Could I be Indigo

murkybelow

I´ve just started learning about the Indigo Child concept for the last month or so. Everything I read concerning the charactersistics of Indigo kids resonated with me very strongly.

I´m wondering if my chart shows any indications of this - so far I know the Nep. and Cap conjunct. and style of chart do relate.

Any other insight would be much appreciated

Smiles,

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-07-05 at 10.19.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-07-05 at 10.19.46 PM.png
    144.5 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
Everyone wants to be an indigo kid. We all want to part of the next generation of humans. Hardly anyone is, if there really is something like that.

You probably aren't. What's your IQ? You'll need to have one of at least 150 to get started.

Virinchi

i could relate to 100% of what is described about indigos but still i prefer to live out of all these past/present/future generations

Culpeper

Premium Member
The difficulty is finding a specific house for indigo child. The child would be the 5th house ruled by Mercury. After some searching through my astrology books, I found that the color indigo is said to be ruled by Saturn. In your chart Saturn rules the first house through Aquarius. Mercury is with Saturn. Aquarius is also your sun sign. So there are several possible testimonies for what you are thinking of.

GalacticEgg

Everyone wants to be an indigo kid. We all want to part of the next generation of humans. Hardly anyone is, if there really is something like that.

You probably aren't. What's your IQ? You'll need to have one of at least 150 to get started.

Why is IQ relevant...ever?

astrology02

I have a friend who is a "starseed" if you have heard of that? She is someone who was brought to this earth to bring light to others. She says she feels like an alien sometimes and can't relate to other people so often feels alone. She is very kind/compassionate and always seems to be helping others with their problems. Starseeds and indigos are unworldly ...they operate at a different vibration than the rest of us. Someone told me if you have a lot of planets in the 25 degree-27 degree range this could show that.

My friend is very smart- in high school she got a 98 in advanced math without even studying!!! But she has an average job and doesn't come across as super intelligent ...but she definitely has the capabilities....she's not really the stereotypical smart person and rebels against any form of structure...she likes to live life on her own terms- not by society's standards.

Also- have you felt depressed and alone before? Indigos and star seeds often feel very depressed early in life because they have a pure energy that is very positive and on earth most people operate at a very negative vibration- so it takes some time to get used to.

Also are you extremely empathetic towards others?

And do you have psychic abilities- my friend has dreams and can foresee things before they happen

If you go to a psychic, they will be able to tell- a lot of time psychics won't be able to read you if you are an indigo because "you are not of this earth" and you have a different energy.

You aura- if you could go get your aura read would be a bright white light- almost like an angel's halo around your head....this symbolizes the purity of your energy.

retinoid

Indigo means that you had previously incarnations in other worlds/dimensions and, theoretically, came here or were sent here to help others or earth. When you are out of the shell of this reality, which can but does not always include death, you realize 'time' is not linear and things that seem to happen in sequence happens all at once, you just plug into them (they are all happening at this moment though). We just 'view' them as happening one after another from the frame of reference we are in right now...such as past lives and current lives. Certain drugs can impair the ego (the shell of this life, traits, self, etc.) to such a degree that you can realize that your consciousness, is everywhere and that you indeed exist in other dimensions and planets and your consciousness permeates the trees, insects, animals...but in reality these things aren't you either. It is that which gives life to these things. Most people with many incarnations have existed in other worlds and dimensions. Our souls are all the same age, but all souls have not had equal amounts of experiences...

Hosh

Any other insight would be much appreciated

According the original book published to put this together, The Indigo Children: The New Kids Have Arrived, Lee Carroll and Jan Tober, they interviewed the woman who first brought this to light. Her name is Nancy Ann Tappe. Tappe wrote a book called Understanding Your Life Through Color, and she had noticed that after a certain year, people were no longer being born with some of the life colors, and there were more and more people being born with a new color. That new color, according to her, is indigo. She also claims, past a certain year, all the children are being born indigo.

In both times I have read the book, I have found the book not to be very insightful. Much of it relates more to parents feeling very special about their children, or how to "deal" with indigo kids, rather than dealing with themselves.

I think James Twyman's Emissary of Love as a better starting place for finding your life purpose. Everyone, whether you are "indigo" or not, are expressions of Universe. Twyman had encountered some folk who taught, what would you do right now if you knew you are an emissary of love? Check it out sometime.

There is one interesting tidbit Tappe had said. She says, each of the life colors comes with a "curriculum", that is, if you see incarnation as a school of sort, learning some particular lesson or experience. She says, indigo kids are not born with a curriculum, and it won't show up until they are 26, 27, and then there's a shift.

