Zodiac signs for countries, just for fun

Gemini888

Just some crazy idea of mine to assign signs on countries based on their characteristic.

I think France is a very Cancerian country. One prominent feature of France is its food, now that's the first :cancer: thing right here. Family also plays a strong role in the French culture. The French are also so proud of their country and language that they establish an entire institution just to protect their "pure" French. And :cancer: is about the home and the origin. France also produces, or at least produced, a large number of creative writers, philosophers and film people, all things related to the art (now that's watery). And one characteristic of their books/movies is the existentialism. Now I could classify it as a Pisces thing but there is also a certain forcefulness in their philosophy too strong for Pisces (the French revolutionary anyone?). This forcefulness is closer to a cardinal sign, and that's where :cancer: comes in.

The US is very Sagittarius. The Americans have this mindset to always smile and be friendly when talking to people. They also have a more positive outlook of life than other countries, especially European countries. In a typical American movie the bad guy is punished and the good guy gets all the goodness. That's the optimism of :sagittarius:. The US is also a melting pot of several other nationalities and races, although they may not get on well with each other (yeah, I'm aware of all the racism going on, but compared to other European countries, America is actually quite tolerant). :sagittarius: is a sign that embraces different people of different types. It may clash with them, but it still embraces them nonetheless. A lot of people see going to America as a way to expand their opportunity in life, that's a Jupiter mindset here. And also don't forget the wanderlust of :sagittarius:. America was discovered because a captain wanted to explore other possibilities of the world. And the wild west displayed all the wild side of :sagittarius:.

Japan is quite Virgo to me. The perfectionism is all over the place. The ancient warrior was supposed to win every battle or kill himself off. Sushi chefs have to make a perfect sushi dish or throw everything into the trashcan. Japan is also so humble they have an entire vocabulary for greeting, apologizing, congratulating and other stuff. :virgo: is also an extremist at organizing. Everything in Japan is neat and scheduled. Schools, for example, start at the same time and undergo the same rituals for opening, graduation... But :virgo: is a mutable sign, and we see the other side of Japan, which is the weird stuff everyone talks about.

I would say Britain is a :capricorn: sun :aquarius: moon country. A typical Brit isn't the friendliest person you meet. They would rather you leave them alone minding their own business. They are also somewhat past-oriented and they have built a strong hesitate that they would like to keep for generations. But now and again you see a weird Aquarian individual stand out from the crowd and the community embraces them, though it's uncertain what they do with them (Mr. Bean anyone?). Deep down the Brit seem to like quirky things, but they want to keep it classy and they won't talk about it until something quirky happens.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
I've heard countries in Eastern Asia are mostly Libra (or is it Libran?), with Venus in Virgo.

Outward diplomacy and "saving face" are the rule of the day. While complex stratagems and maneuvers goes on behind the scenes. Back-door-deals through interconnected relationships are how society function.

Venus rules aesthetics and values.

Female aesthetic are based on virginity, purity and youth. (Virgo)

Cultural values are based on familial duty. Traits such as respecting the elder, diligence, hard work, thrift, being humble, and personal sacrifice for the next generation; are valued as desirable paradigms of society. (Virgo)

waybread

Have you got a copy of Rex E. Bills, The Rulership Book? He's got quite a list of ruling planets for different countries, cities, and other types of places. You don't have to make it up, although there's no harm in it.