Aspects that affect experience with drugs?

Spartan52408

I was smoking with a friend and stumbled upon an interesting question. Is it possible certain aspects in your chart could push for different experiences with narcotics? Like for example I have mercury sq Uranus and Sun Sq Neptune and whenever I'm smoking weed I got lost in my head (Neptune), thinking about a sporadic array of things (Uranus) that in a lot of cases i don't even know how i was able to connect. With LSD it's the same but the thoughts are more positive and outworldy rather than things that just have to do with me.

Meanwhile I know many ppl who smoke and can be active/maneuver and do every normal activity as if they were sober. They actually use it to escape their thoughts

So I'm interested to hear if you think specific aspects or the number of aspects could explain why somebody handles narcotics or of it has to do with the person's own experiences and body/personality.

The Piscean

I dont know much about this but the first time i did lsd, my Aries sun aries moon friend found it to be a difficult and negative experience because he couldnt 'control' his reality anymore. Whereas for me, being a pisces sun cancer moon, i found it a lot easier to let go and go with the flow of the trip. So maybe the dominant element in your chart effects your trip or your high? Its a good thought.

waybread

People with alcohol and drug issues often have Neptune square a personal planet. This doesn't hold up in all cases, and some people with Neptune squaring a personal planet are teetotalers, but it does come up a lot.

With today's ever-widening net of opiod and heroin addictions, I suspect that the older emphasis on hard Neptune aspects will become less common.

strike

One interesting insight I can offer is about a relationship and getting high (of weed). Me and my friend and flatmate both have uranus and neptune in the 4th house, and last year we would close ourselves off from the world in our house, light some joints, put music on, dance, laugh, and these were some of the most pleasurable, enlighting moments of my life. We would talk for hours, or just deeply enjoy the music in silence. Music is one of the things that binds us the most. In our composite, uranus and neptune have a heavy unfluence (neptune opposite venus and sun, uranus opposite venus, sun and mercury; moon is in the 9th house). She's really my favourite companion for getting high :p - we also have a quite deep friendship outside of the weed sphere by the way haha
Salva
Salva

HighlyEvolved

Yes, I agree with Neptune in negative aspects to personal planets excl. Mercury. Person can get lost in it especially when the aspect is with Moon or Mars. I'd also consider negative influences in 12th house and signs of overindulgence in matters of 5th house. Many planets in houses can go both ways (creativity x escapism, experimenting x overindulgence), it mostly depends dynamics of whole chart, but it is certainly more difficult to managae those negative aspects, than those positive. It is a constant fight.

Timmytwothumbs

Ive been told a smoke too much, weed and tobacco. I can also drink pretty heavily I only drink whiskey or moonshine, beer or wine won't do it for me. I've also been told that I don't change under the influence. Like I remain sober on the outside. I don't have any bad experiences except getting too stoned off edibles and being nauseous. I've taken pills they don't do anything for me so I didn't continue. I love acid. I feel like I make connections quicker and things seem easy and clear. I had fentanyl in the hospital once I felt like I was flying. I wanted to talk to anyone about anything. I don't do that stuff recreationally though.
I have a trapezoid
Pisces Moon/Saturn 12th house
Taurus mercury 2nd house
Leo mars 5th House
Sag Jupiter Rx 9th house
My tendency towards recreational drug use

And an earth trine
Cap Neptune 10th
Tau Mercury 2nd
Virgo Chiron 6th
My level headedness during such use

UraSatVen1029

Definitely Neptune.

I've only been really drunk once and it was my first time. Yet, it felt so good. I was so giddy, so happy and goofy. I was wild, my friend who was looking after me couldn't, for the life of him, decide if he should just laugh at me or scold me. But I wasn't really completely out of it, I was a little aware that I was drunk and high. It felt really good, felt like I could forget all of my sad emotions for one night wishing for it to last forever. I was so happy I felt that, I started telling people. But they disapproved of it, saying they were disappointed, and that woke me up. And now here I am, avoiding alcohol as much as possible. My dad's an alcoholic and a smoker, and everyday it reminds of who I shouldn't be.

I think my Earth influence in my chart makes me somehow grounded even if I'm drunk. I still could control myself partially, but for most of the time I really felt like I was flying and in heaven. Now I put all of that urge into creative endeavors like writing and music.

My Neptune Cap 1st house squares My sun, venus, my chart ruler which is Saturn. Neptune also sextiles my Mercury. So there's that.

Sunrise

I would like only to add:
The Difficult aspects of Jupiter (Neutrality, Idealism) and Neptune (utopia, not real world), play a role,
also as Venus (pleasure) with Neptune (dream, escape,hallucinations).
Also about the Moon have to do with addiction.

Mostly The Moon in midpoint of Saturn / Neptune:
emotional (Moon) sensitivity (Neptune), and Depression (Saturn).

you can also look at the midpoints. And these have to give you information.

Midpoint of Sun / Neptune : shows a tendency for drug and drug use in general
Midpoint of the Moon / Neptune: hallucinations and delusions
Mercury/ Poseidon: unrealistic ideas, confusing thinking, but here we can have people with advanced intuition and clairvoyance.
Planets on midpoint of Saturn / Neptune: Moon (emotion, mental health), or ascendant (my body), or Sun (vitality) over Saturn / Neptune
The difficult aspect on midpoint of Saturn / Neptune, indicates difficulty in handling realistic (Saturn) states. Confusion, not clear (Neptune), in the limits and reality (Saturn).

Last edited: