Is she interested?

twistandshout

I happened to meet someone this past week that's still got me feeling a little flustered! We run in the same circles and have chatted a few times but this was the first time we actually sat and hung out and, well, it seems like I've got myself a bit of a crush! I doubt anything will come of it but we've made plans to do more talking and hanging so I decided to just cast a chart to figure out if the interest is at all mutual. For the record, we're both women. I identify as bi and admittedly do not fully know how she identifies so I guess this could also be used as confirmation for that as well :lol: I've only done relational astrology readings when opposite genders were involved so I'm not quite sure how the secondary identifiers would work for queer situations but anyhow!

I'm Sun and she's Saturn. Saturn and Sun are currently square which is pretty accurate as I was fairly flustered and my communication (Mercury) was not the best, while she was a lot more openly friendly and communicative. She receives me through triplicity in Sagittarius while it doesn't seem as though I receive her at all which is curious! But since it's just a crush and I have no idea where she stands, I'm still on guard so I can also see that.

I'm not quite sure what to make of the planetary house placements, though! Moon in my 12H and Sun in my 8H makes sense as I'm trying to bury my feelings and analyze/better understand them (Aqua 8H). But her being in my 5H is throwing me off a bit! Would this mean that there was some form of romantic interest in her part? Or maybe this is just reflective that she was having a good time at the party. Is it also relevant that we're both placed in Jupiter ruled signs? Lmao I don't know, crushes aren't my forté so help would be so great right now!

Attachments

• Interest.jpg
    Interest.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 62

Neptuniaan

I happened to meet someone this past week that's still got me feeling a little flustered! We run in the same circles and have chatted a few times but this was the first time we actually sat and hung out and, well, it seems like I've got myself a bit of a crush! I doubt anything will come of it but we've made plans to do more talking and hanging so I decided to just cast a chart to figure out if the interest is at all mutual. For the record, we're both women. I identify as bi and admittedly do not fully know how she identifies so I guess this could also be used as confirmation for that as well :lol: I've only done relational astrology readings when opposite genders were involved so I'm not quite sure how the secondary identifiers would work for queer situations but anyhow!

I'm Sun and she's Saturn. Saturn and Sun are currently square which is pretty accurate as I was fairly flustered and my communication (Mercury) was not the best, while she was a lot more openly friendly and communicative. She receives me through triplicity in Sagittarius while it doesn't seem as though I receive her at all which is curious! But since it's just a crush and I have no idea where she stands, I'm still on guard so I can also see that.

I'm not quite sure what to make of the planetary house placements, though! Moon in my 12H and Sun in my 8H makes sense as I'm trying to bury my feelings and analyze/better understand them (Aqua 8H). But her being in my 5H is throwing me off a bit! Would this mean that there was some form of romantic interest in her part? Or maybe this is just reflective that she was having a good time at the party. Is it also relevant that we're both placed in Jupiter ruled signs? Lmao I don't know, crushes aren't my forté so help would be so great right now!
I fyou would be in her turned 5th, we could talk about interest but since she is in your 5th it shows your interest. But she iz in your triplicity i think there is some interest but it is not in a deeper level yet.

twistandshout

I fyou would be in her turned 5th, we could talk about interest but since she is in your 5th it shows your interest. But she iz in your triplicity i think there is some interest but it is not in a deeper level yet.

Oh! The way I was taught horary is that if planets connected to the question are placed in your house specifically then it shows some likelihood of interest/action/intention, where as if the planets representing the querent were in the others' houses then that represents the querent interest/state of mind/intention/etc. So while she's in my 5H, she's in her 11H which is the house of friendship and larger communities which makes sense as that's how we met and we spent more time at a party. So I'm wondering how her being in my 5H would be read. As if this were a deeply connected relationship reading and her (Saturn) were in my 1H, it would show her interest since she's in her 7H. Or am I misunderstand information things?

