Introduction

Sovalis

Hello people interested in astrology :)
I have been a member of this forum now since 2010 I believe, from the time around I began actively learning bits and pieces of the workings of Astrology. From reading different fortune tellers, and astrologers saying things that was concerning me, from on-line readings and forecasts, I had always felt a bit controlled from the magic of it, and afraid of how these people wrote and said would influence me. Like a priest talking downwards, in some cases.
I wanted to try and see for myself, how things worked. The first challenge, I think was involved for me learning astrology, was how some things, seemed so deterministic and fated, and how I easily would project my own wishes and fears and imaginations/ illusions on to the planets, transits, and looking on synastry (yes, a girl I liked was partly reason I got into it). So I feel that has been a parallel growth process with learning to discern and to just observe and learn, slowly. Has given me a more free and natural view on the life and these synchronistic (in this case planetary) phenomenons. And hopefully to have come in a bit more healthy relationship with "source".
Its an ongoing learning process...

I come from an art/philosoply/poetic education. Have studied the fine arts eight of my formative years. (Ninth house Saturn / Jupiter and Mars).

The name Sovalis I coined for my self as a combination of the poet Novalis and Sol (sun), when I had an imaginative personal moment of adventurous kind of astral travel, it was a fantasy. (a Sun Venus r. opposite Sag. Neptune squaring my Saturn)

It is the eight house I hang out mostly I guess, with most planets there...

Haven't done much readings to other people. I look at friends charts, and can say something, but are not so organized or experienced with sessions, to make a story.
Mostly into modern astrology. And the centaur planets. And I am a subscriber at Eric Francis astrology.

Am most interested in transits to natal planets. And am going though enough of that at the moment.

I am born in june 1980, male, from Norway.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Hello people interested in astrology :)
I have been a member of this forum now since 2010 I believe,
from the time around I began actively learning bits and pieces of the workings of Astrology.
From reading different fortune tellers, and astrologers saying things that was concerning me,
from on-line readings and forecasts, I had always felt a bit controlled from the magic of it,
and afraid of how these people wrote and said would influence me.
Like a priest talking downwards, in some cases.
I wanted to try and see for myself, how things worked.
The first challenge, I think was involved for me learning astrology,
was how some things, seemed so deterministic and fated,
and how I easily would project my own wishes and fears and imaginations/ illusions on to the planets, transits,
and looking on synastry (yes, a girl I liked was partly reason I got into it).
So I feel that has been a parallel growth process with learning to discern and to just observe and learn, slowly.
Has given me a more free and natural view on the life and these synchronistic (in this case planetary) phenomenons.
And hopefully to have come in a bit more healthy relationship with "source".

Its an ongoing learning process...

welcome Sovalis :smile:
you'll enjoy these FREE online resource on PLANETS
- for example

SUN
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/sun.html
VENUS http://www.skyscript.co.uk/venus.html

keep in mind that
the "One-Size-fits-All-School-Of-Unreliable-Cookbook-Recipe-Astrology" is fun
but leads many astray from studying the chart as a whole
http://forumonastrology.com/foa/newmain.html

I come from an art/philosoply/poetic education.
Have studied the fine arts eight of my formative years.

(Ninth house Saturn / Jupiter and Mars).

The name Sovalis I coined for my self as a combination of the poet Novalis and Sol (sun),
when I had an imaginative personal moment of adventurous kind of astral travel, it was a fantasy.
(a Sun Venus r. opposite Sag. Neptune squaring my Saturn)

SIGNS info resource:
LEO http://www.skyscript.co.uk/leo.html
SAGITTARIUS http://www.skyscript.co.uk/sagittarius.html

HOUSES
such as:
1st House
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h1.html
9th House http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h9.html

JUPITERASC

It is the eight house I hang out mostly I guess, with most planets there...

Haven't done much readings to other people.
I look at friends charts, and can say something,
but are not so organized or experienced with sessions, to make a story.

