Sun-Moon Midpoint

Somna7H

Banned
Is Midpoints important only for synastry/composite chart or for natal chart too ?
If my calculation is not wrong my sun moon midpoint falls in Cancer 2nd house and it Conjunct my north node tightly.
I'm I wrote ?
Is it important ?
Or it will activate while transit or Progressed planet hit it ?

hCRDawD.jpg

ElenaJ

The sun/moon midpoint is important also in a natal chart. It is a sensitive point between who you are and your emotional self. And it is valid for how that effects you personally as well as how interaction with other's planets might stimulate it, that you see in synastry or composite charts.

miquar

Hi Somna. As Elena says, midpoints are relevant to all patterns/charts. I haven't come across anyone interpreting the sign and house of the direct Sun/Moon midpoint (the midpoint closest to the Sun and Moon - the indirect midpoint being directly opposite). However, aspects based on numbers which are powers of two are very significant.

Your direct Sun/Moon midpoint is at about twelve and half degrees Cancer, so although the conjunction to the north lunar node can't be classed as exact (because much smaller orbs are used for midpoints) it is well within orb. I don't know what the significance of this is - the lunar nodes are already all about the blending of the solar and lunar functions. I guess having something on the Sun/Moon midpoint means that the sign and house of this midpoint becomes significant. It probably means that it is much more important for you to address the needs of your north lunar node than it is for most people.

Chiron is semi-square the Sun/Moon midpoint, adding to the prominence indicated by its rising.

So I would say that the emphasis on Cancer, the 2nd house and Chiron are underlined by the position of the Sun/Moon midpoint.

Look out for transiting and progressed factors moving across 12 to 13 1/2 degrees of cardinal signs, and 27 to 28 1/2 degrees of fixed signs - these are times when you may get clues as to what you need to do (or not do!) with these parts of your chart.

Best wishes

Miquar

Somna7H

Banned
@ElenaJ
Thank you!

Hi Somna. As Elena says, midpoints are relevant to all patterns/charts. I haven't come across anyone interpreting the sign and house of the direct Sun/Moon midpoint (the midpoint closest to the Sun and Moon - the indirect midpoint being directly opposite). However, aspects based on numbers which are powers of two are very significant.

Your direct Sun/Moon midpoint is at about twelve and half degrees Cancer, so although the conjunction to the north lunar node can't be classed as exact (because much smaller orbs are used for midpoints) it is well within orb. I don't know what the significance of this is - the lunar nodes are already all about the blending of the solar and lunar functions. I guess having something on the Sun/Moon midpoint means that the sign and house of this midpoint becomes significant. It probably means that it is much more important for you to address the needs of your north lunar node than it is for most people.

Chiron is semi-square the Sun/Moon midpoint, adding to the prominence indicated by its rising.

So I would say that the emphasis on Cancer, the 2nd house and Chiron are underlined by the position of the Sun/Moon midpoint.

Look out for transiting and progressed factors moving across 12 to 13 1/2 degrees of cardinal signs, and 27 to 28 1/2 degrees of fixed signs - these are times when you may get clues as to what you need to do (or not do!) with these parts of your chart.

Best wishes

Miquar

Thank you very much for the details.
Currently no major transit going through.
But one year later transiting north node will Conjunct my natal north node first then the sun-moon midpoint. That time will be crucial for me I guess.☺️

miquar

Hi. No worries. Because there are 8 sensitive areas to watch, you might not have to wait a year for something to happen. Transiting Saturn will be on the south lunar node in January. It will pass quite quickly though because the apparent motion of a body orbiting the Sun is quickest as around the body's conjunction with the transiting Sun.

Look at progressed planets, too, and see who in your life has important placements on one or more of those 8 areas.

Best wishes,

Miquar

Somna7H

Banned
Hi. No worries. Because there are 8 sensitive areas to watch, you might not have to wait a year for something to happen. Transiting Saturn will be on the south lunar node in January. It will pass quite quickly though because the apparent motion of a body orbiting the Sun is quickest as around the body's conjunction with the transiting Sun.

Look at progressed planets, too, and see who in your life has important placements on one or more of those 8 areas.