But yes, I wouldn't expect a deeper level of interest since we only really spent time at a party so it's not like we've been talking for months and months and months lmao

Arena

Ok, let me just first say that it's been some time since I did this.
Interesting, there are some connections in this chart.
You are placed in 8th house of sex, you desire her sexually.
She is placed in 5th house, a party and some say belongs to romances, but I think it is more like parties, entertainment and children.
Both of you are received by Jupiter, which is placed in 3rd.
Moon is the matter, something is not clear, hidden from you - The Moon connects to you and Jupiter and then Jupiter to her. Jupiter might be the person who held the party or someone connected to that and that you both are connected to. Although you do also connect to her in about 9-10 units/weeks by square aspect... there seems to be some kind of possible connection through that Jupiter, a sibling, family member, neighbour or some person that represents the third and fifth house.
The Moon is moving towards the ASC, while moving away from Venus ... did one of you recently break up with someone? The Moon is bringing something from you to Jupiter, maybe you are comfortable telling this Jupiter about your interest in this lady and Jupiter can make friendly contact to her and tell her about it - while you are about to square her so she might actually turn you down, or at least the contact is not an easy one... you will know more about this in about 17 days I think, when Moon comes to the ASC.

Is she older than you?

twistandshout

Ok, let me just first say that it's been some time since I did this.
Interesting, there are some connections in this chart.
You are placed in 8th house of sex, you desire her sexually.

I had to sit and think about this and did some additional research on the 8th house as well. I'm certainly attracted to her but sex wasn't on my mind so much as the anxiety of being attracted and crushing on someone, especially when I wasn't expecting to even be in the state of mind to meet any person of interest so I feel like that aspect of 8th house reads more true than the sexual aspect. If something were to come about, I'd want to court her before hand (I'm a cheesy romantic deep down lmao).
She is placed in 5th house, a party and some say belongs to romances, but I think it is more like parties, entertainment and children.
Both of you are received by Jupiter, which is placed in 3rd.
Moon is the matter, something is not clear, hidden from you - The Moon connects to you and Jupiter and then Jupiter to her. Jupiter might be the person who held the party or someone connected to that and that you both are connected to. Although you do also connect to her in about 9-10 units/weeks by square aspect... there seems to be some kind of possible connection through that Jupiter, a sibling, family member, neighbour or some person that represents the third and fifth house.
The Moon is moving towards the ASC, while moving away from Venus ... did one of you recently break up with someone? The Moon is bringing something from you to Jupiter, maybe you are comfortable telling this Jupiter about your interest in this lady and Jupiter can make friendly contact to her and tell her about it - while you are about to square her so she might actually turn you down, or at least the contact is not an easy one... you will know more about this in about 17 days I think, when Moon comes to the ASC.

Is she older than you?

We run in the same circle work wise and have a lot of mutual friends as a result. Since 5H is her turned 11H then yes! The party feel good mentality definitely applies here. As for the other information - I actually got out of a relationship about six months ago (part of why I'm at a loss over liking someone at all since it tends to take me at least a year to regain any interest) so it's interesting for you to pick up on that! Also yes, I wouldn't expect anything to happen as she lives on the opposite coast as me. Albeit in the very same city I was hoping to move this year but since I won't be moving until the end of summer, I doubt anything will happen, even if there's interest, past maybe becoming better friends. Also! She's younger which I was surprised to learn but she definitely has a very mature spirit to her.

Unfortunately we were all drinking that night and after she left I blurted it out to all of my friends so I guess if any of them take it upon themselves to say something then I'll surely eventually hear back on it LMAO!

amandajoie

I would say she is interested in your money. Sun and Saturn are natural enemies. Your mercury(finances and reputation/career) are at risk because it is combust, so close to the sun. Sun also in the same sign as the north node. The moon trining Mercury is the next aspect the moon will make, then it will square Jupiter. Sun and Saturn have the same dispositor, Jupiter, did a neighbor or sibling of yours introduce you? I would take a pass on her, but if not, do not give her money.

twistandshout

I would say she is interested in your money. Sun and Saturn are natural enemies. Your mercury(finances and reputation/career) are at risk because it is combust, so close to the sun. Sun also in the same sign as the north node. The moon trining Mercury is the next aspect the moon will make, then it will square Jupiter. Sun and Saturn have the same dispositor, Jupiter, did a neighbor or sibling of yours introduce you? I would take a pass on her, but if not, do not give her money.

