Weight and Metabolism according to astrology.

virgo18

I want to search about aspects that affect weight and metabolism of the people. Which aspects will make a person prone to over weight, or to be slender/skinny?
ACCORDING TO ASCENDANT THAT RULES THE PHYSICAL.
AND ACCORDING TO ASPECTS THAT AFFECT PSYCHOLOGICALLY THE NATIVE.

-I heard that (Moon opposition/square/conjunct/ Venus) will make the person prone to be fatty because they will tend to eat much sweets by some psychological vacuum.

Moon opposition/square/conjunct Pluto, will make the person slender because they will have a very fast basal metabolism.

I also heard that a lot of Cancer, Taurus, Sagittarius in the chart will make the person prone to eat a lot:
Jupiter in Cancer or Taurus (The person will like to stay at home and eat)
Moon in Cancer or Taurus (The person will like to eat sweets)
Ascendant in Cancer or Taurus (The person may have full/thick complexion)

Mercury, Sun, Mars will make the person average/slender?

Pluto, Saturn, Neptune and will make the person skinny?

Can someone tell me more info, I think is a large and interesting theme to discuss.

astrology02

I have Taurus moon and I eat a lot of sweets, bread and anything that is generally not healthy :) I really have a love of food.

However i do not gain a lot of weight because I have moon opposition pluto, and ascendant in capricorn...so i think your research is dead on. I should be 400 lbs by now with all the junk i eat but i guess i'm thankful for once for my moon-pluto opposition :)

virgo18

I have Moon in Taurus (love to eat candies, chocolates, junk food)
Moon opposition Venus (more candies and more chocolates) I not gain weight because moon is in the 5th and venus is in the 11th "in whole sign system"
Jupiter in Cancer (I love cooking and sometimes I eat by boredom).... but is in the 8th house so I don't get fat.

Moon opposition Pluto (I have a fast metabolism)
Sagittarius ascendant (supposedly natural slender)
The ruler of the 3rd house in my 1st house (faster metabolism)... which is Uranus
Virgo Sun and Mars... slim in general terms

dr. farr

In the approach to medical astrology which I follow Sagittarius is affinitive to the thyroid gland and its function: finding Sagittarius as the ascending sign is a vote for more rapid (or at least more balanced) metabolic function.

Olivia

Usually weight gain based on astrological profile shows up when you're in your 30s. Lilly said it, I've found it to be true as well. So if you guys are 35 or over and still really skinny - good on ya. If not, you might want to think about the future.

I've known a lot of Moon-Venus opp folks (Moon in Taurus, even) who are very, very thin. And a lot of Moon square Venus folks who are anorectic, fanatic vegans, and the like, and also thin.

Not all of them, but one planet in sign or in a particular aspect is unlikely to give you the entire profile.

Kerrie

Yes Im also a Moon in Taurus that likes to eat for comfort, boredom and everything else that you can think. I cant also eat when I am sick.. the only time that I cant is when I am love sick, lol.

I also have a Jupiter opposition to Venus, I think this aspect also says that I might gain weight, Jupiter has progressed to exact in the last 6 months and I am the heaviest I have ever been.

brooke24

It would be simple to say astrology controls everything according to some on here...but i don't care what anyone says genetics contribute a lot, if not more to physical appearance than do aspects, signs and placements...its simple logic!

virgo18

It would be simple to say astrology controls everything according to some on here...but i don't care what anyone says genetics contribute a lot, if not more to physical appearance than do aspects, signs and placements...its simple logic!

brooke24
Astrology do not control everything. Btw I agree that genetics will contribute more about our physical than astrology do... like some other things like personality and behavior.... But now we are talking about astrology.

have a nice day

mooncereal

I'm a Taurus moon. If I wasn't allergic to everything and a vegetarian, I know I would have some weight problems. My friend is also a moon in Taurus and we can never stop ourselves from eating. We talk about it all the time. We talk about how we don't stop eating if we are full if the food tastes good, and how we can turn that part of our brain off and keep chowing down until we get bored.

lazarusx

I have an Ascendant,Moon,Mercury and Jupiter all in Gemini 1st house, which i believe contributes to my extremely fast metabolism, i've been 'under-weight' at a few stages in my life, unable to gain weight.

On occasion i'll eat when im bored, but usually i have a low appetite.

On the genetics side of things, my father was and still is an extremely active person (Aquarius Sun) who was in the military, special force's, and still runs along the beach every morning at 65 years old.

Last edited:

dr. farr

But what forces influence genetics? And what forces trigger, or hamper, genetic tendencies? Many of us answer, macrocosmic* forces and influences.
Regarding genetics, what about the "blood line" chart** at the time of conception? What about the "3 sealings" concept**, relative to the prenatal epic? Many of us say that the macrocosmic influences at these time-junctures influence the genetics, now emphasizing this genetic aspect, now emphasizing that one. This entire area (the blood line chart, and the prenatal epoch) remain largely unexplored on a practical level, yet exactly here is where the genetic predisposition is created...

