Is there something in my chart that suggests my sensitive nature gets activated later

GeminiSun

On in life?

Growing up I've always had intense feelings, anxiety every now and then, etc.

But I remember the very moment when I was like 15, re-watching some episode of Oprah on YouTube, and it was this man being interviewed about how he accidentally killed his wife, son and dog by leaving the gas on in the garage before going to work. He accidentally poisoned his family and the look of regret and complete distress on his face had me like start bawling like I've never cried before. And ever since then I've been super sensitive and emotional. I can't watch a sad movie without tearing up (and I was never like this). And it's like I FEEL people's emotions ever since then. They completely consume me. I can't even watch violent movies or violent YouTube videos without turning my head or shutting my eyes during the bad parts!

This seems super random and weird, but I thought I'd ask this to see if I could get any kind of insight on this. It's like I changed in that moment forever and have been a sensitive, emotional mess since.

Attachments

• astro.gif
    astro.gif
    65.2 KB · Views: 53

Lykanized

Your sun's in Gemini ruled by Mercury. Your Mercury's in Cancer which is of course ruled by the moon. I don't see people write about Mercury in Cancer often, but to me the thoughts are laden with emotionality, our own, but there's also a part of it that's more about reception of emotions from the external. Anything involving the moon has high potentiality for emotional reception, taking in the energy from the external world on an extreme level. You have your moon in your first house too. Mercury in the 8th house which has associations with psychic perception. And though you may not be psychic, I personally consider people who are highly emotionally receptive to be experiencing something on the spectrum of psychic activity. The 8th house is a water house and to have a water Mercury sign in there, so that adds even more to the emotionality but also the emotional receptivity

Of course the 8th house also calls us to rebirth so perhaps all of this is troubling to you now, but it doesn't have to be in time. The 8th house is associated with psychological pain so it's very possible you're being called to face these dark facets of human experience and not let them consume you, but to understand them on a very psychological and piercing level

Gemini on it's own can be quite flighty, so that may be why it took you some experiences to be pulled into this state. The 8th house is associated with Pluto(which is also on your ascendant) and Pluto wants to dig to the core, the ugly truth, but it also want to rise above that so as to not let these things wield power over it. It may become obsessive. It's about transformation too. So if you experienced a sudden shift in your reception, maybe it's about something deeper within you, perhaps a fear you're trying to work through and expand yourself beyond

Last edited:

GeminiSun

Your sun's in Gemini ruled by Mercury. Your Mercury's in Cancer which is of course ruled by the moon. I don't see people write about Mercury in Cancer often, but to me the thoughts are laden with emotionality, our own, but there's also a part of it that's more about reception of emotions from the external. Anything involving the moon has high potentiality for emotional reception, taking in the energy from the external world on an extreme level. You have your moon in your first house too. Mercury in the 8th house which has associations with psychic perception. And though you may not be psychic, I personally consider people who are highly emotionally receptive to be experiencing something on the spectrum of psychic activity. The 8th house is a water house and to have a water Mercury sign in there, so that adds even more to the emotionality but also the emotional receptivity

Of course the 8th house also calls us to rebirth so perhaps all of this is troubling to you now, but it doesn't have to be in time. The 8th house is associated with psychological pain so it's very possible you're being called to face these dark facets of human experience and not let them consume you, but to understand them on a very psychological and piercing level

Gemini on it's own can be quite flighty, so that may be why it took you some experiences to be pulled into this state. The 8th house is associated with Pluto and Pluto wants to dig to the core, the ugly truth, but it also want to rise above that so as to not let these things wield power over it. It may become obsessive. It's about transformation too. So if you experienced a sudden shift in your reception, maybe it's about something deeper within you, perhaps a fear you're trying to work through and expand yourself beyond
Thanks for your interpretation! And it's so weird, for years I was always under the impression that my Moon was in the 2nd House (I cannot read charts to save my life, and when my placements were calculated in text, it always said "Scorpio 1st House, Sagittarius 2nd House) so I assumed my Sag Moon was in the 2nd), it was only until a few weeks ago where I realized woah, my Moon is actually in the 1st House. It all made so much sense when I started reading up on it.