Mercury doesn't rule my second house nor my tenth, is Mercury a natural ruler for these things? I've only known mercury as a planet that's associated with communication, education, sometimes legal situations or contracts or short journeys so this is the first I've heard is referred to like this in this context. I suppose this is still possible but also somewhat unlikely since she's significantly more well established and secure than I am so unless she's rreeeeaally just wildly greedy without tipping anyone off, I'm not sure how particularly interested in my finances or my career/reputation she'd be :lol:

I'm also curious about your interpretation of the NN? The NN is placed in Virgo under a Leo ruled house. My knee jerk when seeing that is that my goal in all of this is to remove myself from the place of anxiety that I'm in (8H) and return to a place of more sense of self worth, security and pride (2H).

Isn't it also kind of unavoidable for, in relational astrology, the planets that represent the querent and quesited to be natural enemies since they rule opposing houses? So even if it were Libra and Aries, Venus and Mars are still seen as natural enemies since they rule opposing houses unless there's something else that I'm missing.

And no, no one introduced us. We have a number of mutual friends but our first introduction was simply us introducing ourselves to each other.

twistandshout

Normally with a chart with Leo ASC it would but Leo and Aquarius rule two houses (1st and 2nd and 7 and 8th respectively) unless you're disregarding the double houses and intercepted signs?

via

Normally with a chart with Leo ASC it would but Leo and Aquarius rule two houses (1st and 2nd and 7 and 8th respectively) unless you're disregarding the double houses and intercepted signs?

you should always look also at signs, meaning what rulers the second sign and tenth sign (it's Venus actually), sometimes it gives a more clear answer

twistandshout

you should always look also at signs, meaning what rulers the second sign and tenth sign (it's Venus actually), sometimes it gives a more clear answer

Sorry, not sure if I follow. By second and tenth sign, do you mean the houses? As second house in this chart is ruled by Leo (Sun) and Aries (Mars). Or do you mean by what naturally governs those houses, i.e. the base alignment is Taurus for Second House (Venus) and Capricorn for 10th House (Saturn).

via

no, by sign I mean sign :)

ignore the houses for a moment and look at the signs. the first is Leo ruled by sun, second is virgo, third is libra etc. the tenth is ruled by Venus

looking at sign adds another layer to the chart

maybe it would help you to look at whole sign charts, you can look up the house systems on astro.com in the extended chart selection

twistandshout

no, by sign I mean sign :)

ignore the houses for a moment and look at the signs. the first is Leo ruled by sun, second is virgo, third is libra etc. the tenth is ruled by Venus

looking at sign adds another layer to the chart

maybe it would help you to look at whole sign charts, you can look up the house systems on astro.com in the extended chart selection

OOOOHHHH! Yeah I don't tend to use the whole house system. Something about it doesn't quite mesh with me and throws off my ability to interpret things (and it's hard enough as is trying to read charts for myself :lol: ).

But I guess, here is Venus in retrograde in 9H which I can see as me flying back home (since it's rolling back towards the 4H), but is also subsequently moving towards Saturn and the Sun and both of those planets are moving towards Venus as well. I don't ... think either of those planets will make an aspect with Venus before they leave their sign though so perhaps even if there is interest, nothing will likely come about due to distance (Venus retrograde in 9H).

via

this was a general tip if you want to learn. bobzemco gave a good example of how this works- Nataly, if your MC is in the 11th sign, that might suggest serving in the military as a career, as military is the 11th in mundane

so mercury under the sun beams might suggest, among other things, you harming your finances. but I don't see the connection with the questied here

Also, just to clear up few things:
8th is not the house of sexual desire but reproductive organs (you may use that to check infertility in natal). 8th and 12th, where your significator are the houses of fear which may mean you are concerned in this situation of how things turn up or you got worries in general

also, as usually you give sun as a general co-significator of men, I'd assign Venus to the questied, and the co-signicator represents the state of mind (especially where they are will tell you what occupies them), Venus is nowhere near the 4th btw

Jupiter is in the 3rd sign but actually 4th house- being so close to the cusp.

