Does he want to break up with me?

ElenaJ

It doesn't change anything in the interpretation that you already saw.
It would just be applying a technical term, Translation of Light (TOL), to an aspect.
The moon had been opposing mars and would be then trine Venus, so we say it carries the light from mars to Venus.
Which is the same thing as I had written to you, without the technical reference.
Doesn't change anything, just sit tight and bide your time!

lunaluna

It doesn't change anything in the interpretation that you already saw.
It would just be applying a technical term, Translation of Light (TOL), to an aspect.
The moon had been opposing mars and would be then trine Venus, so we say it carries the light from mars to Venus.
Which is the same thing as I had written to you, without the technical reference.
Doesn't change anything, just sit tight and bide your time!

Thank you, I was asking about the technical part because I have heard of TOL but I don’t know how to recognize it in charts, too advanced for me haha

ElenaJ

It's basically when a planet moves from aspect wth one to aspect with another planet.
The energy it picks up from the first, it then carries to the second. So it creates a link between two planets that might not be in aspect between themselves.
In this case, it was moon moving between mars and Venus, who are the significators of the first chart you posted, where mars and Venus are not in aspect.

lunaluna

It's basically when a planet moves from aspect wth one to aspect with another planet.
The energy it picks up from the first, it then carries to the second. So it creates a link between two planets that might not be in aspect between themselves.
In this case, it was moon moving between mars and Venus, who are the significators of the first chart you posted, where mars and Venus are not in aspect.

I got that, but how do we interpret it? I see it as the Moon being a “messenger” here. If the planets were people, I’d be Mars, he’d be Venus and the Moon would be someone giving a message from me to him? It’s like that? What confuses me here is how to interpret the aspects, Mars opposed the Moon but Venus trined it, what does that mean? This confuses me so much, I should find articles to read to make it more clear probably

Edit: I found this:

Translation of light is primarily used in horary astrology in order to provide a means through which the relevant significators can perfect their aspect with each other, thus providing an affirmative answer to the question that was asked.

But I asked Does he want to break up, so could this mean that the answer was yes, he does? Or it’s not that simple

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Does he want to breakup?
What does this mean?
We would look for his significator being in some way moving towards a break up.
For example, if Venus were about to square Neptune or Uranus.
So in your chart, what is happening? What is he doing?
He will sextile Neptune, which is a positive aspect, and Neptune is co-ruler of your 5th.
Then he will trine pluto, which is a co-ruler of you as ascendent.
So, are we seeing the stage set for a breakup? Don't think so.
In addition, we have moon, the question and your co-significator coming to him by trine, which is a positive aspect. Thus, binding a relationship if you like, not destroying it.
So, we see him headed towards a positive position, not a negative one.
Therefore, a breakup does not look likely, does it?
Moon left an opposition to you mars, so in fact it isn't him, but you who had the idea of a breakup in mind! And in fact, you later told us this was the case, and you actually contacted him to break up.
Are you seeing the mechanism here?
So, I can understand your confusion in that the question itself, if you like, is a negative one. It isn't Will we remain together?, but the negative Will we not remain together because he closes it?
The quote you added is accurate. And had the question been a positive, Will we remain together?, the answer thanks to TOL would be affermative. Another way of putting it.
Don't let yourself be confused by terminology, it isn't necessary. Concentrate on the significators and the moon.

ElenaJ

PS. keep in mind this is my approach.
Others may have, and often do have, a different way of interpreting.
The important thing is to come to the same conclusion.

lunaluna

Does he want to breakup?
What does this mean?
We would look for his significator being in some way moving towards a break up.
For example, if Venus were about to square Neptune or Uranus.
So in your chart, what is happening? What is he doing?
He will sextile Neptune, which is a positive aspect, and Neptune is co-ruler of your 5th.
Then he will trine pluto, which is a co-ruler of you as ascendent.
So, are we seeing the stage set for a breakup? Don't think so.
In addition, we have moon, the question and your co-significator coming to him by trine, which is a positive aspect. Thus, binding a relationship if you like, not destroying it.
So, we see him headed towards a positive position, not a negative one.
Therefore, a breakup does not look likely, does it?
Moon left an opposition to you mars, so in fact it isn't him, but you who had the idea of a breakup in mind! And in fact, you later told us this was the case, and you actually contacted him to break up.
Are you seeing the mechanism here?
So, I can understand your confusion in that the question itself, if you like, is a negative one. It isn't Will we remain together?, but the negative Will we not remain together because he closes it?
The quote you added is accurate. And had the question been a positive, Will we remain together?, the answer thanks to TOL would be affermative. Another way of putting it.
Don't let yourself be confused by terminology, it isn't necessary. Concentrate on the significators and the moon.

Your explanation made it clear, thank you so much!! I was confused as to how to approach it, but as you said, I should look at the bigger picture and not get confused by the terminology.

lunaluna

PS. keep in mind this is my approach.
Others may have, and often do have, a different way of interpreting.
The important thing is to come to the same conclusion.

Well, only time will tell what will happen and I am letting it play out, moving on in the meantime. Truth be told, I am already feeling better, still a bit nostalgic, but better. Once again, thank you. ❤️

tikana

Venus is in its own house in its own sign - not a good thing
then we have uranus on desc - ugh yeah not looking good here

my guess is yes he does want to end it but my question is why are you letting him control the flow of the relationship? you feel something is wrong why stay?

lunaluna

Venus is in its own house in its own sign - not a good thing
then we have uranus on desc - ugh yeah not looking good here

my guess is yes he does want to end it but my question is why are you letting him control the flow of the relationship? you feel something is wrong why stay?

I broke it off, so I didn’t stay:)