* macrocosmic is a specific word for "astrological"
**I have made AW posts on these subjects; check in the "search" function if interested

Frisiangal

Hi,

There are so many different astrological affiliations and correlations to weight. Not Venus or any planets in Taurus will automatically upset the natural metabolism of the thyroid gland to induce weight change, anymore than Moon or a planet in Cancer will upset the stomach and in Virgo will induce intestinal troubles to keep one slim. Planets in fire may help burn calories that enables a person to stay trim, yet a harshly aspected Jupiter in Leo can be a real teaser for overweight as a result of cholesterol problems! Planets in/of water signs can shed or retain fluid, and then there are the 'psychological' effects of a Neptune or Pluto upon food in general.

I heard that (Moon opposition/square/ conjunct/ Venus) will make the person prone to be fatty

This is not true. Moon-Venus can just as easily be super slim, according to the signs and elements they are in. It is Jupiter that provides the fat.

Moon opposition/square/conjunct Pluto, will make the person slender because they will have a very fast basal metabolism.

And how would this be explained in cases of bulimia, the obessional intake of food?

Rather than going by hearsay, it might be wise to actually learn the significance of signs, planets and elements influence upon the figure.:wink:

Claire19

It all depends on the ascendant, the ruler and the aspects as well what signs are involved. The Moon and the Sun are also influential.
It is a complex issue. The Earth and Water signs tend to metabolic issues and retaining weight....Taurus, Pisces, Cancer in particular....These are yin or feminine.

Although I am predominantly air and fire, active masculine signs. I have Pisces rising and a Taurus Moon. I am overweight in middle age and love sweets and chocolate and dont exercise as much as I should.

Last edited:

Claire19

I'm a Taurus moon. If I wasn't allergic to everything and a vegetarian, I know I would have some weight problems. My friend is also a moon in Taurus and we can never stop ourselves from eating. We talk about it all the time. We talk about how we don't stop eating if we are full if the food tastes good, and how we can turn that part of our brain off and keep chowing down until we get bored.
As a Moon in Taurus I can relate. My weight problems are also hereditary as women in family also big in middle age. I love chocolate and ice cream but would not have a problem if I exercised more. It is a sensual sign and particularly fond of the sweet things.

Only conjectures down here:

I would look for a sign on the ascendant or sun that is famous for indulging in the 5 senses(Taurus, Cancer, Sagg) and concentrating elsewhere(Pisces, Aqua). I can't imagine a self-centered Leo or Scorpio with weight problems. Virgos and Cappies seem to be beyond these issues.

Then I would look at the aspects, something like a Moon stressed by Saturn, that would resort to comfort eating.
Or Venus, plumped by Jupiter? Love for the arts, love for the fine life, excessive love for the fine life?
A touch of Neptune anywhere could be responsible for some lack of boundaries on the expression of the trait. Meaning that a Neptune conjunct Ascendant would make the general outlook on life a bit less strict or less structured and therefore miss to teach the person the inner discipline of indulgence.

On genetics 6H of Health, see what is the ruler up to, from what signs and planets is he stressfully aspected. Maybe also check out where the MC falls. (With the whole house system)

For dieting one should employ one's saturn's energies and put them to a good use by means of motivation. Everyone has a Saturn, everyone manifests his restrictive and responsible force. Once I get to identify this particular influence I can get it to work for my wishes.

Radioflyer

Hello, I have moon square venus and I'm actually skinny but I do have a serious sweet tooth and I love starchy foods. I was slightly overweight during different times of my life, teenager and after back surgery.

DiDi

-I heard that (Moon opposition/square/conjunct/ Venus) will make the person prone to be fatty because they will tend to eat much sweets by some psychological vacuum.

I also heard that a lot of Cancer, Taurus, Sagittarius in the chart will make the person prone to eat a lot:
Jupiter in Cancer or Taurus (The person will like to stay at home and eat)
Moon in Cancer or Taurus (The person will like to eat sweets)
Ascendant in Cancer or Taurus (The person may have full/thick complexion)

My moon in leo (fixed) is on the mc..... opposes aqu venus (fixed) in the 4th house (cancers natual placement)
also Jupiter in Cancer or Taurus (The person will like to stay at home and eat
Like a lot of people I love sweet food, but i have to agree with you here I only eat fatting cakes and chocolate at home... never ever out.

even the days i watch my my sugar intake i still have to have some in the house or I go crazy, I might not eat it for a week (sends my kids crazy) but i need it there so i know its there when i do want it.

Ive never eaten much junk food but i like to cook and we are pretty good at it so have to eat what you cook hey lol
My daughter is wanting a carrer in patissieries she also has my sweet tooth for desserts and chocolate but we dont eat lollies or biscutts or chips or takeaway much so yeah its just cakes and so on.

she has a moon in aqu and squ her venus in taurus also

Claire19 mentioned the asc, ruler and aspects

MY daughter has virgo asc and her merc is in taurus in the 10th
so she was allways chubby as a kid (loves her pasta) but is slim once she got to the age of careing what others (10th h) think of her... she has acknowleged that with her type of carreer she will have to put a excersise program in place for herself to stay thin.

Ive got the scorpio asc and mars placed in virgo in the 11th house sextile one another.
when im active and working I eat very healthy allowing sweets seldom but ive noticed Im either bad or very good... no inbetween... could be the fixed nature of my asc
my mars is not conflicted.

Lithuel

I get stressed easily (I'll blame it on Mars opposite Saturn and Uranus), so I enjoy eating (Sun in Taurus), but my Moon conjunct Pluto keeps my metabolism sky-high, so I, too, am unfairly thin lol.