But you're so right about the 8th House. It is such a crazy and tough House to deal with. I remember two separate occasions where I just woke up one morning and became a completely different person, with completely different struggles and this new completely different life. It was like a movie.

Lykanized

Thanks for your interpretation! And it's so weird, for years I was always under the impression that my Moon was in the 2nd House (I cannot read charts to save my life, and when my placements were calculated in text, it always said "Scorpio 1st House, Sagittarius 2nd House) so I assumed my Sag Moon was in the 2nd), it was only until a few weeks ago where I realized woah, my Moon is actually in the 1st House. It all made so much sense when I started reading up on it.

But you're so right about the 8th House. It is such a crazy and tough House to deal with. I remember two separate occasions where I just woke up one morning and became a completely different person, with completely different struggles and this new completely different life. It was like a movie.
Oh yeah, that's in whole house system. In placidus, which is what most people use here and what I find most helpful, Some placements may shift

You should read up on Moon conjunct Pluto since you have that in your first house. That conjunction can also lead to these feelings of of being easily receptive to negative emotional energy. And you're probably pretty much forced to deal with the energies headon, but the nature of Pluto can be to pull us into the depths of that darkness a part of us may want to be lost in, but the real power of Pluto is in alchemetizing experiences, making gravel into gold, finding the emotional truth that will spur that rebirth within us. Moon-Pluto connections have a strong potential to understand people and the individual self on a very deep, psychological level which is where the ability to create transformation will come

Since your sun also happens to be in the 8th house with that Cancer Mercury, there's definitely gonna be an intensified emotional receptivity and there may be an attraction to the darkside as, ime, Pluto can take us on a rollercoaster before we're ready to face the depths of what we need to

I find that interesting...It's really interesting the rollercoaster our thoughts will take us on swinging to such bizarre mental and emotional states...

Do any of these experiences trouble you, or were you moreso just curious as to why you began experiencing this part of yourself?

Whoam1

Your moon is actually in the constellation of Scorpio and your Sun in Taurus. Idk if that gives you further insight on how to interpret those. I would check for fixed stars.

GeminiSun

Oh yeah, that's in whole house system. In placidus, which is what most people use here and what I find most helpful, Some placements may shift

You should read up on Moon conjunct Pluto since you have that in your first house. That conjunction can also lead to these feelings of of being easily receptive to negative emotional energy. And you're probably pretty much forced to deal with the energies headon, but the nature of Pluto can be to pull us into the depths of that darkness a part of us may want to be lost in, but the real power of Pluto is in alchemetizing experiences, making gravel into gold, finding the emotional truth that will spur that rebirth within us. Moon-Pluto connections have a strong potential to understand people and the individual self on a very deep, psychological level which is where the ability to create transformation will come

Since your sun also happens to be in the 8th house with that Cancer Mercury, there's definitely gonna be an intensified emotional receptivity and there may be an attraction to the darkside as, ime, Pluto can take us on a rollercoaster before we're ready to face the depths of what we need to

I find that interesting...It's really interesting the rollercoaster our thoughts will take us on swinging to such bizarre mental and emotional states...

Do any of these experiences trouble you, or were you moreso just curious as to why you began experiencing this part of yourself?
Meh, I feel like Pluto is the theme of my life. We all know what it means and everything so I don't want to get too much into it. But Pluto has definitely dominated my life. I think back to when I was 6 years old in retrospect, and thinking of very Pluto-esque thoughts, especially 8th House thoughts (which is connected to Pluto but yeah, 8th House specifically).

And no, they don't really trouble me, they fascinate me. I'm happy I changed as a person. It made me a way, way better person who is more understanding, sympathetic, etc I just find it super strange how overnight I changed so much. But reading up on some Astrological stuff, it kind of makes sense. I was just wondering if anyone had any answers for it.

GeminiSun

hi GeminiSun
was it in sept or nov of 2008 when you had that experience while watching Ophrah?
rahu
To be honest, I was an addict at the time. So I don't remember. Even in my OP I say I was 15 when all of this "changed" occurred, but that it just an estimation because I was so drugged up at the time that I don't truly remember.