Best wishes,

Miquar

Thank you! :smile:

As I can see my Progressed Mars near 12 Deg in Scorpio right now.
Traditionally Mars is my 7th and Lord who is in my 5th House.
Here my Progressed Chart.
Sorry low quality image.

m0qQlLl.jpg

miquar

Hi. Yes, progressed Mars is trine the natal Sun/Moon midpoint and will trine the natal north lunar node in two years or so. I'm not sure how much you can expect from either of these transits. Perhaps there will be more likely something noticeable while progressed Mars is within a quarter of a degree of being trine the node, especially as faster moving factors tigger this. Or perhaps the progressed Moon will trigger progressed Mars trine the natal Sun/Moon midpoint as it reaches progressed Mars - but astrologer tend not to look at trines and sextiles to midpoints.

But transiting Saturn is the one to watch, I think, in January.

Best wishes

Miquar

Somna7H

Banned
Sorry I'm not good at Astrology specially calculations/mathematics. Please don't mind. I will be aware near January of 2019. Thank you! ☺️

katydid

Having the Lunar Nodes at the midpoint of your Sun/Moon is very important info.

The Sun/Moon midpoint is the point of your emotional/physical balance. The state of your vitality and mental health. Your inner Ying/Yang. How you saw males/females interact and the role modeling they did.

When the midpoint is placed in Cancer in the 2nd, your family and childhood will have a strong impact upon your self esteem and your sense of self. It is that way for everyone. But it is heightened and emphasized for you, because of the emotional 2nd house placements.

In simplest terms, I would say that this incarnation, for you, is all about changing lifetime family patterns of dysfunction. The North Node compels you to elevate your consciousness, rise above old wounds, old ingrained patterns, learned in childhood. Find your spiritual path.

You came into this life to rise above those limitations and create a new path for yourself. BreaK FREE of what has been limiting you. Do not continue to be stuck in age old traditions and patterns and follow your own dreams.

If that means moving away or expanding/changing cultural routines or religious beliefs, dating people outside your tribe, or shaking up tradition, then do it. :bandit:

The North Node in Cancer in the 2nd is about finding a way to rise above the familial codes/restrictions from the past and finding your dharma or your own individual journey.

Somna7H

Banned
Thank you!

Having the Lunar Nodes at the midpoint of your Sun/Moon is very important info.

The Sun/Moon midpoint is the point of your emotional/physical balance. The state of your vitality and mental health. Your inner Ying/Yang. How you saw males/females interact and the role modeling they did.

When the midpoint is placed in Cancer in the 2nd, your family and childhood will have a strong impact upon your self esteem and your sense of self. It is that way for everyone. But it is heightened and emphasized for you, because of the emotional 2nd house placements.

In simplest terms, I would say that this incarnation, for you, is all about changing lifetime family patterns of dysfunction. The North Node compels you to elevate your consciousness, rise above old wounds, old ingrained patterns, learned in childhood. Find your spiritual path.

You came into this life to rise above those limitations and create a new path for yourself. BreaK FREE of what has been limiting you. Do not continue to be stuck in age old traditions and patterns and follow your own dreams.

If that means moving away or expanding/changing cultural routines or religious beliefs, dating people outside your tribe, or shaking up tradition, then do it. :bandit:

The North Node in Cancer in the 2nd is about finding a way to rise above the familial codes/restrictions from the past and finding your dharma or your own individual journey.

You are absolutely right.
I love family life but my family life wasn't good at all and still the same or worse. I'm very emotional person.
I'm trying to breaK FREE from long but not able to did it yet.

I'm trying to change my beliefs now.
I will try to dating people outside my tribe and break tradition if required.
This type of ideas spinning inside my head from a years ago. I'm sure I able to break free from restriction sooner or later. Though it's too late I guess. I'm now 36 but a single male.

katydid

Thank you!

You are absolutely right.
I love family life but my family life wasn't good at all and still the same or worse. I'm very emotional person.
I'm trying to breaK FREE from long but not able to did it yet.

I'm trying to change my beliefs now.
I will try to dating people outside my tribe and break tradition if required.
This type of ideas spinning inside my head from a years ago. I'm sure I able to break free from restriction sooner or later. Though it's too late I guess. I'm now 36 but a single male.

It's not too late. The North Node can be a long, slow process. Cancer and the 2nd house, both slow learners in terms of making changes. :smile:

It's not too late. It is a process. It is a long journey.