Venus and mars are not planetary enemies

her being in your 5th would indicate sexual desire on your side

her being in your triplicity does not necessarily mean "only liking" versus loving or desiring, it means not being compelled to perfect the matter

twistandshout

this was a general tip if you want to learn. bobzemco gave a good example of how this works- Nataly, if your MC is in the 11th sign, that might suggest serving in the military as a career, as military is the 11th in mundane

Thank you! This is very interesting and will be something I keep in mind!

so mercury under the sun beams might suggest, among other things, you harming your finances. but I don't see the connection with the questied here

To be honest I'm not really sure how or why that's relevant at all to the question since nothing involving her would involve my finances. By the reasoning set up, 2h is more than just financial matters. It's also things of value as well, including self-esteem. Virgo, while an earth sign, is not one that I outright connect to money. I tend to see it more connected to the idea of servitude, worth and value as a lot of Virgo esteem is connected to the idea of how useful it is and can be. So in this situation, I can see it more than likely reflective of feeling insecure, especially with mercury and sun being placed in the 8H, and not feeling like I may be up to snuff for her (which rings a lot more true to how things were and potentially even how she may have seen me).

Also, just to clear up few things:
8th is not the house of sexual desire but reproductive organs (you may use that to check infertility in natal). 8th and 12th, where your significator are the houses of fear which may mean you are concerned in this situation of how things turn up or you got worries in general

Thanks for this clarification. I know there's a heavy handed attitude of sex being related to the 8H but it didn't, again, seem relevant. But yes, the fear aspect makes sense. And Aqua ruled 8H likely reflects my worry (at the time) of being able to stand out to her in the group (Aquarius) that we were in. Even though we spoke quite a bit, I definitely felt that anxiety. This may also be reflected by the NN/SN placements. Rather than letting myself mesh into the crowd (Aqua 8H w. Pisces South Node), I should put more focus on standing out and taking pride in what sets me apart from the rest (Leo 2H w. Virgo NN).

I guess this is also why I feel inclined to acknowledge the double signs and intercepted ones right off the bat. Double Leo on 1H and 2H shows a need to be proud of myself and my sense of self worth. Aqua 7H and 8H shows she likely had a greater focus on the group as a whole, but in turn reflects my anxieties of not being 'special' enough (Leo/aqua opposition) to get her attention. Taurus and Scorpio being intercepted is, again, connected to values. Libra 4H shows the want and need for balance in the house at the party, while Aries shows the presence of strong personalities that attended. Scorpio and Taurus in both of those houses shows that despite the generally positive attitude, there was no active commitment to follow through on any connecting that may have been made.

also, as usually you give sun as a general co-significator of men, I'd assign Venus to the questied, and the co-signicator represents the state of mind (especially where they are will tell you what occupies them), Venus is nowhere near the 4th btw

Sorry about the confusion, I don't mean that Venus is literally rolling into the 4H, I just mean directionally speaking, it's not moving forwards but backwards, and with it being placed in the 9H of distant travels. Which since it was a coast - 3H - to coast - 9H - trip, Venus in retrograde can also be seen as my traveling from the distant spot to return to my roots (4H) rather than continuing forward on the journey and setting root there (10H).

I also wondered about Venus for her as we are both women so I suppose it could be both of us in this situation.

Jupiter is in the 3rd sign but actually 4th house- being so close to the cusp.

A lot of how I read what house to place signs in also takes direction into consideration. So while Jupiter is in the 3H near the 4H cusp, it's also retrograde, so I'd personally feel less inclined to connect it to 4H matters since it's retrograde status shows it revisiting 3H affairs.