But 15, I was in Grade 10 at the time so maybe my estimation was wrong. It was most likely more down the line when I had this big shift in perception. 15 wasn't so bad, I met a bunch of new people, started a new life, everything is always so good in the beginning, but after that is when things started to change drastically. When I got out of the "honeymoon phase" in life. I'm not sure if 2008 is right or not, my memory is not so good from those years, that is when Britney Spears made her comeback so I equate it to that, so probably not around that time. Later on in life, 1-2 years after.

rahu

Banned
I don't have time today but tomorrow I will post about some possibilities to your question. actually 2 years later makes more sense to me.just for interest, how was jan-feb 2012 for you?
rahu

GeminiSun

I don't have time today but tomorrow I will post about some possibilities to your question. actually 2 years later makes more sense to me.just for interest, how was jan-feb 2012 for you?
rahu
Oh my gosh, it was the worst time of my life, but A LOT of lessons learned. I grew up a lot during that time.

Osamenor

Staff member
But I remember the very moment when I was like 15, re-watching some episode of Oprah on YouTube, and it was this man being interviewed about how he accidentally killed his wife, son and dog by leaving the gas on in the garage before going to work. He accidentally poisoned his family and the look of regret and complete distress on his face had me like start bawling like I've never cried before. And ever since then I've been super sensitive and emotional. I can't watch a sad movie without tearing up (and I was never like this). And it's like I FEEL people's emotions ever since then. They completely consume me. I can't even watch violent movies or violent YouTube videos without turning my head or shutting my eyes during the bad parts!

Are you sure you were 15 when that happened? Could you have been 17 or 18?

When you were about 17, your progressed sun transited to Cancer. Sometime close to then, you would've had a progressed new moon in Cancer, probably conjunct your natal Mercury. All that in Cancer might've added another layer of sensitivity.

When something suddenly kicks in like that, I would always look for what's being activated by progression. A progressed planet changing signs, or turning retrograde or direct, or an aspect or conjunction perfecting by progression, would be associated with that kind of sudden change. Because you have natal Mercury in Cancer and placements that would've progressed to Cancer when you were close to that age, I suspect it's the Cancer kicking in.

Edit: I just registered your post up thread where you said it probably was 2 years later. That fits perfectly.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Was it this story?

Looks like it first aired in 2004. The earliest it appears to have been posted on You Tube is November 2011, although that doesn't necessarily mean there wasn't an earlier posting that was taken down.

GeminiSun

Are you sure you were 15 when that happened? Could you have been 17 or 18?

When you were about 17, your progressed sun transited to Cancer. Sometime close to then, you would've had a progressed new moon in Cancer, probably conjunct your natal Mercury. All that in Cancer might've added another layer of sensitivity.

When something suddenly kicks in like that, I would always look for what's being activated by progression. A progressed planet changing signs, or turning retrograde or direct, or an aspect or conjunction perfecting by progression, would be associated with that kind of sudden change. Because you have natal Mercury in Cancer and placements that would've progressed to Cancer when you were close to that age, I suspect it's the Cancer kicking in.

Edit: I just registered your post up thread where you said it probably was 2 years later. That fits perfectly.
My memory is a little messed up during those years because I struggled with addiction at the time. But you are right, I couldn't have been 15 at the time, because when I was 15 I was in grade 10 and this whole "awakening phase" didn't happen only until down the line. So I must have been around 17.

GeminiSun

Was it this story?

Looks like it first aired in 2004. The earliest it appears to have been posted on You Tube is November 2011, although that doesn't necessarily mean there wasn't an earlier posting that was taken down.
YES, oh my God, this is THE guy.

And just a quick question. This may sound stupid, but if my progressed Sun transited to Cancer, does it leave permanent effects because I have been the same ever since? That progression changed me for life. I'm not complaining because I've become a better, way more sympathetic person, just curious.

Osamenor

Staff member
Progressed sun changing signs is always significant, and always a change. It puts another sign's message on top of your birth sign--not as a replacement, but as another layer. Progressed new moons are also highly significant. If they happen at the same time, particularly in the moon's home sign, it will leave its stamp on your life.

