Fertility lesson please!

Can anyone tech me how to predict when and if one will have children? I know about the fifth house, however I am just an amateur, and would love to learn

Thanks!
Kate

Marinka

Did you want to post your chart? If yes, there are instructions on how to create and post a chart in the "Read My Chart" section of this forum.

JUPITERASC

Can anyone tech me how to predict when and if one will have children? I know about the fifth house, however I am just an amateur, and would love to learn

Thanks!
Kate
There's a thread with instructions and examples DELINEATING CHILDREN using Traditional methods that may be used as a template for reading any natal chart's potential for children at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49614 :smile:
"When will I marry", "How many children I'll have" - these are the most frequent questions of the people who are interested in astrology.
Here I will explain the method of delineation of fertility or sterility of the chart.
Guessing the number of children is a very tricky thing, but delineating whether there will be few, many or no children at all is quite possible and this art can predict that.

Well, I do not have a lot of affinity toward theory and there fore I will grab my pen and scribe the rules directly, so we can later practically delineate charts and see the rules on practical example charts.

Here's what Lilly says about the fertility or sterility of the Signs (I know that Lilly is not medieval astrologer, but he draws a lot from the medieval sources):

Aries: By reason Mars, a sterill planet hath that for his house, and the Sun for Exaltation, is rather a Sign of Barrennesse than otherwise.
Taurus: Is reputed more fruitful than barren, being the house of Venus, who is fruitful, and the exaltation of the Moon.
Gemini: Is adjudged barren, being the house of Mercury, who discerns nothing of himself.
Cancer is the most fruitful and bountiful Sign, it being the house of the Moon, and the exaltation of Jupiter.
Leo: Is reputed barren, being the house of the Sun, and Lyons bring forth Young rarely.
Virgo: Hath the name of the barren Signe, for Mayds of themselves produce no Births &c.
Libra
: Rather a Signe of fecundity, it being the house of Venus, and Saturn his exaltation [4].
Scorpio: Though the house of Mars, yet generally accepted for fruitful.
Sagittarius: Ever conceived fruitfull, because the house of Jupiter.
Capricorn: A Signe of few children inclining to barrennesse.
Aquarius: Without doubt more fruitful than barren.
Pisces: Very fecund and prolificall, being the House of Jupiter and exaltation of Venus, its Signe of many Children.

Fruitful Houses:
1/11/10/7 and 5th.

Fruitful Planets:
Jupiter/Venus/Moon (Mercury is fruitful but if joined with Sun, Mars or Saturn can go to the sterility side).
Sun (because of the heat) and the 2 Malefics are sterile planets.

Pars Filorum (Part of Children):
ASC + SA - JU for a day births, reversed for night ones.

1. Look at 1st, 11th, 10th or 7th house, and see if there are some of the Significators for Children: Jupiter, Venus, Moon, Mercury, Lord of the 5th, Pars Fortuna, Pars Filorum and their Lords; or notice if the planets who deny children are there.

Bonatti:
Quote:
If at least some of the aforesaid planets signifying children are in
the specified houses or even in the 5th and the said planets are for*-
tunate and strong and aspected by the benefics by a trine or sextile
with or without reception, or even by a square with reception, it
signifies that the native will undoubtedly have children unless the
saidsignificator is within 1minute ofsomefixed star ofthe nature
of Mars or Saturn. However if the significators are weak, they
show that the children will be few.

Quote:
But if none of the aforesaid significators were there & the pars for-
tunae or pars filiorum were there and any of the malefics should
aspect the said part it completely denies children whether they are
weak or strong, unless by chance, a benefic trines or sextiles the
malefic with reception or it (the malefic) were with a fixed star
of the nature of Jupiter, Venus or the Moon in the same minute,
and let it not be in Leo, Virgo, Libra, Capricorn or Aquarius or in
Taurus. Mercury varies depending on the nature ofthe planet it is
joined with.

Bonatti also says that if one of the significators for children are in the aforesaid places, and this planet happens to be Void of Course, then this means that the native will have only one child.
(Some argue about this and say that Bonatti here refers to Horary Delineation).

Examples in the next post.

Did you want to post your chart? If yes, there are instructions on how to create and post a chart in the "Read My Chart" section of this forum.

Hi Marink,

I posted my chart. Thanks for your help. Can you tell me what this means?

Thanks,
Kate

Attachments

• 2456602951578.gif
    2456602951578.gif
    18.1 KB · Views: 31

Marinka

Hi Marink,

I posted my chart. Thanks for your help. Can you tell me what this means?