Venus and mars are not planetary enemies

Thanks for this as I do not know if any planets are 'enemies'. I tend to see them as occupying different sides to the same coin and able to create a sense of balance. If planets acted as enemies then charts wouldn't be able to be balanced ever. They'd be perpetually in a sense of discord since enemies seldom have interest in working together to create balance.

her being in your 5th would indicate sexual desire on your side

Tbh, not sure how comfortable I feel with the heavy focus on sexual desire in a lot of the replies. While yes I was physically attracted, the interest was focused on sex or sexual desire. The aspect that rings much more true and clearly to me for a Sagittarius ruled 5H was that she was highly engaging and exciting to speak to and the conversation over all was very playful which is the main thing that triggered the attraction (and crush) in the first place. I suppose without getting to much into it as its personal, I consider myself on the grey (Ace) scale so the constant focus on sexual interest is not and likely will not ever resonate with first crushing on someone for me :lol:

her being in your triplicity does not necessarily mean "only liking" versus loving or desiring, it means not being compelled to perfect the matter

I also don't think I ever outright equated my being in her triplicity as "only liking". I see triplicity as a 'friendly' placement in terms of dignity. The question asked wasn't whether she'd make a move but rather if the interest was mutual. Perfecting the matter isn't in the equation because, as stated earlier in the thread, we're on opposing coasts and only spent real time together at the party so I'm not expecting anything to come from this lmao

via

To be honest I'm not really sure how or why that's relevant at all to the question since nothing involving her would involve my finances. By the reasoning set up, 2h is more than just financial matters. It's also things of value as well, including self-esteem. Virgo, while an earth sign, is not one that I outright connect to money. I tend to see it more connected to the idea of servitude, worth and value as a lot of Virgo esteem is connected to the idea of how useful it is and can be. So in this situation, I can see it more than likely reflective of feeling insecure, especially with mercury and sun being placed in the 8H, and not feeling like I may be up to snuff for her (which rings a lot more true to how things were and potentially even how she may have seen me).

sometimes a chart points out to the general condition of significators, so you if you have financial issues a chart to any question may show that as a general description of you

I suggest looking up the traditional meaning of houses, you seem to mix the modern meaning of those and tbh I don't think that generally works in horary

I guess this is also why I feel inclined to acknowledge the double signs and intercepted ones right off the bat. Double Leo on 1H and 2H shows a need to be proud of myself and my sense of self worth. Aqua 7H and 8H shows she likely had a greater focus on the group as a whole, but in turn reflects my anxieties of not being 'special' enough (Leo/aqua opposition) to get her attention. Taurus and Scorpio being intercepted is, again, connected to values. Libra 4H shows the want and need for balance in the house at the party, while Aries shows the presence of strong personalities that attended. Scorpio and Taurus in both of those houses shows that despite the generally positive attitude, there was no active commitment to follow through on any connecting that may have been made.

again this is a very modern read right here

Sorry about the confusion, I don't mean that Venus is literally rolling into the 4H, I just mean directionally speaking, it's not moving forwards but backwards, and with it being placed in the 9H of distant travels. Which since it was a coast - 3H - to coast - 9H - trip, Venus in retrograde can also be seen as my traveling from the distant spot to return to my roots (4H) rather than continuing forward on the journey and setting root there (10H).

10th is not distance but reputation and carrier, social status partially

I also wondered about Venus for her as we are both women so I suppose it could be both of us in this situation.

your state of mind would be moon, and if a planets signifies more that one person you use the turned houses to properly read them

Thanks for this as I do not know if any planets are 'enemies'. I tend to see them as occupying different sides to the same coin and able to create a sense of balance. If planets acted as enemies then charts wouldn't be able to be balanced ever. They'd be perpetually in a sense of discord since enemies seldom have interest in working together to create balance.
of course there are planetary enemies like moon and Saturn and you use that in horary, if you have a relationship chart with those, you keep that always in mind

Tbh, not sure how comfortable I feel with the heavy focus on sexual desire in a lot of the replies. While yes I was physically attracted, the interest was focused on sex or sexual desire. The aspect that rings much more true and clearly to me for a Sagittarius ruled 5H was that she was highly engaging and exciting to speak to and the conversation over all was very playful which is the main thing that triggered the attraction (and crush) in the first place. I suppose without getting to much into it as its personal, I consider myself on the grey (Ace) scale so the constant focus on sexual interest is not and likely will not ever resonate with first crushing on someone for me :lol:
I also don't think I ever outright equated my being in her triplicity as "only liking". I see triplicity as a 'friendly' placement in terms of dignity. The question asked wasn't whether she'd make a move but rather if the interest was mutual. Perfecting the matter isn't in the equation because, as stated earlier in the thread, we're on opposing coasts and only spent real time together at the party so I'm not expecting anything to come from this lmao