When your sun progressed to Cancer, a Cancer message--heightened sensitivity, heightened even more by that progressed new moon--got added to your Gemini growth message. You may still be developing in a Gemini way--take in information, communication, story, details--but you also have some Cancer sensitivity and, probably, a need for a home base and grounding, some protection for all that sensitivity. When your sun progresses to Leo, which will happen in your mid-late forties, you'll have a Leo message added, probably in the sense of making your voice heard and letting your light shine.

GeminiSun

Progressed sun changing signs is always significant, and always a change. It puts another sign's message on top of your birth sign--not as a replacement, but as another layer. Progressed new moons are also highly significant. If they happen at the same time, particularly in the moon's home sign, it will leave its stamp on your life.

When your sun progressed to Cancer, a Cancer message--heightened sensitivity, heightened even more by that progressed new moon--got added to your Gemini growth message. You may still be developing in a Gemini way--take in information, communication, story, details--but you also have some Cancer sensitivity and, probably, a need for a home base and grounding, some protection for all that sensitivity. When your sun progresses to Leo, which will happen in your mid-late forties, you'll have a Leo message added, probably in the sense of making your voice heard and letting your light shine.
Oh wow, very interesting information! Thank you for responding.

As for being a Gemini, yes I relate to "Gemini things," like my mind is always going so fast, I can be impatient at times, always overthinking, loves researching things and learning, etc but I don't feel like a Gemini at all. I actually relate to Cancer and Scorpio more then I relate to my sun sign. I know that sounds crazy, but yeah. I also really relate to Mars energy at times, especially when I am determined to achieve something.

Osamenor

Staff member
As for being a Gemini, yes I relate to "Gemini things," like my mind is always going so fast, I can be impatient at times, always overthinking, loves researching things and learning, etc but I don't feel like a Gemini at all.

What's a Gemini supposed to feel like?

You are an eighth house Gemini. That right there adds some Scorpionic quality to your sun. With Scorpio rising as well, you actually have a strongly Scorpionic chart.

The basic message of Gemini is information: receive and give. Some Geminis are more story receivers than they are story tellers. Your experience when your sun progressed to Cancer is actually very, very Gemini: you received someone's story, and it affected you strongly.

The being strongly affected part is a water sign quality. Air, fire, and earth signs, in and of themselves, would not be affected much by someone else's emotions. It takes water qualities to absorb another person's emotion as if it were your own.

GeminiSun

What's a Gemini supposed to feel like?

You are an eighth house Gemini. That right there adds some Scorpionic quality to your sun. With Scorpio rising as well, you actually have a strongly Scorpionic chart.

The basic message of Gemini is information: receive and give. Some Geminis are more story receivers than they are story tellers. Your experience when your sun progressed to Cancer is actually very, very Gemini: you received someone's story, and it affected you strongly.

The being strongly affected part is a water sign quality. Air, fire, and earth signs, in and of themselves, would not be affected much by someone else's emotions. It takes water qualities to absorb another person's emotion as if it were your own.
Very true. Thank you for your post. Apart of me wishes I didn't have Moon in the 1st House though. I am always feeling other people's emotions and it's tough as hell. I don't try to "feel them," it just happens and effects my mood drastically. But oh well, I believe we all have one life and we have to make the most of it. Thank you for your input :p x

Osamenor

Staff member
Your first house Moon is not to blame. It's in a fire sign. If you had that first house Sagittarius moon but no water sign planets, you wouldn't be so sensitive.

The gestalt of your chart shows the sensitivity: three planets plus your ascendant in water signs, and little earth (which would be the strongest emotionally protective quality) to balance it out. Nothing but your generational Uranus/Neptune conjunction is in an earth sign.

Add the progressed new moon in Cancer on top of a personal planet changing your life, and of course you're highly sensitive.

Because your chart is lowest in earth qualities, it would help to bring grounding influences into your life. That could be a physical practice, like a moving meditation kind of exercise, or physical activity, like gardening or sculpting or kneading bread--something that puts your hands in the dirt, literally or figuratively.

With such a strong Cancer influence on your life, you also need your own protected space. Perhaps space in your home that's all yours. Perhaps creating your own psychic space around you when you're out in the world.