Age 28 and 29 is about when you get the first Saturn Return. Based on my experience with mine's, and based on what I've read about it in the psychological / karmic astrology literature, this makes a lot of sense. Your entire first Saturn Return is you "booting up", where Saturn shows you how each of the consciousness radiating from the signs works and manifests in your life. Then when you get your first Saturn Return, Saturn is saying, "Ok. Now it's your turn."

Your chart says you are born in 1994, so you would not have had your first Saturn Return. My suggestion:

(1) Don't worry about whether you are an "indigo" or not. It doesn't matter. Those are labels more to make parents happy than to make you happy. However, I would encourage you to find out more deeply about Indigos in general. There are other prophecies and earth changes that are related to this. There are a lot of literature, if reading is what you like to do.

(2) If you have not found your purpose yet, that's fine too. What you are doing now is preparing you for what you will be doing. Trust me, you'll look back and be amazed at how things turned out.

(3) I highly recommend starting up a meditative practice. Mindfulness is the fastest way to get to know yourself. You cannot find yourself in books, in forums, or on Google. A good starting primer available for free online is: http://www.urbandharma.org/udharma4/mpe.html

Namaste

Last edited:

Hosh

I have a friend who is a "starseed" if you have heard of that? She is someone who was brought to this earth to bring light to others. She says she feels like an alien sometimes and can't relate to other people so often feels alone.

I've heard of starseeds. I've also met people who have incarnated from other dimensions. One of them is quite old, I think past his 60s.

Actually, pretty much all of us have incarnated from elsewhere. The cycles of incarnations have been going on for a very long time (think, millions of cycles), though you can't typically access more than about 12 (ish) in a given "arc" if at all.

In any case, I saw this aspect of my friend while he was Face Dancing. It's not hard to do.

You go to some place that has a mirror, such as the bathroom. You make sure there is very dim light, like at night with just a candle. Relax, breath, and unfocus your eyes. As the candle flickers, the pattern matching part of your brain starts recognizing new faces. Sometimes, they gel into something stable and alien.

Hosh

I´m wondering if my chart shows any indications of this - so far I know the Nep. and Cap conjunct. and style of chart do relate.

Oh, one more. I just looked at your chart.

Your Mean North Node is in close conjunct with your Pluto in Scorpio, in the 9th House. (I usually use True North Node, but whatever, this works too).

These questions you are asking about yourself, about spirituality, about the cosmos will be something you will always be asking for the rest of your life. North Node indicates where your soul is travelling to (in the grand incarnation cycles), and where it has been is in the South Node -- in this case, Taurus in the 3rd House.

In other words, you have been working with hard facts, practical knowledge, and now this time around, you are exploring the deeper wisdom. Things that can experienced and realized, but never proven.

That Pluto in Scorpio conjuncting your North Node is more or less saying, you are deeply committing yourself to this path. Pluto is a very powerful teacher, more intense than Saturn. I think you might find yourself going deep with this, places that most people are typically frightened of, and yet, these are sources of great wisdom. I find it interesting this coincides with the handle you've chosen, "murkeybelow". That's a very Pluto/Scorpio thing.

I mentioned Saturn Returns earlier too. Saturn is currently in the early part of Scorpio, and just about to come out of retrograde tomorrow (Jul 8th). So it is transiting your 9th House, and probably bringing up all sorts of interesting things for you to experience spiritually. You might find an interesting turning point once Saturn conjuncts your natal Pluto.

Since pretty much most of your planets are clustered from Scorpio through Pisces, you're going to have a good time and plenty of opportunity to explore all of this stuff. :)

murkybelow

I have a friend who is a "starseed" if you have heard of that? She is someone who was brought to this earth to bring light to others. She says she feels like an alien sometimes and can't relate to other people so often feels alone. She is very kind/compassionate and always seems to be helping others with their problems. Starseeds and indigos are unworldly ...they operate at a different vibration than the rest of us. Someone told me if you have a lot of planets in the 25 degree-27 degree range this could show that.

My friend is very smart- in high school she got a 98 in advanced math without even studying!!! But she has an average job and doesn't come across as super intelligent ...but she definitely has the capabilities....she's not really the stereotypical smart person and rebels against any form of structure...she likes to live life on her own terms- not by society's standards.

Also- have you felt depressed and alone before? Indigos and star seeds often feel very depressed early in life because they have a pure energy that is very positive and on earth most people operate at a very negative vibration- so it takes some time to get used to.

