Is my friend ill ?

dreamtimez

This is about a very close friend who went abroad for his job. We talked over phone before he left but since then he has been out of touch.

I cast a chart to know how he was.

As the querent I am represented by Venus in Libra/Scorpio cusp. My friend is represented by Mars in Libra. In the chart I find Mars is in detriment and conjoined with Mercury, ruler of houses 8 and 11. Mercury is turning retrograde tomorrow. I am very worried about him ... is he ill ?

I just hope everything turns out well. Please help me interpret this further.
Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• currentchart-display.php.gif
    currentchart-display.php.gif
    11.5 KB · Views: 28

aquarius7000

Hi Dream,

There actually seem to be a couple of things, which could've been better in the chart. I might not be able to give you a straightforward answer, but I will point out the aspects etc. that hit me, looking at the chart, nonetheless. Please this is just a horary attempt, and doesn't have to be right.;)

Mars in Libra, signifying your friend, in detriment, as you observed

Mars' placement in your sixth also bodes worry/cause to worry.

Moon, in dignity in Cancer, but squaring Mars.

Looking at you, Moon squaring planets in your sixth house (malefic house of sickness) points at your worries- which are related to Mars- your friend (placed there).

Notice also that the Moon opposes Jupiter (though by 7°), and Jup rules your house of friendships again signifying your worries having to do with friendships/friends - and perhaps also validating the motive of the question, even the question itself. (Though this does not answer the Q, whether or not the friend is ill, but endorses your suspicion in a way, IMO). Similarly perhaps, Jup's placement in your eight (as the querent) is also not auspicious.

Moon also squares Mer, which rules your friends eight- implies worries your friend might have.., as eight again is a malefic house.

Moon's location in the friends ninth, along with its difficult aspects, might hint at the fact that the foreign land didn't suit him/her well. Maybe it's all just stress related.

The 'detrimented' Mars also rules your friend's sixth (health), and is placed in his/her twelfth.

Mars and Venus placed so closely in the chart hint at the closeness between the two of you. :)

Looking at Saturn in your friends eleventh (esp as it rules his/her third) shows hindrance in/ loss of communication with friends. Now, you don't consider the outers in horary (and Ura is not angular here either), but look at how aptly, otherwise, the house placement of Sat (in friend's 11th) in opposition to Ura (in your eleventh) might endorse the aforementioned- sudden break of communication/contact.

Well, I hope somebody else might be able to show some glimmer of light. Do give us some feedback when you hear from your friend.

Best
:)aquarius7000

cassanra

Quite good. The only other thing is the sun, typical indicator of health is at 0 degrees and kind of alone right now. I don't have the chart in fromt of me of dignities but I do not think the sun has any at 0 degrees in libra. It is somewhat dignified i the 5th so i would say he is not too ill but bad enough he will not call.

dreamtimez

Thank you aquarius. :)

Your answer helped me to see the situation clearly. Though it cannot be perhaps said with certainty whether he is terribly ill ... it is clear that he is not ok. Perhaps the job, perhaps his health. Incidentally the 6th house rules both, I guess (lot to learn) and both the first house (self) and sixth house (workplace, daily routine) are ruled by an afflicted Mars in the twelfth house. Particularly the association with Mercury ... that is what really prompted me to post the question and seek the opinions of others ! I just hope that my fears are unfounded. Well, Mercury has gone retrograde. What would that signify ?

And you are so right with the communication !!! It was a sudden break ... the Saturn/ Uranus opposition, horary is so amazing. I will try to get in touch with him ... and ofcourse I will update this as soon as I have new information. In the mean time all I can do is pray that everything goes well.

Thank you, once more
Take care

Last edited:

dreamtimez

Thank you, cassanra :)

cassanra said:
The only other thing is the sun, typical indicator of health is at 0 degrees and kind of alone right now.
This is a significant point and it becomes even more so if we consider the fact that Sun will change signs and enter Libra. Sun is in its fall here ... so this is another indication of ill-health.

However, things may get better eventually when Mars moves out of Libra and enters Scorpio. Mars will be in dignity ... but that will take a long time !! Venus will be in its detriment soon when Venus changes signs and moves into Scorpio and as far as I see, I'll go out of my mind worrying what happened !!! But then that's what friends are for ;)

Take care.