Krishnamurti ayanamsa

Drsendero

I am curious about the basis of the Krishnamurti ayanamsa. Is there a fiducial star or point, or is it simply an off-set of Lahiri that he claims to work better than Lahiri? Is there some historical rationale for this ayanamsa, ie. was it used in the past but called something different?

Thanks for any insight into this matter.

Drsendero

Crystalpages

I am curious about the basis of the Krishnamurti ayanamsa. Is there a fiducial star or point, or is it simply an off-set of Lahiri that he claims to work better than Lahiri? Is there some historical rationale for this ayanamsa, ie. was it used in the past but called something different?

Thanks for any insight into this matter.

Drsendero

This àyanamsha`thing :libraimg: has, still does, perhaps continually will make for a lot of head-scratching, it seems.

Over a couple of dozen values have been seen, many falling in a narrow band + 2 degrees, a few venturing even farther and a growing number even using tropical zodiac with jyotish rules and framework!

All proponents swear by whatever value they endorse and use, although (quite) a few swear at all other ayanamshas!

Assuming that most are truthful and have actually and adequately tested these without biases, then obviously astrology must be rather insensitive to the exact value used...?

Rather intriguing and perplexing!

There is a `linkage`between Yukteshwara and Raman ayanamsha that I found and wrote about 20-30 years ago. The approx. 6 min difference between KA and LA I believed was based on practical results of Krishnamurthy during his testing of his paddhati. I recall reading something to that effect in his readers long ago. But there might be more to it which someone might share...?