progressed composite midpoint?

turkish girl

I know that progressed charts has a lot to say about us as individuals.But i wonder if it has words on relationship compatibility.How important is pregressed composite chart?What is the difference with normal composite one?

I know the general meaning of composite charts and progressed ones.But how should i interpret the meaning of progression on a relationship?

IleneK

Premium Member
I know that progressed charts has a lot to say about us as individuals.But i wonder if it has words on relationship compatibility.How important is pregressed composite chart?What is the difference with normal composite one?

I know the general meaning of composite charts and progressed ones.But how should i interpret the meaning of progression on a relationship?

A composite is an interesting construct for some, taking the nearest average position of corresponding planets and points in two charts and then representing those points as the combined chart for the couple. But the average of the planets/points in a composite chart can never represent actual planetary positions for any point in time, like a birth chart does. And if that is true, then there is no way to progress it because you can't advance each planet a day for a year, for example.

So the short answer is that progressing a composite chart is not possible astronomically. So progressing a composite is not meaningful.

Now maybe you can progress the two individual charts and then make them into a composite.

But quite honestly, I don't think the composite by itself has any meaning either. Just because you can construct one doesn't mean it has any inherent sense to it. It is merely the average of unrelated pairs of planets and points. The average doesn't particularly mean anything, although there is a body of astrology that looks at midpoints of related planets and points, [meaning coming from the same chart] that can yield some very compelling delineations, but again, this is about an individual chart.

To me, synastry tells you about the relationship and there is no way to have a single chart that represents a couple, unless it were the chart for the moment that you came together, or got married or something like that.

Just my 2 cents about it. I am sure others who use composites may see it differently.

Last edited:

turkish girl

A composite is an interesting construct for some, taking the nearest average position of corresponding planets and points in two charts and then representing those points as the combined chart for the couple. But the average of the planets/points in a composite chart can never represent actual planetary positions for any point in time, like a birth chart does. And if that is true, then there is no way to progress it because you can't advance each planet a day for a year, for example.

So the short answer is that progressing a composite chart is not possible astronomically. So progressing a composite is not meaningful.

Now maybe you can progress the two individual charts and then make them into a composite.

But quite honestly, I don't think the composite by itself has any meaning either. Just because you can construct one doesn't mean it has any inherent sense to it. It is merely the average of unrelated pairs of planets and points. The average doesn't particularly mean anything, although there is a body of astrology that looks at midpoints of related planets and points, [meaning coming from the same chart] that can yield some very compelling delineations, but again, this is about an individual chart.

To me, synastry tells you about the relationship and there is no way to have a single chart that represents a couple, unless it were the chart for the moment that you came together, or got married or something like that.

Just my 2 cents about it. I am sure others who use composites may see it differently.

Thank you IleneK

I understood the progression stuff which you explained.But how can you explain the couple with good synastry but do not get along with each other?They oftenly say there is attraction and good feelings but when two come together composite also works and they seperate if the composite does not support.

I have seen lots and lots of articles about which one is more important and which one we should take seriously etc.I think it depends on every astrologers style.

IleneK

Premium Member
Thank you IleneK

I understood the progression stuff which you explained.But how can you explain the couple with good synastry but do not get along with each other?They oftenly say there is attraction and good feelings but when two come together composite also works and they seperate if the composite does not support.

I have seen lots and lots of articles about which one is more important and which one we should take seriously etc.I think it depends on every astrologers style.

You are welcome, turkish girl.

There is no such thing as a synastry chart with only good contacts.
In synastry charts with good contacts, there are also unfavorable contacts. And in synastry charts with poor contacts, that look unencouraging, there are also favorable ones.

So people with good synastry can still not work out.
The same is true with a composite. It cannot be all good aspects.

It depends upon the couple as to whether they can work it out, not the charts, neither synastry nor composite.

I just think that synastry is made up of and uses actual planetary positions, so it seems more real to me. Composites by their very nature cannot ever reflect the planets in the heavens at a particular time.

This is all just my personal opinion. You should do what seems and works best for you.

I am wishing you the very best.

turkish girl

You are welcome, turkish girl.

There is no such thing as a synastry chart with only good contacts.
In synastry charts with good contacts, there are also unfavorable contacts. And in synastry charts with poor contacts, that look unencouraging, there are also favorable ones.

So people with good synastry can still not work out.
The same is true with a composite. It cannot be all good aspects.

It depends upon the couple as to whether they can work it out, not the charts, neither synastry nor composite.

I just think that synastry is made up of and uses actual planetary positions, so it seems more real to me. Composites by their very nature cannot ever reflect the planets in the heavens at a particular time.

This is all just my personal opinion. You should do what seems and works best for you.

I am wishing you the very best.

Thank you Ilenek:smile: