zero degrees

wilsontc

Staff member
orb, to starbuck

starbuck,

A planet at zero degrees is in a "fate degree" (strong energy). This has nothing to do with aspects. ANY planet affects any OTHER planet it aspects: the closer a planet is to being exact in aspect to another planet, the stronger the planet's influence will be on the other planet. Since the "orb" is a measure of how close a planet can be and still be in aspect, the less the orb used to measure the aspect, the stronger the aspect. For this reason, some astrologers use only very small orbs, in order to be certain the aspects they measure are the most powerful in the chart.

Orbing,

Tim

starbuck

Re: orb, to starbuck

wilsontc
Fate degree (strong energy) - what is the implication of this on the entire chart and does it affect the entire chart. also, there must be a difference between zero degree and say .56 degree
txs for reply
starbuck

starbuck

Hi BMG,
mmm...surely there must be more to this & i really need to know.
havent yet found solid material.
txs for helping tho, many minds are greater than one.
starbuck

wilsontc

Staff member
zero degrees, to starbuck

starbuck,

As mentioned, I don't think of one planet's properties in terms of the ENTIRE chart. There are chart patterns (entire chart), planetary patterns (certain planets in the chart), and individual planets (individual planets). The idea of "fate degree" is about a degree range from 29 degrees up to (but not including) 1 degree.

The idea is that those planets which are at the "edge" of their degree are strong energies in their own way. 29 degree energies (from 29 degrees up to but not including 0 degrees) are trying to "stay where they are" and not slip into the next sign. 0 degree energies (from 0 degrees up to but not including 1 degree) are trying to "move ahead" and not slip back into the previous sign. So a planet at 29 degrees Virgo is trying to express its Virgoness and resist its Libraeness (the next sign after Virgo). A planet at 0 degrees Libra is trying to be Libra and resist slipping back into Virgoness (the sign before Libra).

So in your example of 0.00 degrees and 0.56 degrees, I'd include them BOTH as 0 degrees. However, my goal in astrology is to always keep things simple, so I am certain many astrologers have all sorts of rules for how to handle decimal degrees! ;)

Keeping it simple,

Tim

Discover

My progressed ascendant is at 29 degrees Taurus, and in May it will be at 0 degrees, heading towards Gemini...I'm feeling a sort of panic internally.
Any clues to what this means? Is there anything I should be doing?

holly

Re: zero degrees, to starbuck

Tim,

I have heard of planets at fate degrees being strong, but never found a really good explanation as to why. Your explanation is very clear.

Last edited:

RedCorsage

I am a Zero degree sun gemini. As a child I was assumed to be a taurus and because i was quiet ansd shy I was labeled as a taurus and treated as a a taurus. Interestingly my gemini sun has come roaring through over the past decade.. I also have sag rising so there you go....

Discover

Hi Redcorsage,
I have read in different sites about the fixed star of Alcyone being at 29 degree Taurus or 0 degree Gemini...Have you noticed its influence on your sun sign being at that degree?

RedCorsage

Hi Discover,

To be honest i don't know enough about Alcyone to claim its effect on my chart. You know I am somewhat familiar with her poignant story, but I would have to think a bit about it before offering a response. She seems to be not merely about sadness, tears and bereavement, but deep loyalty, protection (warding off evil) and reproduction.

astro.teacher

0 Degrees Pisces is a Feminine degree, a smokey and Azimene degree.

Translation=

Smokey = With regards to something mixed.. mixed results, unclearity etc.

Azimene = There will be some crookedness, deformities, with the Feet (Pisces). This is especially powerful is Ascending.

Aaron Brody - Astro.Teacher
http://antiquus.50webs.com
Antiquus Astrologia

Last edited:

Discover

Hi RedCorsage;
"deep loyalty, protection (warding off evil) and reproduction." I am relieved to hear a positive interpretation on this fixed star! I had only heard the negative interpretation and am glad to get to know its positive attributes.
Thank you.

RedCorsage

Hahhah! Discover. Yeah you really have to be careful with those astreoids or you'll walk around thinking you're going to get decapititated or drowned at sea any minute. The very old emphasis was on the dramatiuc--melodramatic--and dark. So when I see Algol conjunct Venus I suspect someone is losing their head over love as opposed to going under the guillotine. Alcyone threw herself over because not only despair but love and loyalty. During the halycone days of laying eggs the seas are calm and she wards off evil..and reproduction comes safely to fruition ....

starbuck

Hey Red Corsage,

Not fair to mention the guillotine on the Astro forum. I'm of French birth and take umbrage to that! (the neck still hurts in this lifetime..) and let's not forget that the Statue of Liberty originated from France.
Oh yay, just kidding and nice touch. ps txs for your reply to post.:38:
starbuck

Marsgirl

Re: zero degrees, to starbuck

wilsontc said:
starbuck,

As mentioned, I don't think of one planet's properties in terms of the ENTIRE chart. There are chart patterns (entire chart), planetary patterns (certain planets in the chart), and individual planets (individual planets). The idea of "fate degree" is about a degree range from 29 degrees up to (but not including) 1 degree.

The idea is that those planets which are at the "edge" of their degree are strong energies in their own way. 29 degree energies (from 29 degrees up to but not including 0 degrees) are trying to "stay where they are" and not slip into the next sign. 0 degree energies (from 0 degrees up to but not including 1 degree) are trying to "move ahead" and not slip back into the previous sign. So a planet at 29 degrees Virgo is trying to express its Virgoness and resist its Libraeness (the next sign after Virgo). A planet at 0 degrees Libra is trying to be Libra and resist slipping back into Virgoness (the sign before Libra).

So in your example of 0.00 degrees and 0.56 degrees, I'd include them BOTH as 0 degrees. However, my goal in astrology is to always keep things simple, so I am certain many astrologers have all sorts of rules for how to handle decimal degrees! ;)

Keeping it simple,

Tim

I have an ascendant at 29+degrees in Pisces and have been told that I am in no way a Pisces as I definitely exhibit Aries traits and I am an Aries Sun to boot. I am trying to grasp how this works. Can someone please explain.

wilsontc

Staff member
rest of the chart, to mars

mars,

The rest of your chart has to be considered as well. There could very easily be some Pisces energy in your chart but that the Aries energy is stronger and more easy to see.

Martially,

Tim

Marsgirl

Thank you so much for responding but this is what my chart looks like and planetary positions. You will see that I have quite a few planetary positions in the 29+ degree range.

Planetary positions planetsigndegreemotionSunAries17°58'58in house 1directMoonGemini24°59'58in house 3directMercuryPisces22°32'03in house 12directVenusTaurus4°46'24in house 2directMarsSagittarius28°21'07end of house 9directJupiterGemini21°17'29in house 3directSaturnScorpio7°24'07in house 8retrogradeUranusCancer19°03'36in house 4directNeptuneLibra24°53'11in house 7retrogradePlutoLeo22°41'48in house 5retrogradeTrue NodeCapricorn19°25'41in house 10retrogradePlanets at the end of a house are interpreted in the next house.
House positions (Placidus) AscendantPisces29°02'082nd HouseTaurus2°20'323rd HouseGemini2°06'24Imum CoeliGemini29°13'495th HouseCancer26°16'496th HouseLeo25°51'46DescendantVirgo29°02'088th HouseScorpio2°20'329th HouseSagittarius2°06'24Medium CoeliSagittarius29°13'4911th HouseCapricorn26°16'4912th HouseAquarius25°51'46