Thanks,
Kate

Can you post a chart made from astro.com - they are easier to read and they provide the degrees for the houses. Make sure to block out your name before posting in the thread.

rahu

Banned
hi ya
all the philosophical considerations are interesting but the only important time is the 20 or so minutes that your egg is going down your fallopian tube.
a woman ovulates when the sun and moon by transit are in the exact position as when you were born. this does not depend or house or signs but only on the mathematical difference between your sun and moon.
you moon is 111 degrees after your sun every month. when the moon is 111 degrees after you sun, you will ovulate and hence able to become pregnant.
i don't remember the name of this technique but jupiter ascendant does.

This month the moon will be after the sun by 111 degrees on nov 11 2013 at about 21:00 UT.
So sex up to 3 days before this date could result in pregnancy. All the philosophical should be applied on this day.i would think the near the better. But the probability that you can become pregnant on nov 12 is about %0.

rahu

Marinka

I usually check the Sun, moon and other planets to see the signs - this helps to identify the fertility and determines whether there will be difficulty in getting pregnant. You have the Sun, Moon, Venus, and Mercury in fertile signs. The Moon is in Cancer and the rest are in Pisces. This tells me that it is likely (in most cases) that you will not have trouble getting pregnant. You ascendant is Sagittarius and not the most fertile but, with the others in Pisces and Cancer it should not make a difference.

Next would be the sign on the 5th and this would indicate when activity is going to happen. Either planets moving through the house or the ruler of the house (Mars) being activated indicates that "children" are a possibility if the activation is friendly or the planets moving through provides opportunity. Aries on the cusp of the 5th is not very fertile but again, you have plenty of other water that should make up for it.

I also look at the natal aspects to identify any issues.

Lastly, I look at the transits (progressions, solar arc) to determine likely times. You want to watch Jupiter's transits as that should provide opportunities while Saturn transits will put roadblocks up.

Your Sun and Venus are between 20 to 25 Pisces and they are going to get some nice angles from transiting Jupiter over the next 6 months or so. In fact, Venus is already getting hit. Mars and your ascendant are going to get angles as transiting Jupiter moves into Leo.

JUPITERASC

hi ya
all the philosophical considerations are interesting but the only important time is the 20 or so minutes that your egg is going down your fallopian tube.
a woman ovulates when the sun and moon by transit are in the exact position as when you were born. this does not depend or house or signs but only on the mathematical difference between your sun and moon.
you moon is 111 degrees after your sun every month. when the moon is 111 degrees after you sun, you will ovulate and hence able to become pregnant.
i don't remember the name of this technique but jupiter ascendant does.

This month the moon will be after the sun by 111 degrees on nov 11 2013 at about 21:00 UT.
So sex up to 3 days before this date could result in pregnancy. All the philosophical should be applied on this day.i would think the near the better. But the probability that you can become pregnant on nov 12 is about %0.

rahu
It's popularly known as 'The Jonas Method'

:

"...

• Your most fertile days are when the mid-cycle ovulation matches up with the natal lunar phase.
  • The lunar phase can be calculated from your natal chart, by counting the degrees that the Moon is ahead of the Sun.
  • Your fertility peaks when the Moon and Sun are in that angular relationship every month.
  • There’s evidence that a man’s sperm count reaches a peak during his lunar return – when the Moon is in the sign he was born in....."
The Jonas Method definitely delivers good results for some although obviously every rule has its exceptions :smile: http://astrology.about.com/od/themoo...nFertility.htm

QUOTE:

".....

• Dr. Jonas found that the sex of a baby was in synch with whether the Moon was in a masculine or feminine sign at the time of conception.
  • The masculine signs are Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius and Aquarius.
  • The feminine signs are Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn and Pisces.
  • For your best chance at a boy baby, have sex during your fertile times when the Moon is in a masculine sign. Choose a feminine sign for a girl baby....."

poyi

Premium Member
Excellent information here. Will keep this thread as reference. The sign of moon at time of conception is much stronger indicator of the sex of the child then the natal 5th cause I don't think natal chart will move the other signs just to put a feminine or masculine sign on 5th cusp to tell you the sex of the fist child. The time of the eggs releases and the time of the actual sex will be more reliable.

Now my curiously is wondering about the non-identical girl/boy twins. What kind of moon sign could be? Gemini, Pisces maybe but I specially wondering about two different gender twins. And how the natal promise may look like. If anyone can find me a natal chart of such mother. I do research later.