with the public school system. After returning to school from his temporary detainment, the teacher read one of his poems and claimed it was too dark and showed it to the principal and he got in trouble again. This was when everyone got fed up with the school system.

When it transited his 1st house, all of that stuff started to go away and he's started working harder in academics and etc.

Flapjacks

My friend's Saturn transit landed him in a mental institution where he was questioned for hours (probably to test his sanity). He voiced his concerns about the shootings by joking about it (which wasn't a wise move), and some one told on him. This was also the time where he was walking on eggshells with the public school system. After returning to school from his temporary detainment, the teacher read one of his poems and claimed it was too dark and showed it to the principal and he got in trouble again. This was when everyone got fed up with the school system.

When it transited his 1st house, all of that stuff started to go away and he's started working harder in academics and etc.

Sounds about right! I got sent for a mental health evaluation because I sat on a balcony to look at the sky (literally, the only place I could go to see the sky where I was) and this was interpreted as trying to jump off the building (being in a shelter feels like being in prison... there were even bars on the windows at that one).

Of course the psychologist rolled his eyes at their assumption and told me that if I ever needed to vent, give him a call. :lol:

virgo18

I am so sorry to hear that. 12th house is the subconscious mind, and Saturn always wants order and maturity in wherever he transits. I can tell you that I sometimes feel I am getting crazy, but I think it is an effect of Saturn there in the 12th, wanting me to be more mature in my thoughts and feelings.
If you have a lot of activity in your 12th house Natal, there's why you feel your world is going down.

astrology02

I have saturn in the 12th house in my natal chart … don't even get me started with this aspect! Depression, isolation, fear, guilt are all because of this. When I was 7 years old and other kids were playing on the playground I was thinking about the violence I seen on the news and worry about how unfair life was for some people. I had guilt at the age of 7…wondering how so many people are suffering. I feel like sometimes just being a recluse so I don't have to deal with society. I also thinks it makes someone try to avoid responsibility in life, have a hard time dealing with the demands of life. Saturn here really messes with your emotions. I seem like a really happy person, but only the people closest to me have seen my emotional breakdowns, extreme depression and panic attacks. Thanks saturn :)

YoGod

I have Saturn in the 1st right now and honestly I noticed when it entered the 1st....in scorpio back in 2012 I started losing my passion for my career .......I've also been more depressed, total lack of energy. I've felt like no matter how much energy I've put into my career I never got back the effort I put in.....so I've just been more interested in other things. I guess I've realized it wasn't working for me and am just now starting to figure out a way to transition out of it....

One thing I've noticed tho about Saturn in the 1st house....I've worked out harder than I ever have in my life. I was in the gym before but now my work out routine has gotten more and more disciplined. I was always small but I'm definitely a lot more cut.

Last edited:

hypatia

I have Saturn in my 12th.
And I have also been feeling down.
I have cut myself off so totally from almost all friendships that I have started to wonder if I'll ever have friendships again.
Not that I want to get into a habit of wishing my life away, but I am relieved that Saturn has only a couple of months until it crosses my Asc.

The last time Saturn was in my 12th House was when I was coming out of some of the worst experiences of my life. I was quite withdrawn, extremely low self-esteem and quite a bit detached.
That time - a week after Saturn crossed my Asc - I started a new phase of my life. I felt lighter, started to have a more positive view on life and more positive friendships etc.

I am talking to a possible potential employer at the moment, and if it all ends up happening, it's possible that I will move house, move cities and change jobs and start a new part of my life soon.
The timing of when all this will happen is still unknown ... it might be at the time of Saturn crossing my Asc, or a month or 2 after.
At the moment though - I lack energy and am struggling to wonder where the energy will come from to make this move and this change to all happen... I am hoping I'll have the energy once Saturn has moved out of my 12th House.

Edited to add a question:
Do you think that 30 years later when Saturn comes back again to cross the Asc... is this transit about fixing / finishing (or something) issues that are still unresolved from the last time Sat cnj Asc?? Or not related to the events of 30 years previous??

Last edited:

hypatia

the previous posts about leaving behind what doesn't work anymore has me thinking a lot.

I am trying to decide when to move, if I get offered this new job.
Should I move before / at the time of Sat cnj Asc? Or wait until after it's finished (on top of Sat about to come out of my 12th House, I also have my progressed moon about to come out of the Balsamic Phase)... so I definitely feel this is the time for moving on and for something new.

A part of me doesn't want to move this year and wants to wait... but this thought that things have to be let go of 'before' Sat cnj Asc is making me feel it's imperative that I move soon.

I wrote a separate post on it if anyone is interested to read, and maybe to comment: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=569095#post569095

virgo18

I have Saturn in my 12th.

Edited to add a question:
Do you think that 30 years later when Saturn comes back again to cross the Asc... is this transit about fixing / finishing (or something) issues that are still unresolved from the last time Sat cnj Asc?? Or not related to the events of 30 years previous??

I think when Saturn crosses the asc for the first time, you should/will resolve all issues from the first cicle of your life... which will be closed forever and a completely new one will be about to begin.
It is recommended to make a very deep introspection during Saturn 12th/1st, to pay attention to dreams we experiment, because that's the way we will make conscious any subconscious issue. One we know which are our deep rooted issues, then we can work on them to banish them.

Erulastiel14

I've really been feeling Saturn transiting my 12th house lately. I know this is part of my evolution and is what needs to happen but it is not fun.

Ojos_raros

I have natal Neptune in Scorpio in the 12th. Transiting Saturn is there conjuncting Neptune. In June, I lost my teaching job. The position was extremely stressful and made me question whether I wanted to continue as a teacher.

I've read that Saturn in the 12th means giving up things or letting go. Over the summer, I was constantly reliving and reviewing last year in my mind. I now know that this does no good and its better to just let go. However, I don't know if I should give up teaching!! I thought after reading about Saturn that maybe its time to do something else, but now, I'm not sure.

Since Saturn has conjuncted Neptune, I've felt an inner urge to meditate and read spiritual books. So, I'm meditating around 25 minutes in the morning and sometimes at night too. I'm doing walking meditations too. If you are sick of your mind saying negative & untrue things about yourself, meditation is a way to help calm the mind & can help you to feel better.

I'm hoping that more meditation will eventually clear the mind enough so that it becomes clear on what to pursue as a career.

Anyone else with Neptune in the 12th?