A PLANET acts

A HOUSE shows the area of life
in which the planet acts

as well as
how strongly the planet can act

houses-labeled.gif

and furthermore
the
quality of the planet's expression
is influenced by the SIGN location of the PLANET

Analogy of a 'performance' or 'play' is a way of "telling the story" :smile:

for example we have

12 basic 'backdrops' to the theatre or movie of a natal chart
Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces

wheel-layers-3d.jpg

and then

Each of those 12 'backdrops' - dependent on time of birth -
is pinned as an individual 'background or cusp'
on each of the 12 basic 'scenes' aka 'houses'

1. Birth/Self/Appearance/Vitality/Strength

2. Resources, material comforts, earnings
and all issues concerning wealth or of a financial nature
including the manner of attaining wealth, personal goods and belongings,
assets, income, gain, money lent to others, profit (or loss when afflicted),
support and assistance from others. http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h2.html

3 Brothers and sisters, cousins or general members of the family
(not parents, they belong to the 4th scene aka house).
Neighbors and local neighborhood. The environment in which we live and work.
Short journeys or those made on a regular basis.
Letters, rumors, reports, messages and messengers.
Communications generally. Newspapers, magazines, telephones, postal service.
Written deeds and contracts. Speeches and debates.
Our ability to express ourselves and communicate to others.
Languages, mobility skills and self-expression http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h3.html

and so on..........

....each 'scene' aka 'house' features planets as 'actors' within any one of the 12 basic 'scenes' or 'houses'
'performing' before the 'backdrop' of the 12 'signs'

for example
Venus and Jupiter are in general thought of as the 'good guys'
Mars and Saturn are traditionally the 'villains of the piece'
Mercury can be the 'dodgy geezer', sometimes good sometimes not so good dependent on the company Mercury keeps :smile:

Scenes often 'merge'
taking into account that planets in each others houses influence the 'script'
adding layers to the 'drama'
an analysis may be as complex or as basic as one prefers

JUPITERASC

Mostly into modern astrology. And the centaur planets. And I am a subscriber at Eric Francis astrology.

Am most interested in transits to natal planets.

And am going though enough of that at the moment.

TRANSITS may be our "travelling players of the astrological drama"
putting in temporary appearances :smile:

for example
transiting MOON is "on the scene" for approximately only 2.5 days
before travelling on to the next venue

MERCURY puts in an appearance "for one week only" then on to the next scene
after nineteen days
VENUS goes to the next stage
SUN sticks around for a month
MARS fifty-seven days
JUPITER a year
SATURN two and a half years

Sovalis

Thank you for all the good info. Basic stuff. Which I am pretty much familiar with allready, but would always have in handy for further studies.

Thanks so much for the velcome. Lets see if I will beginn writing here in the forum when I get warmed up :smile:

Sovalis

TRANSITS may be our "travelling players of the astrological drama"
putting in temporary appearances :smile:

for example
transiting MOON is "on the scene" for approximately only 2.5 days
before travelling on to the next venue

MERCURY puts in an appearance "for one week only" then on to the next scene
after nineteen days
VENUS goes to the next stage
SUN sticks around for a month
MARS fifty-seven days
JUPITER a year
SATURN two and a half years

"...putting on temporary appearances" I liked that what you said :wink:
So, when for instance saturn opposes a planet at one stage, to lets say the sun, and opposes another planet the year after, it's like a costume change and to the next act in between, with often introducing also new characters, and the absence of earlier characters, one has come to know so well :sideways: I like the idea that by new transits, the things that which has proceeded has prepared one for the next movement. But sometimes in a drama surprises and unexpected events occur :devil:
Also like to follow with the progressed chart in tandem with transits, sun into new sign, retrograde planet turning direct, sun approaching aspects to outer planets ect, brings a totally new backdrop to the "astrological drama", and I am often amazed to see how the events by the transits and by progression seem to relate with each other...