Also are you extremely empathetic towards others?

And do you have psychic abilities- my friend has dreams and can foresee things before they happen

If you go to a psychic, they will be able to tell- a lot of time psychics won't be able to read you if you are an indigo because "you are not of this earth" and you have a different energy.

You aura- if you could go get your aura read would be a bright white light- almost like an angel's halo around your head....this symbolizes the purity of your energy.

Hey, thanks for the reply:

yes I've been reading up on other *star children* identities and watched a few vids on starseeds. - I ran through a characteristics list and didn't identify too much with it. However, most of this cognitive universe information is new to me, but I feel as if a huge tide is shifting within my life, and many spiritual things are being revealed to me. At this time I am tremendously sensitive about EVERYthing (complete) opposite from my usual cold self .. it's rather like I'm drowning in the feeling that is the pisces realm.

Friend - With regards to your friend, I feel a minor connection... like I do see things while dreaming that are otherworldly - but I don't remember when "concious". Also I've been told by friends that I make odd noises while sleeping (but i guess this is common) - I say this because it reminded me of some material is was reading on the behavior of crystal children when much younger.

Depression - I often do feel depressed and alone - despite having tons of friends - i just never seem to let too many in to see the real me, because .. I guess I fear they'll think I'm insane/bizarre. I also feel like I absorb people's energy easily, like I don't need to ask if somethings wrong.. I can sense it even before I look at someone's face. - it can be very unsettling.

Empathy - I tend to be very empathetic about other beings (ended up vegan 1st yr in college) , have a great dislike for violence, love animals ( even the strays I may see on the street)

Psychic - The last few weeks I've been hanging with a specific group of friends, we all seem to be on the wave pattern perhaps - one thinking the same as another (and then one of them mentions the thought) - I like to call it telepathy, matter - o - fact I wrote a poem about this 4 years ago (NOW it makes sense)

One more thing - I do remember a dream I had when very young ( I'm still not sure if it was once on Earth or if in another realm: but I remember being in an open expanse (surrounded in white light looking down.. I assume to earth... at my mom) - I felt at home "above" and despite being small - I assume infantile ( I could talk) - until now I'd always assumed it was something I saw on TV or perhaps dreamed but recently it seems clear as day... hmmm

btw my ASC is at 25 Deg Aqu. - maybe that's a link?

Last edited:

murkybelow

Indigo means that you had previously incarnations in other worlds/dimensions and, theoretically, came here or were sent here to help others or earth. When you are out of the shell of this reality, which can but does not always include death, you realize 'time' is not linear and things that seem to happen in sequence happens all at once, you just plug into them (they are all happening at this moment though). We just 'view' them as happening one after another from the frame of reference we are in right now...such as past lives and current lives. Certain drugs can impair the ego (the shell of this life, traits, self, etc.) to such a degree that you can realize that your consciousness, is everywhere and that you indeed exist in other dimensions and planets and your consciousness permeates the trees, insects, animals...but in reality these things aren't you either. It is that which gives life to these things. Most people with many incarnations have existed in other worlds and dimensions. Our souls are all the same age, but all souls have not had equal amounts of experiences...

Thanks Retinoid!

A few things you said popped out at me. - I guess at some point every child feels this ways but,

I don't think I can ever recall at time in my life where I wasn't dreaming about saving people - with all the daily confusion that can take away from thinking about that goal.. I'd have to say my existence in this life wouldn't be complete without helping to save people somehow .. in whatever they need.

Time - quite frankly I hate it. Can't stand watches, I'm always , always late, hate anything like a schedule or being boxed in to a specific timeline etc..

I've seen GIFs online but I'm still trying to wrap my head around time not being linear - perhaps soon I'll have a clearer image.

I do remember being fascinated by anything other-worldly as a child.... and find myself creeping back to that state.

Unsolved mysteries (which featured UFO stories, parallel universes, ghosts anything sci fi etc. always spooked but fascinated me - taking my dreams to another realm I'd say), no movie shook me to the core more than AI (artificial intelligence) ... - I was very young when I first saw and didn't learn the name until very recently ( but it's been a very powerful memory in my life)

Last edited:

murkybelow

According the original book published to put this together, The Indigo Children: The New Kids Have Arrived, Lee Carroll and Jan Tober, they interviewed the woman who first brought this to light. Her name is Nancy Ann Tappe. Tappe wrote a book called Understanding Your Life Through Color, and she had noticed that after a certain year, people were no longer being born with some of the life colors, and there were more and more people being born with a new color. That new color, according to her, is indigo. She also claims, past a certain year, all the children are being born indigo.