sorry, you asked about her in the 5th and that is the meaning of it, not saggy
your reading is modern and this is not how we use saggitarius in horary

who is inclined or instrested would be shown in horary by aspects (the swiftest planet in an applying aspect is the one more inclined, an applying aspect would indicate an interest in general) and by emplacement- so her being in the 1st may show her being into you (which is note not an exception on reception but a different concept)
you see how she is Saturn, the slowest planet? associated with solitude?Saturn could only make an applying aspect by being retro, and that is not favorable,
as far as the saggy, you look up her condition which isn't all that bad but not great, which may suggest not having that much to offer
also her being in the succedent house would also indicate not wanting to change

some view receptions as interest but I have many charts where that just isn't true (me obsessing over someone and receiving that person in triplicity only), they just show the willingness to act

and that's it as far as horary goes
the modern understanding of Sagittarius has nothing to with it

anyway, wish you the best

Last edited:

twistandshout

sometimes a chart points out to the general condition of significators, so you if you have financial issues a chart to any question may show that as a general description of you

I suggest looking up the traditional meaning of houses, you seem to mix the modern meaning of those and tbh I don't think that generally works in horary

I know the traditional meanings, my leaning away from them in this situation is because they don't apply. This has actually been literally the most financially stable that I have been. It feels strange to have to sit here and sit and explain 'this is not relevant to me at the time of the chart' but all I can say is that no, financial matters have not been a concern for a while now so I suppose our interpretations are at an impasse :lol:

10th is not distance but reputation and carrier, social status partially

I did not say 10th was distance.

your state of mind would be moon, and if a planets signifies more that one person you use the turned houses to properly read them

Yes, I used the moon as my emotional state but will keep turning the chart in mind for if people use the same significator.

of course there are planetary enemies like moon and Saturn and you use that in horary, if you have a relationship chart with those, you keep that always in mind

I suppose this opens up a theoretical discussion about astrology. Moon and Saturn occupy opposing signs, no differently than Venus and Mars do (both signs they govern oppose each other). If they are not seen as enemies while other planetary opposition signs are then what dictates willingness to cooperate and what doesn't? Unless this is truly operating under basic mythological understandings that are associated with the planetary rulers. But even then it's questionable to say that planets operate as enemies.

sorry, you asked about her in the 5th and that is the meaning of it, not saggy
your reading is modern and this is not how we use saggitarius in horary

I don't mean to be argumentative but if horary is so inflexible that it's not capable of functioning under modern conditions then what's the point of it? Houses, even traditionally speaking, still focus on multiple things and the same can be said for the signs.

My method of reading is honestly in part intuitive because of this. If something simply does not apply or relevant by traditional standards then the chart seems in and of itself useless. Traditionally speaking, the fifth house is more than just sex and sexual affairs. It's also romance, children and creativity. My raising a brow on the heavy sex focus is because choosing to only focus on sex disregards the multifaceted approach that even traditional astrology has and its method of dealings.

who is inclined or instrested would be shown in horary by aspects (the swiftest planet in an applying aspect is the one more inclined, an applying aspect would indicate an interest in general) and by emplacement- so her being in the 1st may show her being into you (which is note not an exception on reception but a different concept)
you see how she is Saturn, the slowest planet? associated with solitude?Saturn could only make an applying aspect by being retro, and that is not favorable,
as far as the saggy, you look up her condition which isn't all that bad but not great, which may suggest not having that much to offer
also her being in the succedent house would also indicate not wanting to change

Thank you. This feels like this was a rather long discussion to answer my initial question of the chart which was literally "Is she interested" lmao.

Change in situation is, again, not relevant. The question has nothing to do if matters will change or anything will come of it. It's simply "Was there interest".

some view receptions as interest but I have many charts where that just isn't true (me obsessing over someone and receiving that person in triplicity only), they just show the willingness to act

and that's it as far as horary goes
the modern understanding of Sagittarius has nothing to with it

anyway, wish you the best

Thank you for the information!