Academic research?

Freya39

Hi guys!

I have been unemployed for a while and it seems like I can't find a job!
I've been thinking about doing a PhD and become an academic researcher.
But I don't know if I'm too smart to do a course like that.
I have a master degree and I'm an engineer. My PhD will be in electrical engineering field.

My chart is attached.

I have a stellium in 9th house sagittarius. Neptune is conjunct MC and I'm still very confused about my career!
Do I have a good chart to be a good academic researcher?

Most likely you will have an opportunity regarding your job. This because the Solar Eclipse which did occur on Sept 1, did fall in your 6th house, associated with the routines of the physical world: duty, service, everyday routine, including work and health. You may have that drive to analyze several aspects of your day-by-day rhythm, what techniques you use. You may have a new job opportunity; promotion at work, or you may suddenly pay attention to your health, diet.
Additionally, the ruler of your chart Mars will give you more clues about the way you will drive to the new opportunity; the speed you will get, and what kind of attitude you will have. Think about what have you did 19 years ago, on this time! (1997?)
On the other hand the Lunar Eclipse will fall in your 12th house, Lunar Eclipse will fall in the 12 th house.
All in all, you have a very good chart to be a good academic researcher, especially with the Stellium in the 9th / Sagittarius sign! The confusion may come from Neptune.

You can watch the Astrological Influences for Aries /Sept 16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqg-yrJqaj8

sibylline

Well, we can't tell if you're smart enough. Your chart, however, is good for a research career, particularly your 9th house Sag stellium with the sextile to Mars, plus the MC ruler is Saturn in the 8th house, making for the ability to in-depth, focus and study that one needs. I just wonder how connected you are to that Saturn since it isn't making any aspects? I assume you are, since you already have a Master's.

Last edited:

sibylline

Sibylline

Thank you for your reply! My Saturn is a mystery for me! I've read that in 8th house can mean other people resources are scarce, fear of lost control. But as my MC ruler and almost unaspected I don't know what it means.
I like to have knowledge, to study but I think this is due to my 9th house stellium.

It has many indications but as far as a research career goes Saturn in 8th can be quite positive because it brings a methodical, disciplined orientation to research. Some may have the interest or talent but they don't have the focus or self-discipline to do the work thoroughly or see a project through.