In both times I have read the book, I have found the book not to be very insightful. Much of it relates more to parents feeling very special about their children, or how to "deal" with indigo kids, rather than dealing with themselves.

I think James Twyman's Emissary of Love as a better starting place for finding your life purpose. Everyone, whether you are "indigo" or not, are expressions of Universe. Twyman had encountered some folk who taught, what would you do right now if you knew you are an emissary of love? Check it out sometime.

There is one interesting tidbit Tappe had said. She says, each of the life colors comes with a "curriculum", that is, if you see incarnation as a school of sort, learning some particular lesson or experience. She says, indigo kids are not born with a curriculum, and it won't show up until they are 26, 27, and then there's a shift.

Age 28 and 29 is about when you get the first Saturn Return. Based on my experience with mine's, and based on what I've read about it in the psychological / karmic astrology literature, this makes a lot of sense. Your entire first Saturn Return is you "booting up", where Saturn shows you how each of the consciousness radiating from the signs works and manifests in your life. Then when you get your first Saturn Return, Saturn is saying, "Ok. Now it's your turn."

Your chart says you are born in 1994, so you would not have had your first Saturn Return. My suggestion:

(1) Don't worry about whether you are an "indigo" or not. It doesn't matter. Those are labels more to make parents happy than to make you happy. However, I would encourage you to find out more deeply about Indigos in general. There are other prophecies and earth changes that are related to this. There are a lot of literature, if reading is what you like to do.

(2) If you have not found your purpose yet, that's fine too. What you are doing now is preparing you for what you will be doing. Trust me, you'll look back and be amazed at how things turned out.

(3) I highly recommend starting up a meditative practice. Mindfulness is the fastest way to get to know yourself. You cannot find yourself in books, in forums, or on Google. A good starting primer available for free online is: http://www.urbandharma.org/udharma4/mpe.html

Namaste

Hey Hosh,

I did check out Indigo Incite by Jacinda Buchmann - but I'm more curious for other ones to read - thanks for the tip on Emissary of Love

Curriculum - dear God, I've been jumping from one passion to next for the last 5 years, nothing seems to be sticking in terms of long term interest. I seem to dive in, obsessively for about a year or so, and then move onto the next one - I like to think of it as collective experiential learning, but I feel like I need to settle down with at least one thing. - let's hope a curriculum shows up soon then .. I still have 7 years left...

Hmm I did do yoga consistently for year.. and I'm looking to start it up again... thanks for advice, I think I needed to hear that - I'll check out the link

Namaste (" I honor the divine in you") Om

murkybelow

Oh, one more. I just looked at your chart.

Your Mean North Node is in close conjunct with your Pluto in Scorpio, in the 9th House. (I usually use True North Node, but whatever, this works too).

These questions you are asking about yourself, about spirituality, about the cosmos will be something you will always be asking for the rest of your life. North Node indicates where your soul is travelling to (in the grand incarnation cycles), and where it has been is in the South Node -- in this case, Taurus in the 3rd House.

In other words, you have been working with hard facts, practical knowledge, and now this time around, you are exploring the deeper wisdom. Things that can experienced and realized, but never proven.

That Pluto in Scorpio conjuncting your North Node is more or less saying, you are deeply committing yourself to this path. Pluto is a very powerful teacher, more intense than Saturn. I think you might find yourself going deep with this, places that most people are typically frightened of, and yet, these are sources of great wisdom. I find it interesting this coincides with the handle you've chosen, "murkeybelow". That's a very Pluto/Scorpio thing.

I mentioned Saturn Returns earlier too. Saturn is currently in the early part of Scorpio, and just about to come out of retrograde tomorrow (Jul 8th). So it is transiting your 9th House, and probably bringing up all sorts of interesting things for you to experience spiritually. You might find an interesting turning point once Saturn conjuncts your natal Pluto.

Since pretty much most of your planets are clustered from Scorpio through Pisces, you're going to have a good time and plenty of opportunity to explore all of this stuff. :)

:) yay astrology translations

up until now .. i didn't really know what to take from my North node placement thanks for message. It definitely explains why I've always been a rebel of sorts whenever it came to religious theology ( i grew conservatively Christian) - but It never really explained all the universal questions I'd had) - and I'd always hated the idea of religion being tied to culture, but yet often aiming to disprove another.. it always seemed so unfair.

Thanks again <3