Sovalis

HAH! Just had to check, since me here deciding to finally write something in this forum, and introduce myself, right in the mercury retrograde. And bang bing, checked the date I registered here 20.08.2011 Mercury was retrograde, Of course :biggrin: Need to chack my notes from back then. Perhaps something can turn up in relation to what I am going through by review today. yeah, a good day to dig in the box of journals perhaps.

puts thinking to the notion that a Mercury retrograde phase is a place where things that went on before will resurface and further. Like when Java is telling you to update every single or other retrograde phace, review of things that are in a flyx of change.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

"...putting on temporary appearances" I liked that what you said :wink:
So, when for instance saturn opposes a planet at one stage, to lets say the sun,
and opposes another planet the year after, it's like a costume change
and to the next act in between, with often introducing also new characters,
and the absence of earlier characters, one has come to know so well :sideways:
I like the idea that by new transits, the things that which has proceeded has prepared one for the next movement.
But sometimes in a drama surprises and unexpected events occur :devil:
Also like to follow with the progressed chart in tandem with transits, sun into new sign,
retrograde planet turning direct, sun approaching aspects to outer planets ect,
brings a totally new backdrop to the "astrological drama", and I am often amazed to see
how the events by the transits and by progression seem to relate with each other...
PROFECTION is a traditional methodology that may be of interest to you :smile:
-profection is where the entire chart is advanced one sign per year of life
then for that given year the profected places of the planets are compared with their natal positions

i.e.

Profecting the chart, or recasting it
moves the ASC through one sign/house when using whole signs.
Each sign and everything in it, are advanced one sign per profection year,
and then that "turned" profection chart is compared to the natal planetary placements
for indications for that profection year.

Combination of profection with actual transits, progressions, have been used,
and use of more than one method
comparing the results
can often give more accurate results than just one method

ProfectionWheel.jpg

however, dr. farr mentions that Pauline profection as given by Paulus and Olympiodorus

was not connected with either transit or Solar Return or primary directions
and was a stand alone technique

Retro

Banned
Welcome to the forum, Sovalis. Do you want to know more about your chart? Just post it in the appropriate place. Lead to new information it will you.

Sovalis

PROFECTION is a traditional methodology that may be of interest to you :smile:
-profection is where the entire chart is advanced one sign per year of life
then for that given year the profected places of the planets are compared with their natal positions

i.e.

Profecting the chart, or recasting it
moves the ASC through one sign/house when using whole signs.
Each sign and everything in it, are advanced one sign per profection year,
and then that "turned" profection chart is compared to the natal planetary placements
for indications for that profection year.

Combination of profection with actual transits, progressions, have been used,
and use of more than one method
comparing the results
can often give more accurate results than just one method

ProfectionWheel.jpg

however, dr. farr mentions that Pauline profection as given by Paulus and Olympiodorus

was not connected with either transit or Solar Return or primary directions
and was a stand alone technique

Interesting. I wasn't familiar with this system. So all the planets and ascendant stays at the same degree but just moves one sign each year, on the birthday?
Looks like I am closing to have the ascendant back at the beginning this june. Scorpio. It being a traditional system, I guess I should count Mars, and not Pluto as the lord for next year then? Funny thing. My solar return chart has Mars exc conjunct the ascendant, I guess I have my answer right there :lol: Am going through a transit by Saturn as well, to my natal Mars at the moment, when it turned retrograde exactly to the ark minute squaring it. Pluto is in a Trine to my Mars at the moment as well, also opposing my Moon/Mercury/(......) conjunction, also in trine to Chiron on the other end. So it would make sense that it is a Pluto year as well for me next year, when the Lord of the underworld squares my natal Pluto.

:love:

Last edited:

Sovalis

Welcome to the forum, Sovalis. Do you want to know more about your chart? Just post it in the appropriate place. Lead to new information it will you.

Thank you for the welcome. Looking forward to visiting and writing in the forums more. As a Cancer Moon I think I like to stay in shallow waters,meaning here, just to begin with at least :smile: